Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64456
Latest: Harryfunny
New This Month: 325
New This Week: 14
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 76592
Total Topics: 22137
Most Online Today: 1130
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1115
Total: 1127

Author Topic: SLO VR inventory/ Regular SLO idea!  (Read 1567 times)

Offline GhostParadise

• VR Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • GhostParadise has no influence.
  • "Never underestimate the one who rivals you"
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta
SLO VR inventory/ Regular SLO idea!
« on: May 22, 2015, 20:53:58 »
So VR will be an option in SLO am i correct? so you will be in the same server with a VR user..So what i was thinking for inventory was lets say in REG SLO without VR option enabled you have animations for reaching in a backpack then you get too choose what item you want like in other games BUT for VR users you will be the animation by using the Perception N so lets say when you have the VR option enabled your backpack is a real backpack you can open it up and reach inside and grab a item....

what im trying to say is have a non animation way of doing it (VR) then have a animation way of doing it (REGULAR) meaning for VR users they're backpacks are actually a real interactive object

since this is a realistic simulator i think this would add to the immersion of VR and the game

so would this be an option in the future of the game?

and also its the same with shurikens ect ect but in regular you would press a button to throw it but in VR you could open up a pouch then throw it

im just saying it would add the level of immersion to a whole new stage!!!   8)

(now keep in mind i think you could enable different VR equipment so if you just want just the Oculus Rift to use you can just use that therefore you do not need a fullbody system like Perception N you could just use the Rift)( @Vreg if you are using Steam VR which enables a wide varrity of VR equipment i think you should have a option where is scans for VR equipment and you could choose the ones you want to use so they dont need a certain HMD)      8)

• Character Name: Katsuo

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
Re: SLO VR inventory/ Regular SLO idea!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 21:04:43 »
We won't be developing for Perception Neuron anytime soon. But when we do, we would likely replace animation with actual arm motion (only visible to the player with the VR and other VR players).
  • Character Name: Vuregu