Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64069
Latest: Michailvdx
New This Month: 4162
New This Week: 128
New Today: 20
Stats
Total Posts: 73922
Total Topics: 20770
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 832
Total: 841
Kyliebob
Google (8)

Author Topic: Shinobi Life Online Hidden Villages  (Read 143140 times)

Offline conteledemonte

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • conteledemonte has no influence.
  • I'm not looking for fame, I'm looking for power.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Ookami
  • Organization: 11Ronin
Re: Shinobi Life Online Hidden Villages
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 13:31:57 »
I don't understand this, forgive me if I'm being stupid. But I thought that you pick your first chakra nature, then a random one is given to you when you are a jonin? So what does the village system have to do with this?
It's easy, any village have a specific release (like wood release that Yamato have in Naruto) when you choose a village you can pick one of 2 chakra nature specific to that village (for example hidden forest, you can choose between wood and water) than you have 25% chances to right chakra mix, and if you're lucky enough you're gonna unlock the village's combinated chakra natures.

I give you an example.
I'll gonna be in Hidden Forest, I make my character and then I have to choose my first chakra nature, ofc between earth and water. Let's say I pick earth, if i'm lucky my secondary chakra nature will be water, and if I'm even luckier I'll get wood release. Hope you get it.
  • Character Name: Kyioshi Ookami

WHEN HUNTED BY RONIN, DEATH ISN'T YOUR CHOICE. IT'S YOUR DESTINY!

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 13:44:55 »
I don't understand this, forgive me if I'm being stupid. But I thought that you pick your first chakra nature, then a random one is given to you when you are a jonin? So what does the village system have to do with this?
It's easy, any village have a specific release (like wood release that Yamato have in Naruto) when you choose a village you can pick one of 2 chakra nature specific to that village (for example hidden forest, you can choose between wood and water) than you have 25% chances to right chakra mix, and if you're lucky enough you're gonna unlock the village's combinated chakra natures.

I give you an example.
I'll gonna be in Hidden Forest, I make my character and then I have to choose my first chakra nature, ofc between earth and water. Let's say I pick earth, if i'm lucky my secondary chakra nature will be water, and if I'm even luckier I'll get wood release. Hope you get it.
This is the explanation, except for the 25% part. You have 25% chances to get the right chakra nature of the village, the chance to unlock the Chakra mix is lower, somewhere around 4%. So not everyone who will have the right 2 natures will have the village's chakra mix.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline conteledemonte

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • conteledemonte has no influence.
  • I'm not looking for fame, I'm looking for power.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Ookami
  • Organization: 11Ronin
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 17:04:51 »

I give you an example.
This is the explanation, except for the 25% part. You have 25% chances to get the right chakra nature of the village, the chance to unlock the Chakra mix is lower, somewhere around 4%. So not everyone who will have the right 2 natures will have the village's chakra mix.
That's why I said "and if I'm even luckier" :D
  • Character Name: Kyioshi Ookami

WHEN HUNTED BY RONIN, DEATH ISN'T YOUR CHOICE. IT'S YOUR DESTINY!

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 18:29:58 »
You pick your first chakra nature by choosing the right Hidden Village. Each Hidden Village, apart from the Hidden Hill, has 2 chakra natures you can choose from. The Hidden Hill however, being chakra nature neutral, allows you to choose any chakra nature as your primary nature.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 18:31:01 »
Thanks guys!
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • AugustRed has no influence.
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 22:50:22 »
imo sandstorm release should be controlling sand

Offline RyoHazuki

• Genin Poster
  • RyoHazuki has no influence.
  • Have you seen any sailors?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 00:54:49 »
I feel you you may have gotten some of this idea from that one thread I made super long ago that was somewhat similar to the way this is going to be set up but in any case I REALLY like the direction you're taking with this...  :)
  • Character Name: Ryo
When does a ninja strike?

A ninja waits until the time is right. When his enemy sleeps and drops his guard. When his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike.

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 17:17:36 »
Vreg-kun, can you enlighten me with the calculation you used to obtain 0.8% probability? hehehe sorry.
  • Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 18:16:32 »
Evil BIOMETALLURGY
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline evolutionary-blaze

• Chunin Poster
  • evolutionary-blaze has no influence.
  • I'm as cool as an ice cube :3
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k388/halika202/Kabuto_zpsfb4b0f4c.gif[/IMG
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2014, 21:30:50 »
Kaminari is where I will be (most of the time).

doesnt this help ppl find u easier?
  • Character Name: takashi

Offline bloberfish

• Water Release Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • bloberfish has no influence.
  • Family is sacred, never give them up!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 16:32:28 »
storm release all the way!!!
  • Character Name: Arashi

Offline hammarsten1991

• Academy Student Poster
  • hammarsten1991 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 23:52:49 »
i think is really nice to have many villages to choose from:) it will give you every time you start a new character a new chans to discover somthing new :) GJ!
  • Character Name: Rikin

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 01:15:04 »
Vreg-kun, can you enlighten me with the calculation you used to obtain 0.8% probability? hehehe sorry.
First of all, in Probability Theory any probability is part of [0, 1]. With 1 being guaranteed success and 0 being guaranteed failure.

I have two constants:
  • 25% chance for a getting the right chakra nature, aka 1/4 (which is part of [0, 1])
  • and the fact that I want the total probability for gaining a combined nature to be 0.2%, aka 1/500 (which is also part of [0, 1])
The type of probability we're dealing with is known as independent intersected probability, where two or more independent events must both occur. The first event for us would be the 25% chance of getting the right chakra nature, and the second event for which we don't know the probability would be the one resulting in getting the combined chakra nature and giving us a total probability of 1/500.

Because both independent events must occur for the final result, we need to multiply them together and get our total of 1/500. So that means 1/4 * 1/x = 1/500.
The 1/x for the second event is obviously the probability we're looking for. And here, x equals to 125.

So the probability for the second event is 1/125. The probability for the first event is 1/4. The joint probability of these is 1/500. If you want to display the 1/125 this in % or per 100, you need to scale 125 down to 100. (1/125) / 1.25 = 0.8/100 or 0.8%.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:21:30 by Vreg »

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 07:59:53 »
Actually my question can be answered by: 0.02 is predetermined and 0.25 is the chance of obtaining a desired combination. 0.08 is therefore determined to come up with 1/500. Anyway, thanks.  :D

(AB)                                                                         Number of character w/ KG
                     -------------------------         x    (Chance to obtain KG) =    --------------------------------------------
                 (AB) + (AC) + (AD) + (AE)                                                     Total number of char. w/ and w/o KG
  • Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2014, 12:45:47 »
Actually my question can be answered by: 0.02 is predetermined and 0.25 is the chance of obtaining a desired combination. 0.08 is therefore determined to come up with 1/500. Anyway, thanks.  :D

(AB)                                                                         Number of character w/ KG
                     -------------------------         x    (Chance to obtain KG) =    --------------------------------------------
                 (AB) + (AC) + (AD) + (AE)                                                     Total number of char. w/ and w/o KG
Actually I already answered your question.