Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64464
Latest: mozgyou
New This Month: 333
New This Week: 9
New Today: 7
Stats
Total Posts: 76760
Total Topics: 22304
Most Online Today: 1115
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 1099
Total: 1112

Author Topic: Special Village Starting Clothing  (Read 3515 times)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Special Village Starting Clothing
« on: July 11, 2015, 15:51:04 »
This was a suggestion made by Konohuro in the shoutbox about an hour ago. The suggestions is that everyone who originates from the Hidden Haze should, at least start, with a facemask. These could be customisable as everyone in the game would be able to buy masks, but the people from the Haze should start with one on their person. That's because people of the Haze need a way to survive the dusty weather, and therefore should wear a mask to begin with. Some may ditch them later on, or customise them, but they should all start with them.

From this idea, I came up with the idea that most, if not all villages should have a starting item or clothing that is unique to them. Here are some ideas that I've come up for unique starting items so far, feel free to add:

Hidden Ash- Mask like Kakashi's, or like the ones many wear in Tokyo in real life
Hidden Snow- Big puffy jacket, like Kiba's
Hidden Haze- Same as Ash
Hidden Sand- Another face mask, or possibly a full facemask to allow them to survive sandstorms
Hidden Volcano- Have almost bare clothing to help survive the intense heat

These are all I could come up with at the moment, feel free to add, or say whether you believe this to be a good idea or not! Tschüss!

• Character Name: Dawg

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
  • Brakelvierr has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: The Kishu
Re: Special Village Starting Clothing
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 16:33:10 »
I like this idea, but there would have to be customisation for those items so that people don't just get the stock Face mask/Rebreather

Also, would this just affect lore, aesthetics and background of your character, or would you want it to legitimately need to obtain a Face mask to have a better chance in the desert and the same for similar places, to be honest this could maybe be turned into a thread on it's own.
  • Character Name: Funso Mokushiroku
This Jutsu was passed down the Armstrong line for generations!

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
  • ParadoxRonin has no influence.
  • Guardian Fang of the Hidden Metal Hayate Hazo
    • View Profile
    • a ronin has no purpose and a shinobi has no limits when the two clash time  it self stops.
  • Clan: Hazo Leader
  • Organization: Ronin-Metal
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 23:05:06 »
This was a suggestion made by Konohuro in the shoutbox about an hour ago. The suggestions is that everyone who originates from the Hidden Haze should, at least start, with a facemask. These could be customisable as everyone in the game would be able to buy masks, but the people from the Haze should start with one on their person. That's because people of the Haze need a way to survive the dusty weather, and therefore should wear a mask to begin with. Some may ditch them later on, or customise them, but they should all start with them.

From this idea, I came up with the idea that most, if not all villages should have a starting item or clothing that is unique to them. Here are some ideas that I've come up for unique starting items so far, feel free to add:

Hidden Ash- Mask like Kakashi's, or like the ones many wear in Tokyo in real life
Hidden Snow- Big puffy jacket, like Kiba's
Hidden Haze- Same as Ash
Hidden Sand- Another face mask, or possibly a full facemask to allow them to survive sandstorms
Hidden Volcano- Have almost bare clothing to help survive the intense heat

These are all I could come up with at the moment, feel free to add, or say whether you believe this to be a good idea or not! Tschüss!

I have a few metal starts with all metal arm and leg equipment like shin and forearm guards
shockwave starts a long robe
hidden hill starts with a leaf in thier mouth
and thunder has a harry potter tatty haha jk! how bout a ninja rain coat   
LONG LIVE THE HAZO

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 23:20:35 »
I think it would make more sense if Hidden Volcano would have more clothing than others since they'd have to protect their skin from the intense heat.
Like in the desert , you don't see people with almost bare clothing there , do you?
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 00:37:50 »
I disagree with this for the very fact it forces us to make our characters look a certain way rather than unique. Customisation should be completely free of choice. If you want to RP with your village using these outfit ideas then by all means but I don't want to be forced to wear a rain coat when I start playing in Hidden Thunder
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
    • a ronin has no purpose and a shinobi has no limits when the two clash time  it self stops.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 00:48:40 »
I disagree with this for the very fact it forces us to make our characters look a certain way rather than unique. Customisation should be completely free of choice. If you want to RP with your village using these outfit ideas then by all means but I don't want to be forced to wear a rain coat when I start playing in Hidden Thunder
no one said forced i think alot of people take ideas out of proportion you'll just have the option to use the item rather than be forced to use it   
LONG LIVE THE HAZO

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 02:39:57 »
Marsy, the guy in your almost naked post looks like a grown up version of you (^_^). But, I have to remove it.
  • Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 03:39:21 »
Marsy, the guy in your almost naked post looks like a grown up version of you (^_^). But, I have to remove it.
lol thx man that hurt my eye
LONG LIVE THE HAZO

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 07:54:59 »
I disagree with this idea, maybe their ancestors had to wear those clothing as they weren't used to the environment but as the generations passed they would have got used to it and adapted and not have had to wear those clothing.

Also, going with Leebz's point people would complain that they'd have to start with them.

Offline jedikan

• Chunin Poster
  • jedikan has no influence.
  • rah
    • View Profile

• Organization: Rōguhantā        
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 10:37:15 »
Perhaps the thing to do would be to make there to be a variety of starting clothing upon character creation, based on the village chosen? Instead of everybody getting the same generic stuff in a village.

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 11:17:49 »
If people don't want to start with the items, they can just sell them, or remove them. It wouldn't be on the character customisation screen at the beginning. It's very common in MMORPGs for people to have clothing unique to their area. It doesn't ruin customisation, as you can simply remove the item. It's not stuck to you in any way. It's just important (in my opinion) to keep the history of villages and their culture at least at the beginning of the game, before players leave and lose their previous affiliation.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 22:43:21 »
Perhaps the thing to do would be to make there to be a variety of starting clothing upon character creation, based on the village chosen? Instead of everybody getting the same generic stuff in a village.
thats what i said it will be a option in creation stage
LONG LIVE THE HAZO