Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64456
Latest: Harryfunny
New This Month: 325
New This Week: 14
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 76592
Total Topics: 22137
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1086
Total: 1097

Author Topic: SLO Demo Idea(s)  (Read 5858 times)

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
SLO Demo Idea(s)
« on: July 13, 2016, 06:29:55 »
I've been thinking about a good demo to attract the masses around. I'm going to dump the idea here, which could be rather long, so be prepared. If you want, you can add on or create your own.

So I first came to the idea of a game like Wizard101. You go through streets, completing quests, getting rewards, average MMORPG stuff. I'd say that the demo for SLO could be something like a single street. An instanced area in which you start next to a quest giver. They give you a quest to defeat three or so bandits, making you run a bit down the street, maybe take a turn, go over a river on a bridge. Basically just show off some beautiful scenery, until you arrive at a bit of a more open area in which an ample amount of bandits stand. I would suggest these first bandits only used ranged attacks, and the player starts with only chidori. It could teach players a bit about fighting bad odds. Once you defeat three, you run back to the quest giver, turn the quest in, and get a few rewards. I would suggest these rewards be something like a new piece of armor and one more jutsu. The quest giver then sends you down to the next quest giver, whom sends you on another quest to kill bandits, this time with these bandits have more jutsu and health. This could repeat a few times, until the player has the testing jutsu and a few shiny pieces of gear. The last 'defeat bandits' (could be a ninja from another village) quest could be turned into the Kage of the Hidden Hill. (or an NPC assistant if the Kage will be a player in the game) Once this little demo is completed, players get to keep the jutsu and gear they acquired once they join the multiplayer aspect of the pre-alpha/beta/etc. I believe it would be a could simulation of what being in a village would be like.

If it would be possible, having the entire Hidden Hill  there would be advantageous. If it would be able to be implemented, it would probably be a good idea to use invisible walls so that the village isn't spoiled. Another solution would be to create a makeshift village for as far as the eye can see, to make it seem like the village is complete. I'm not particularly sure that the village system would be as structured as this, however this would probably be the easiest way to give a taste of what questing could be like without having to create much more than a street and a park-like area.

• Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Kings_Head

Re: SLO Demo Idea(s)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 07:53:16 »
I really like this idea seems like a good way for beginners to get a good feel to the game, it would be even much better if weapons where implemented like Kunai and shiruken. but this seems like a really good idea i hope the devs look into this post and maybe give it some thought. 
Nobleblood Leader for the Great Kirishima Clan
"Why should I apologize for being a monster? Has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one?"

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:24:12 »
It feels like wow, I want to burn this idea with fb. Tbh an academy style tutorial would be more storyish, where you practice throwing kunai, fighting ai student or players in melee and ranged ( never to the death) and using whichever jutsu vreg picks as first for your primary nature if any. With the shinobi world turmoil players will get tested so soon, in using a basic jutsu selected randomly form a list limited to their chakra nature or a non nature jutsu that is there if any ) then get their headband or whatever. Ofc npcs will give the quests, but if you use the same trickle reward system, it feels sooo lame. No one in the ninja world gives one piece of armor away. Why wouldnt they give you the rest too? your life is on the line.

Also being sent to fight random bandits to the death has no meaning. academy setting allows you to pursue the goal of passing the npc expectations or the quest requirements to get headband and weapons/armor and become a registered ninja available to take missions for the village, ofc you can split them up, but not in pieces for goodness sake! having it instanced is a very good idea, as you would end up with a lot of ppl just running off into the world  and never becoming a registered ninja lol. Not that choice is bad lol!

lol just a suggestion, but please please please make this game better than dumb mmo quest system.

@America  know your idea was for the current or soon before alpha, but with the current amount of jutsu and gameplay that lacks complex mechanics for getting around or fighting in 3d, you wont need a tutorial besides the menus which only most br cannot read, til we actually have mechanics that need explaining lol!
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 08:40:07 »
I like the academy idea. Spar with npc classmates to learn taijutsu basics, throw kunai and practice starter jutsu on dummies, give them a headband if they can do their jutsu quick enough/ block attacks with taijutsu as a graduation test. Get the headband and maybe have a dojo set up for automated 1v1's with others who got their headbands to give people something to do and get the combat down. If theres a reward system it one armor piece at a time doesnt really make sense. Unless it were like different pockets or bags to equip with different values. Like maybe a small Kunai bag, stitches onto your leg and it can hold 10 kunai and 5 shuriken. Different Clothing and headband colors/styles would also be cool to unlock.

In the grand scheme of things the gameplay demo sounds like a good idea. Get more people on the hype train, more donators, more community feedback, probably more people asking to be madara as well, but the good outweighs the bad.

Offline taigakun

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 11:31:28 »
It feels like wow, I want to burn this idea with fb. Tbh an academy style tutorial would be more storyish, where you practice throwing kunai, fighting ai student or players in melee and ranged ( never to the death) and using whichever jutsu vreg picks as first for your primary nature if any. With the shinobi world turmoil players will get tested so soon, in using a basic jutsu selected randomly form a list limited to their chakra nature or a non nature jutsu that is there if any ) then get their headband or whatever. Ofc npcs will give the quests, but if you use the same trickle reward system, it feels sooo lame. No one in the ninja world gives one piece of armor away. Why wouldnt they give you the rest too? your life is on the line.

Also being sent to fight random bandits to the death has no meaning. academy setting allows you to pursue the goal of passing the npc expectations or the quest requirements to get headband and weapons/armor and become a registered ninja available to take missions for the village, ofc you can split them up, but not in pieces for goodness sake! having it instanced is a very good idea, as you would end up with a lot of ppl just running off into the world  and never becoming a registered ninja lol. Not that choice is bad lol!

lol just a suggestion, but please please please make this game better than dumb mmo quest system.

@America  know your idea was for the current or soon before alpha, but with the current amount of jutsu and gameplay that lacks complex mechanics for getting around or fighting in 3d, you wont need a tutorial besides the menus which only most br cannot read, til we actually have mechanics that need explaining lol!
This

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 12:31:24 »
I think loller has the right idea here.. All thought I think we need to get closer to a workable beta before we try and release it.

When you graduate a mission against AI might be good to show how battle Experiance effects your character. Then Sparing with other graduates.

You don't want to officially release somthing that is not close to done... People will think it is
A late alpha early bata and judge it before it's finished ... This idea could back fire drastically for the game...

As it is we are reminding people this is just a PRE- ALPHA build of the game... If we officially Launch something with only slightly more content then we have now it's not going to be accepted well.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:34:14 by cmsurfer »

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 15:32:51 »

I play WoW and have three level 100s so I guess it's kind of telling that I would come up with a boring quest and turn in style, however, I do like your idea a lot more.

The part about getting gear is to show off the gear that the team has made without ruining the surprise by showing too much
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 15:36:06 by America »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 18:16:40 »
i think if we want to engage more people at this level of development... Once the next update comes out with earth dome and stamina..
We have agustable game types

Death match: in hidden hill village completed

And then

Race mode: an anything go's foot race around the already built hidden hill. With check points that refill stamina and a finish line.

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 18:25:52 »
i think if we want to engage more people at this level of development... Once the next update comes out with earth dome and stamina..
We have agustable game types

Death match: in hidden hill village completed

And then

Race mode: an anything go's foot race around the already built hidden hill. With check points that refill stamina and a finish line.

I think it would be too much to put the entire Hidden Hill into the game before the launch or even beta.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 20:03:53 »
I'm not suggesting finishing. Hidden hill completely... Just put in the completed buildings in the shape of an obstacle course. Almost all the buildings for hidden hill are nearly done. It would not be hard to drop a few in the build right now... It would be like the big present boxes last christmas

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 23:13:51 »
I'm not suggesting finishing. Hidden hill completely... Just put in the completed buildings in the shape of an obstacle course. Almost all the buildings for hidden hill are nearly done. It would not be hard to drop a few in the build right now... It would be like the big present boxes last christmas
I actually do hope they release atleast something big this summer...
cba to wait for winter lolz..
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Manuster

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 23:56:22 »
Damn, I thought America had a good idea till I read loller and snipe's

I actually do hope they release atleast something big this summer...
cba to wait for winter lolz..

ikr^^^ the earth dome just isnt enough anymore...
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline mamoudou52404

• Special Jonin Poster
  • mamoudou52404 has no influence.
  • "Can I get a 'hoyaaah'?"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: nah
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 15:47:45 »
I've been thinking about a good demo to attract the masses around. I'm going to dump the idea here, which could be rather long, so be prepared. If you want, you can add on or create your own.

So I first came to the idea of a game like Wizard101.

I LOVE WIZARD101! it was like my favorite game growing up, not to mention i was a beast ;) had a fire level maxed, he is max right now, level 110
and all my other characters are high levels too........
  • Character Name: Harukoo *Tsukegami?

Offline mamoudou52404

• Special Jonin Poster
  • mamoudou52404 has no influence.
  • "Can I get a 'hoyaaah'?"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: nah
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 15:51:50 »

I like this idea tbh, the whole starting in the academy like a regular ninja and training there, seems awesome to me, I just have a question about the age, how wud tht work? would we start off when we're the age we want to be? as stated in the characters pages, or would we begin at an early age and build our story, and how wud the death system work, A lot of people on SLO say "You'll be hunted down" and whatnot about rogues or other people, obviously u will respawn back into the game and there is no final death right? well unless u stop playing

wow this is hard work, creds to vreg and Matt and the whole dev team for tackling these problems
  • Character Name: Harukoo *Tsukegami?

Offline Manuster

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 16:27:15 »
and how wud the death system work, A lot of people on SLO say "You'll be hunted down" and whatnot about rogues or other people, obviously u will respawn back into the game and there is no final death right? well unless u stop playing

wow this is hard work, creds to vreg and Matt and the whole dev team for tackling these problems

*sigh* really man...I thought you'd know by now. There are gonna be perma death zones between villages. smh
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me