Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64454
Latest: migSlope
New This Month: 323
New This Week: 84
New Today: 12
Stats
Total Posts: 76573
Total Topics: 22119
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 986
Total: 995
EdithSoure
Google (8)

Author Topic: Combat and other skill tree ideas  (Read 3880 times)

Offline Baldakus

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Baldakus has no influence.
  • I am trying to help
    • View Profile
Combat and other skill tree ideas
« on: June 14, 2016, 19:11:43 »
[UNKNOWN RESPONSE]
IDEA WHAT CAN BE IN ANOTHER VESION
  • recovering of Chakra - your jutsu, when press for example E, start recovering Chakra from the world
  • make the move to the backward
  • cursor lock mode - it will be great if you create cursor lock mode on pressed middle mouse button (something similar to dark souls lock mode), when camera rotates on enemy
  • tutorial video on youtube - video shared on this webside in english
JUTSU CREATION
If you want I can make some jutsu for you. Just contact me. But only the jutsu.
Just let me know if it was helpful.

Btw: I will by change this topic.

[BAD IDEAS]
SIMPLE COMBAT
I thing the best way to do combat is getting inspirate with this game Shadow of Mordor  (but without blind AI). The most beautifull thing is blocking system. Just push the button to block.
LEVELING OF THE JUTSU
Skill tree isn´t bad idea, but I think there is a lot of mmorpg with them, so i think the most great will be a leveling of the jutsu. Jutsu will be leveling in the time when you use it. For example I will train basic fireball (or something like that) and i will use it a lot. So it will be leveling. On each level it get more damage, less of chakra and more instant cast. I will also have a two chakra elements and something like stone wall jutsu. But I will not use it. So with leveling my fireball will reise skil of primary fire chakra. So if I want in the future learn fire jutsu it will be more easy then learn earth jutsu.
LEARNING OF THE JUTSU
I think that idea of find scroll and learn skill from it can be with a time period boring idea. I think the more better is something like trainers what will be around the world, but finding scrolls isn´t too bad. It is good give it some sort of life. For example minigames. Here is a example:
Genin will start. He will get trainer who learn his first jutsu. He will have a choice of different jutsu from start. He choose for example basic fireball (or something like that) and he learn it by quick time event. If he perfectly push the buttons he will get a better skill of jutsu, for example level 2.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 13:38:38 by Baldakus »

• Character Name: Baldakus

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: Combat and other skill tree ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 19:27:22 »
There's one major problem with the game you showed... It works great for a pve game... Not so much for PVP witch is most of this game... And the combat speed could be just a pinch faster. As for jutsu leveling I still say you should have control over how well you want to learn that jutsu. Points in the skill trees gives you that. You don't just  automatically get better the more you use it.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 19:59:52 »
Woah woah woah. Jutsu levelling and Jutsu learning are already planned. As is the combat mechanisms.
There is even a jutsu creation thread as well:
https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=498.0

The only thing that we do not have any confirmation for is the skill tree, hence the discussion.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Baldakus

• Academy Student Poster
  • I am trying to help
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:03:15 »
Ok, thank for comments. I  will try more explain it. I think that combat system can´t be copied just modified to faster use. Blocking can be do faster depending on reflexes. You have right about that skill tree. I change it later, but I was inspirated by this game . And I didn´t think jutsu creation thread. I think creating assets for Unity 3D and other few ideas about that.

BTW about that "Woah woah woah. Jutsu levelling and Jutsu learning are already planned. As is the combat mechanisms. " I have a feeling you didn´t read the text.

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 06:49:37 »
Shadow of Mordor Combat, like cmsurfer said, just wont work. Its flashy, easy and looks good, but its because he's fighting npcs. If one player could just stand in the middle of a bunch of ninja and take them all out with 1 button press each, I'm sure you could see how that would be a problem. I think that taijutsu should have a simple but skill based combat system, similar to dark souls.

For Taijutsu, No dedicated "Hold this to block all incoming attacks" button like say in mortal kombat. There should be a timed block, where if you time it correctly say you block a punch, if you time it good enough it blocks the attack, but if you time it perfectly it sets you up to perform a throw on the enemy.

Kenjutsu could work similarly, use the block button to block incoming enemy attacks, blocking thrown projectiles if block is activated just before contact. However I believe there should be a parry ability, that allows you to take a risk and parry your opponent knocking their weapon aside for you to riposte/counter attack. If missed you'll probably take a pretty harsh blow, if landed you get to deliver one. Risk/Reward kind of thing, plus it adds skill to the skill trees, because if its just straight up spam mouse button, its hard to say who's a better swordsman.

Just the idea of watching two people run in a circle throwing mundane punches at eachother until one dies gives me a headache. Of course thats somewhere to start I'm just thinking for the endgame. Fast paced, flashy skill based combat.

Offline Baldakus

• Academy Student Poster
  • I am trying to help
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 13:27:51 »
OK, thanks for reponse. You have right, but i can image dark souls combat in the fast game like this. Also I didn´t think counter attack, but something like really quick time event but that isn´t the important. I will continue thinking about the combat.
Shadow of Mordor Combat, like cmsurfer said, just wont work. Its flashy, easy and looks good, but its because he's fighting npcs. If one player could just stand in the middle of a bunch of ninja and take them all out with 1 button press each, I'm sure you could see how that would be a problem. I think that taijutsu should have a simple but skill based combat system, similar to dark souls.

For Taijutsu, No dedicated "Hold this to block all incoming attacks" button like say in mortal kombat. There should be a timed block, where if you time it correctly say you block a punch, if you time it good enough it blocks the attack, but if you time it perfectly it sets you up to perform a throw on the enemy.

Kenjutsu could work similarly, use the block button to block incoming enemy attacks, blocking thrown projectiles if block is activated just before contact. However I believe there should be a parry ability, that allows you to take a risk and parry your opponent knocking their weapon aside for you to riposte/counter attack. If missed you'll probably take a pretty harsh blow, if landed you get to deliver one. Risk/Reward kind of thing, plus it adds skill to the skill trees, because if its just straight up spam mouse button, its hard to say who's a better swordsman.

Just the idea of watching two people run in a circle throwing mundane punches at eachother until one dies gives me a headache. Of course thats somewhere to start I'm just thinking for the endgame. Fast paced, flashy skill based combat.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 14:49:15 »
So the life is futile skill menus is  similar to what I was thinking but way too simplistic for a ninja skill tree.

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 23:03:25 »
You know guys...there are a good deal of topics ranged about these ideas already on the forums. Give them a look, they might just change your perspective on what would be interesting additions to the game.]]
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .