Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64061
Latest: Julidio
New This Month: 4154
New This Week: 120
New Today: 27
Stats
Total Posts: 73874
Total Topics: 20753
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 843
Total: 856

Author Topic: The SCP Foundation  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Manuster

The SCP Foundation
« on: April 23, 2017, 03:01:33 »
I found a rather interesting extract.

It isn't something I wrote but it's an interesting piece of writing. The link is here.

I copied and pasted the engaging parts as it does get extraordinarily detailed.

Item #: SCP-342

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-342 can be safely stored in its case file folder, in an envelope stapled to the inside cover, as it poses no danger so long as it is not actively used. Said case file folder should be kept in a secure file cabinet in High Value Items Storage, and protected by a standard array of biological, chemical, memetic, and physical positive action defenses.

Description: SCP-342 normally takes the form of a mass transit ticket for the closest form of mass transportation to its current location. At the moment, it takes the form of a train ticket, departing from ████████████████ Station. When held by a sentient person for any length of time, it will eventually change form into a transit ticket for a form of transportation its holder desires to use. This transformation always takes place when not being directly or indirectly observed: no recordings of SCP-342 changing form exist at this time. SCP-342 is indistinguishable from any valid transit ticket and may be used as such.

Should SCP-342 be validated by stamp, tearing off the ticket stub, or disposal, it will reform itself into an unused ticket after a short period of time. SCP Foundation personnel should be on site to recover SCP-342 after the conclusion of any field experiments.

Anyone who uses SCP-342 to board a vehicle is unable to exit said vehicle by any means. Once the vehicle ends its route and ceases movement, the user will disappear from this reality. Users report a mounting feeling of dread prior to boarding the vehicle, which increases during the course of the journey, and culminates in panic-inducing terror shortly before disappearance. Specific phenomena often resemble acute paranoid schizophrenia, and include:

• A perception of increased darkness of the sky outside the vehicle (fog, premature night, or, most frequently, dreary depressing weather).
    Auditory hallucinations: most frequently, misperception of normal announcements by drivers and passengers: i.e. an announcement of the next stop is heard as a declaration that the user will never stop.
    Normal objects, such as other passengers and non-threatening items, suddenly taking a threatening tone or appearance.
    An almost pathological fear of the drivers/conductors/other transit staff.
    Strange occurrences completely preventing the rider from getting off of the vehicle.
    The absolute knowledge that it is impossible to get off.
    Inability to perceive other passengers exiting and entering the vehicle: users report that other passengers appear to simply appear and vanish from their seats, and, in some cases, cannot perceive that a passenger has exited the vehicle, continuing to see them in their seats.
    Inability to hear or perceive attempts to calm or reason with them.
    Although the most acute experiences are limited to the user only, bystanders (including agents assigned to observe the subject) do report feelings of uneasiness, and will be compelled to exit the vehicle early, seeking other means of transportation.

Addendum 342 A: Object was discovered in Chicago, during 1936 by [DATA EXPUNGED]. Case was reopened several years later, as it was hoped that advances in technology would allow for a deeper understanding of [DATA EXPUNGED].

Addendum 342 C: Agent [NAME REDACTED]'s Report: Our first experiment with the ticket had a Class D personnel member enter onto a bus using the object. We stationed agents at each of the stops to observe his behavior without actually entering onto the vehicle (a precaution in case everyone who got on was in some way affected; the old reports were vague in this area). Many times he simply sat in place, or paced up and down the aisles. Increasingly he began to stare outside in horror, and the last few times we could not locate him. At the final point before the bus was to be parked for the night, we saw him pounding on the window with a pleading expression, screaming towards the agents for help as it pulled away, a strange mist filling much of the background behind him.

As we could not draw many conclusions from this event, we decided to track down some of the passengers and interrogate them, to hopefully shed some light on what happened. Many were hesitant to talk or claimed that they did not notice anything, saying they were preoccupied by something or distracted by illness, aches, or feelings of foreboding. We finally found some useful information from three boys (one 15-year-old (Caucasian) and two 16-year-olds (Hispanic)) who were riding the bus near the front for part of the trip. We were told that our test subject had tried to leave several times, but his pulling on the stop bell was always ignored, and the doors seemed to close right before he could get out. He would run and just not make it, or walk from a distance and get manipulated into the back of the line. Finally he sat right at the head of the bus so he could be close enough to get out in time, but every chance he got, there were too many people swarming on or off for him to leave.

Something about this event seemed to bother the boys. One of them was particularly irritated, but could not explain the source. Under hypnosis, he described what to him was a moment of pure dread, that he had seen a few people in the crowd of passengers actually push the man back on, subtly hold him back, or trip him, all while staring ahead innocently, like they didn't even notice that they were doing it. Finally, after shouting at the driver that he wanted to get off for a good ten minutes (which the driver ignored, aside from requesting that the subject sit still and be quiet), the man went back to his seat, apparently giving up in despair. Two of the boys said that the man actually shrieked and stumbled back to his seat in fright when the driver turned around at him. The other didn't realize that the two were in conflict, which is contrary to his usual habit of avidly looking for and watching fights on the particularly rough inner-city buses.

After going back to his seat, the boys said they promptly forgot about the subject, most likely because he was not struggling anymore. The next time they saw him he was three seats back, then five, then seven, but at no point could they recall seeing him stand up from his seat to move further back. This was all they could tell us, and it seemed to cost them plenty to even reveal this.

On a side note: at the end of our session, the youngest teen screamed, "It was like it swallowed him in the end!" and promptly had to be hospitalized for extreme psychosis.

The SCP Foundation is rather complicated to explain. The slogan 'Secure , Protect, Contain' gives an insight into what the Foundation's purpose is. It's crowd-submitted fiction so anyone can sign up and submit an idea if they got a good enough one.

The generally idea is to write something that defies logic;

Like One Punch Man. (Not literally but something along the lines of it)
Or the Death Note.
Or a knife constructed of nanobot technology that tears down whatever it touches on an atomic level.
Or something that can change realities.
Or Bigfoot.
Or a guy that is forever wandering in a random direction and any attempt to move/direct/converse/stop him lead the individuals doing so to become lost.
Or guy that can't die. (Even though he want's to.)
Or a ring that forces the user to say the truth.
Or a ring that forces anyone listening to believe the speaker is saying the truth.
Or a statue that just can't move.
Or a literally never ending staircase.
Or a baby that will never, under any circumstances stop crying.
Or a How-To book that can teach you anything you can imagine and literally, even more.

Obviously kek, not every entry is interesting but there are a couple good ones on there.

RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
Re: The SCP Foundation
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 09:09:22 »
ooh damn, this was well, quite engaging, I'd checkout more stuff.
thanks for sharing maan

Offline HiChikara

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HiChikara has no influence.
  • I'm going to be one of the top!! Believe it! :3
    • View Profile
  • Organization: HEIZUGAKURE
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 14:34:23 »
Interesting read.
Found a video of the same.

Offline Hiruko

• Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Hiruko has no influence.
  • Follow the wind!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaze
  • Organization: Katakiuchi
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 15:11:06 »
nice idea lol

Offline SirTroll

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 15:21:53 »
Or guy that can't die. (Even though he want's to.)
I understood that reference

Offline sirpaul

• Jonin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • sirpaul has no influence.
  • Previosly known as Fampo
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsunagami
  • Organization: Roguhanta and Blackbox
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 13:54:08 »
why are you posting this here? I have been part of the SCP community for a long time, played their fan games and even did roleplay. its very interesting and I can only recommend to look it up, especially the game "scp containment breach", thats where i first found it. there are people who letsplayed the game (for example markiplier, who is a very famous youtuber) but still, why did you post it on a naruto fan game forum?
  • Character Name: Sirpaul

Offline Manuster

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 06:44:08 »
why are you posting this here? I have been part of the SCP community for a long time, played their fan games and even did roleplay. its very interesting and I can only recommend to look it up, especially the game "scp containment breach", thats where i first found it. there are people who letsplayed the game (for example markiplier, who is a very famous youtuber) but still, why did you post it on a naruto fan game forum?

lmao for the same reason i post anything;

for da postcount cause its interesting.

nah but for real tho, you kinda answered your own question mate.

its very interesting and I can only recommend to look it up, especially the game "scp containment breach"

how else could i recommend it to the forum without posting

i mean i guess i could pm every single person...
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline taigakun

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 08:09:23 »

You postwhore of course you wouldn't choose that option smh..

But on a serious note tho holy shit i like this. The whole idea encourages one to think outside the box. Gonna check out more

Offline sirpaul

• Jonin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • sirpaul has no influence.
  • Previosly known as Fampo
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsunagami
  • Organization: Roguhanta and Blackbox
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 15:54:22 »

lmao for the same reason i post anything;

for da postcount cause its interesting.

nah but for real tho, you kinda answered your own question mate.

its very interesting and I can only recommend to look it up, especially the game "scp containment breach"

hmmmm what other method could there possibly be.... maybe discord or shoutbox? naaaah, that wouldnt raise my postcount, would it.... well i guess the only option is a thread. manu be like
  • Character Name: Sirpaul