Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64363
Latest: Keithecowl
New This Month: 232
New This Week: 68
New Today: 17
Stats
Total Posts: 75645
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1265
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1135
Total: 1151

Author Topic: My feedback so far  (Read 4387 times)

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
My feedback so far
« on: November 30, 2015, 17:43:37 »
This is a short list of things i observed and also my feedback.

Id like to start with a event that happened recently:

I met with another person ingame today.
We both used fire breath and lined up,close to each other.
And after a countdown,we both used the fire breath jutsu.
The thing is....he died after  2 seconds,but i still had over 70% of my hp.
The fire breath jutsu seems to miss very often in general,even if your enemy is standing in the fire.

Chidori also misses the target sometimes,but its more reliable than the fire breath jutsu.
One thing you have to keep in mind,is that the range of the chidori is very short.
Though,sometimes,i was hitting my sparring partner while he stood still,and i still didnt do any damage.

My sparring partner told me that he sometimes,gets the damage of 1 hit,twice.
As far as i know,there are no crits in the game,so this might need some attention.

The fire breath jutsu can cause a bug,where you get a infinite ammount of chakra sometimes.
It happened to me and my sparring partner today(i know it was reported allready,but i wanted to include it on my list to make it complete and show that other people have the same problem).

I had a bug,where my chakra didnt recharge for around 30 seconds,without having a jutsu prepared.
Then,it suddenly recharged again,without the need of a relog.

Id suggest to lower the ammount of required chakra for dodging a little bit because it drains a lot of chakra to be really effective at the moment.

The respawn time should be lowered to 30-20 seconds because its a pre alpha and a lot of testing is beeing done.

On top of the bugs about the hit detection of jutsus in general,it might be a nice idea to add bigger hitboxes or give the jutsus a longer range/better hit detection.
If you and your enemy are moving very fast,while jumping and dodging,it can be very difficult to land a hit.
If you also add lag to that...well,you know.

That is all for now.

• Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: My feedback so far
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 17:50:24 »
About the chidori doing more damage from time to time; It depends on the speed when you hit, the higher the speed the more damage it will do.

About the chakra draining, it's a bug/glitch which makes the system think that you're still using a jutsu when in reality you aren't.

Dodging chakra cost seems fine imho, you don't really need to dodge as you can just juke it yourself and be more accurate.

Respawn timers could be lowered, but I don't really care that much about it. 60 seconds isn't that long.

As for the hitboxes, they aren't that bad. Fire breath is just not ideal to use in a battle mainly because you won't hit people when you are running.
Chidori actually needs to make contact to hit and thus is fine imo.

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 18:00:05 »
The animation of chidori makes you think though,that you dont need to be so close.
And it still doesnt explain why some attacks with chidori do no damage on a enemy that is standing still,and stands in front of you.

I also was reading that fire breath should be some kind of defence against chidori(i think it was described like that in the update log,not sure though).

Correct,you dont really need to dodge,and thats why it needs a change to be actually useful.
Its a nice,but at the moment,useless combat mechanic.

One thing i forgot to include in my list:
Sometimes,there is no message visible if you hit someone(the message in the chat that tells you that you hit someone).
My sparring partner received multiple chidori hits from me,but i was not receiving the correct ammount of messages.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 23:05:43 »
Try jumping in your car and going at 50kmh and holding a lighter out the window. The flames wont go forward with you, they'll fly back.

Your idea about fire cancelling chidori could work with other jutsu, eg Rover shoots fireball, Lubez uses water dragon jutsu and puts it out.

I've used dodge plenty, if you quickly see someone behind you and you can't change course due to them being so close dodge comes in handy. Hate to say this but once you get into "top tier" chidori fights, you end up using dodge once or twice a match, effectively.

also json is reading this thread prepare to be amazed. what a legend
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 01:40:09 »
Try jumping in your car and going at 50kmh and holding a lighter out the window. The flames wont go forward with you, they'll fly back.

Your idea about fire cancelling chidori could work with other jutsu, eg Rover shoots fireball, Lubez uses water dragon jutsu and puts it out.

While it is true,comparing the lighter with this is a bit odd...if you get hit by a large ammount of fire,no matter in what direction it moves before it makes contact with you,it will be painful,as long as it DOES make contact,and that was the case when i tested it.
My point isnt that the flames dont reach the target,my point is that they DO reach the target often,but cause no damage.
If i had to guess,id say that the area that is covered by the fire breath,is much smaller than the animation makes it look.
If this is not the case,it sounds like a bug to me
Was also testing it while standing close to the enemy,and while we both didnt move,and both aimed at each other(with full hp each),he died while i just lost around 20-30% of my hp.

By the way...the idea about fire cancelling is no from me,vreg wrote about it in the changelog:
,,While Fire Breath is not very mobile, its high damage rate makes it an excellent defensive strategy (e.g. when someone comes running at you with a Chidori, you can properly defend yourself with Fire Breath)''
The only problem with this is,that someone who is using chidori,very rarely runs at you in a straight line.
While using chidori,you are very mobile,you can change directions fast and land the attack for a good ammount of damage just a moment later.
The fire breath jutsu on the other hand,is not mobile at all.
It could cause a lot of damage to a slow/stunned/afk/distracted target,but against chidori,it doesnt seem very effective to me because you would have to change the direction quickly,to match the movements of the chidori user with your own fire breath jutsu.
While the chidori user can do that without a problem,the fire breath user will cause way less damage while using the jutsu and changing the direction fast at the same time.
As i said,the fire breath jutsu can be useful to support someone or against slow opponents,but against chidori,its at a dissadvantage unless the chidori user runs at you in a straight line.
But ofcourse,i am not as experienced here as others are.
So if you found a way around that,id like to hear it,i might learn something from it.

I've used dodge plenty, if you quickly see someone behind you and you can't change course due to them being so close dodge comes in handy. Hate to say this but once you get into "top tier" chidori fights, you end up using dodge once or twice a match, effectively.

I take your word for that.
So far,i didnt see anyone use the dodge mechanic in a fight(at least not in any really useful way),but if you say it really is so useful,i will try it out.
I use it very rarely because a simple sprint does the trick too,most of the times(since most people have a very hard time to land a hit with chidori on a fast moving target,i noticed).

also json is reading this thread prepare to be amazed. what a legend

In that case i am honored to welcome a legend in my thread.
Even if i dont know that legend yet.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 00:43:49 »
The animation of chidori makes you think though,that you dont need to be so close.
And it still doesnt explain why some attacks with chidori do no damage on a enemy that is standing still,and stands in front of you.

I also was reading that fire breath should be some kind of defence against chidori(i think it was described like that in the update log,not sure though).

Correct,you dont really need to dodge,and thats why it needs a change to be actually useful.
Its a nice,but at the moment,useless combat mechanic.

One thing i forgot to include in my list:
Sometimes,there is no message visible if you hit someone(the message in the chat that tells you that you hit someone).
My sparring partner received multiple chidori hits from me,but i was not receiving the correct ammount of messages.
@Nova pretty much summed it up. #votenova4mod

However @Tameshi Hinode, there is a special bug with the Chidori that happens sometimes when people that are standing in front of each other are trying to hit each other. This bug is being held in place by a duct tape fix (quick and easy fix), and because of that it manages to pass through from time to time. As your arm extends and hits the person, the person collides with the arm and ends up 'jumping' above it as a reflex, so your Chidori ends up not hitting them (topkek). A more solid and permanent fix that will completely eliminate the problem has been worked on and will get released in a near future update.
  • Character Name: Vuregu