Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65111
Latest: LeonorX066
New This Month: 632
New This Week: 137
New Today: 137
Stats
Total Posts: 79404
Total Topics: 23807
Most Online Today: 1133
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1111
Total: 1123

Author Topic: Kickstarter, In-game and other suggestions  (Read 23140 times)

Offline Thorpe

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Thorpe has no influence.
  • Enforcer of peace through pain
    • View Profile
Kickstarter, In-game and other suggestions
« on: February 04, 2014, 14:58:11 »
Ok hi my name is Thorpe and I think Shinobi Life Online is a fantastic idea although premature. I think by now I must have gone through all the topics on this forum so I know exactly what people are saying.

I am currently playing Ultimate Naruto on joyfun.com, there is another Ultimate Naruto on games.la. Vreg you should check them out if you haven't. Why would I mention this here? Firstly all you need to do is take a look into one of the servers and see how much people spend daily on the purchase of gold I myself have spent over $200. Secondly I have to say the idea of Shinobi Life Online I have gotten after reading the forum is that it will be more epic than Ultimate Naruto, to do this you will have to get the rights to naruto name e.g uchiha senju etc which can also be included in your kickstarter price ps: I saw a mention from you about how expensive it will be.

On the note of kickstarter, great idea but without proper marketing unfortunately it will fail, also a great idea that you want to finish the beta before thinking about kickstarter but you should be creating awareness from now, spread the word so to say because if this game is as good as I imagine it to be I shall be quitting my day job to be Shinobi Life Online's very own madara and reeking havoc ;) and I'm sure alot more people will do the same.

I also wanted to ask, would an individual and his team be able to start a war? (if defeated yes your character and all the money you spent on him will be gone). (LOL to do this I shall be needing the reanimation jutsu so keep than in mind ;) )
will I be able to summon tailed beasts?
If I do choose uchiha can I somehow get hashirama cells to unlock rinnegan?
how will In-game purchase be like?
Instead of making multiple  servers can't you make a super server? (excuse me I'm not familiar with the concept)
shouldn't paying players have priority on amount of jutsu they can learn?
wouldn't a downloadable content or PC CD be more supported by bigger companies willing to assist (i take my example from wow, pls correct me if im wrong that CD or downloadable games are better although more expensive to make)?

Thanks for your consideration

Thorpe

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

Re: Kickstarter, In-game and other suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 16:29:07 »
There'll be no Uchihas nor Senju from what I know, different universe
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 16:30:41 »
  • First of all, if you truly read the entire forum you would know that Shinobi Life Online is not Naruto. There will be no references to Naruto at all, nor will any of Naruto's characters be in Shinobi Life Online. Shinobi Life Online will share the same principles of Naruto, but these principles are in now way copyrighted to Naruto. The very essence of Naruto is all based around ancient Chinese/Asian principles. The Shinobi Life Online Universe also shares those principles.

• Hashirama, Tailed Beasts and the Uchiha do not exist in the Shinobi Life Online Universe. Shinobi Life Online has its own story which will be published some time later. So no, you won't be able to summon Tailed Beasts, be Madara nor unlock the Rinnegan. Although a similar power to the Rinnegan will exist in the Shinobi Life Online Universe, it will not be for normal players. Think about how common the actual Rinnegan is in the Naruto Universe, a similar power in the Shinobi Life Online Universe will be just as common. Shinobi Life Online is not supposed to be fun, it's supposed to be a realistic simulation of a universe similar to that of Naruto's. But for me, that's the very thing makes it fun. If you want to be a God then buy the latest Naruto game and play that, because in Shinobi Life Online you won't be one.

• The only players that will be recognized and respected like Madara or Hashirama will be the ones that are truly gifted and have real skill in the game. I'm talking about players that have build a reputation over the years because of their actions and their skill. Whether they're respected as heroes or known as villains. Most players will therefore be regular shinobi.

• Everyone will start as a fresh shinobi of genin rank who was not born in a clan. Clan specific Kekkei Genkai only comes from birth, and since the players can't be born into clans, players can't have a clan specific Kekkei Genaki either. So joining a clan at a later time in the character's life obviously does not grant him/her a bloodline limit. In the Shinobi Life Online Universe however, some shinobi are naturally gifted. That is, they are born with a special power. This will all be controlled by a special algorithm behind the scenes. The ones who have such power will awaken it when the time comes, but don't get mistaken by this, these special powers are very rare.

• There's no point in using ancient DVD/CDs, they are NOT better and are indeed more expensive to make. A DVD/CD is just a medium for data, it doesn't define the quality of that data.

• Multiple super servers is what we want eventually, but since I don't have the money for such servers, the initial server system will be using special shared hosting techniques which will allow the people of Shinobi Life Online to host parts of the Shinobi Life Online world, until we get enough money for big dedicated servers.

• Players will be limited to the amount of jutsu they can learn, just as you are limited to a set of knowledge during your lifetime. You cannot get a PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Architecture, Chemistry,... because you are mortal. You will be able to master all jutsu in your primary and secondary charka nature, but the more you master, the more difficult it will get to master new jutsu.

• In-game purchases will be only for cosmetics, they will not give you any advantage compared to players who don't make in-game purchases. You will be able to buy unique weapons and armor, but these will only be different in the way they look compared to regular items in the game. There will be other special items as well, not just weapons and armor, but my point is it won't be pay 2 win.

• Yes you can start a war, but that would only be possible if you had a huge clan that followed your ideals. If you're just one guy, you'd be dead instantly.

• The word of Shinobi Life Online will be spread once the project can be called a game.

There, hope I've answered your questions.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Thorpe

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 16:42:48 »
Yes thank you, love all the points except me not being able to be a God which I most definitely will be. Another thing really is you should consider the paying players to get improved attributes, attracts more money for you. my opinion :)

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 16:46:50 »
Shinobi Life Online is not supposed to be fun, it's supposed to be a realistic simulation of a universe similar to that of Naruto's. But for me, that's the very thing makes it fun..
That's what make it fun for me too :).
I myself don't wanna be a god, I just want my char to be kinda like Orochimaru, but for that I'll need skill.
You will be able to master all jutsu in your primary and secondary charka nature, but the more you master, the more difficult it will get to master new jutsu.
That's something I always wanted to ask you but I thought I'll leave it for later. I'm glad that you decided to let us completely master both our natures not just the primary one, after all it's tha same in the Narutoverse.

Yes thank you, love all the points except me not being able to be a God which I most definitely will be. Another thing really is you should consider the paying players to get improved attributes, attracts more money for you. my opinion :)
You can be a cool shinobi without being a 'GOD'.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 16:53:14 »
Your welcome. And good luck with that ;)

Unlike in our world, money is not equal to power in a Naruto-like world. Therefore, no Pay2Win.

Offline Thorpe

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 16:59:26 »
Vreg you are quite intelligent which I love but I will prove to you both that I will dedicate 24/7 hours to this game to be a God. My definition of God is a very strong ninja ofcourse

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 17:02:19 »
Vreg you are quite intelligent which I love but I will prove to you both that I will dedicate 24/7 hours to this game to be a God. My definition of God is a very strong ninja ofcourse
That's the only way one could possibly become a "God" in Shinobi Life Online.

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 17:35:46 »
I think It's nice when somebody wants to help, but Thorpe, I think they already have the plan how they will make the game. You should suggest those things you want to see in game. This is what would make Shinobi Life Online unique.
  • Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline Thorpe

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 17:43:24 »
you are right misi, Vreg I have one more question, You know how every ninja in naruto is somehow unique what will make players characters unique?

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 17:56:55 »
I'm not Vreg, but as I know the plan is that the players will be able to create their own character. In my view if the character will be unique or not that will depend on the player who makes it. But I don't want to say anything stupid, others can correct me if I'm wrong
  • Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline Thorpe

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 17:57:59 »
brilliant answer misi

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 17:58:19 »
you are right misi, Vreg I have one more question, You know how every ninja in naruto is somehow unique what will make players characters unique?
Not every ninja in the narutoverse is uniqe, those who aren't are called fodders.
Sometimes cool characters get fodderized, example Neji. And yeah what misi said

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 18:43:36 »
Here are a couple of things that come in mind:

Chakra Natures
Village Affiliation
Clan Affiliation
The way you train your character (and therefore the resulting stats)
Your fighting style
Use of ninjutsu
Use of taijutsu
Use of genjutsu
Clothing
Customization at character creation

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 22:24:28 »
I cant help but laugh sometimes when I read Vreg's responses, lmao! As informative as they are they're so hilariously snarky.
I will say that I do love how much more you are committed to the realism of the game vs the money. I was seriously hoping that the game wouldnt be pay2win and this confirmation made me happy as shit, haha.

I was playing Ultimate Naruto on games.la for about a week and then stopped. They opened up a new server and I ended up joining and getting pretty good. allied with the 3rd most popular guild and we worked our way to number one, my personal rank reaching 20/400+.. But then people started spending money and buying ridiculous boosts and insane characters and of course my little team couldnt keep up, lmao So i left it alone, lol. Without that unfair advantage I probably would've still been top ranked. So its awesome to hear you don't plan to go that route.

I had no idea about that plan for the kekkei algorithm. I think that's an amazing idea. And the fact that you plan to wait for a certain achievement  for it to activate is even more brilliant because it keeps people from constantly making characters just to get a kekkei genkai. By the time they reach whatever level/event it would take to awaken it, they're way too invested with their current ninja to just start all over on a chance for a new ninja to get one. Smart move man.

That possibly answers my other question from a different thread, but I still would like confirmation; I was asking if you died would all of your experience be recreated in a new ninja. I'm assuming the answer is "no", simply for that reason stated above (people would just keep killing and recreating themselves to try to get a kekkei genkai while maintaining their level) and also because that's not how real life works. if you die, you just fuckin die, lol. Just wanted confirmation if I'm correct[edit] I'm pretty sure the answer is "no"

Another question i had was about this quote:
You will be able to master all jutsu in your primary and secondary charka nature, but the more you master, the more difficult it will get to master new jutsu.
  • So first of all, I'm assuming that there will be an algorithm for chakra natures too (since real shinobi dont get to pick their nature, they just force chakra into a piece of paper and see what they got), or will you let people pick their first/second?
  • Secondly, is that something we get from start or is that awakened at a certain level as well?
  • What did you mean by it will become more difficult to master jutsus? Did you mean outside of the 2 chakra natures or even including those? If anything that fact that you've constantly learned to hone your chakra in different ways that could form a jutsu should make it easier for you to learn new possible jutsus of that same nature, no?
  • Will you be able to increase the damage a specific jutsu you've learned does?

Last question I had was that now that we did just get confirmation that kekkei genkai will be in the game, though extremely rare (as they should be), since the Naruto ones aren't going to be included in the game have you thought about what types of special abilities there will be, or is this something the community can help create?

DISCLAIMER: If it is something that the community is allowed to do, guys, dont get too attached, lol. There's a very strong change that even if your kekkei genkai gets chosen, you probably wont even get to be one, haha!

[EDIT]
And kinda off topic, but not really; clans. I know this is waaaay wayyyyy wwwwway down the line, if ever, but a clans with special abilities is something that should be real. In a real shinobi world, if you have a kekkei genkai and you mate, theres a chance that your offspring will possess you abilities. And if they mate, it passes on and so on until you've created an entire clan exclusively with that ability. This could make you the father or mother that birthed a community. I'm thinking that a way to incorporate this into Shinobi Life Online is to allow procreation. Im not personally trying to see two sims having sex.. what I mean is, if you have a kekkei genkai, maybe you possibly get a token or item ever so often which you can use on the opposite sex and it creates a "code" that could be used at character creation for a new character. With this code it gives them, possibly a 35% chance to develop the kekkei genkai from the original person. They continue their character just like everyone else and if it awakens, then great, you now have the _______ abilities and are recognized as a clan member. What do you think?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 22:46:05 by halika »

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
FrankJScott
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun