Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65103
Latest: MalloryHed
New This Month: 624
New This Week: 136
New Today: 136
Stats
Total Posts: 79402
Total Topics: 23807
Most Online Today: 1018
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 910
Total: 924

Author Topic: Village Occupations  (Read 11629 times)

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
Village Occupations
« on: September 24, 2013, 23:24:23 »
Hey, I dunno if you guys already have a system worked out yet, but I figured I'd pitch an idea; I was really hoping to see some type of system that allows you to take on village related occupations.

For example, after completing a set of guidelines, you're able to sign up to be one of the following. You activate a mode or a flag on yourself and this allows you to be paired up in a partying system to match you with others that may need you.

Academy Teacher
- You teach aspiring genin (or genin) new jutsus or help them better their existing ones. Once your "mode" is activated, you can be paired with them and let the lesson begin. In turn, you receive village tokens that can... be used for purchasing special gear or somethin' idk. You also gain status among the other teachers.. Requirements would probably be high for this but its worth it.

Jonin Leader - You flag yourself and become queued for missions that specifically require a Jonin and 3 genin cell. You'll already be gaining exp (if were doing levels) from the mission, so you also gain a yen bonus for each mission you lead, as well as rank among other Jonin

Medical Ninja  - Everybody is bound to die at one point or another and Im sure they'll just resurrect at some save point or hospital.. You could have it where when the recently killed player respawns, they have an option to head back out with temporarily reduced stats (sickness). As a Medical ninja You can post yourself up at the village hospital and in your mode for every cluster (lets say 10 for beginner) people you help nurse back to health, they get a reduction in sickness time, and the medical ninja gets bonus points towards increasing their medical skills and rank among other med ninjas

ETC...!

These are just a few obvious ones from the show, but I feel like this would give the game a different dynamic and not make it all about missions (well except the jonin one). It encourages picking up jobs inside of your village and building a rapport with other players. Whaddya think?

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Village Occupations
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 00:59:03 »
Those are nice ideas. I haven't explicitly thought about what kind of missions and tasks there are going to be for village members, but it's going to be something similar to what you're suggesting.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 01:11:32 »
Nice. If ya need more ideas, I'm on it like stank on poop.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 02:26:07 »
Nice. If ya need more ideas, I'm on it like stank on poop.
Noted :)
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline yashin

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • yashin has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 01:53:51 »
starting an occupation sounds like one of the best ideas for Shinobi Life Online just because i want to host a chunin exam
  • Character Name: Yashin

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 22:50:51 »
the medical nin idea really made me think bout putting in some medical jutsu and stuff, take that jutsu tree example u gave where u climb up higher and stuff. maybe some of the branches have medical ninjutsu, but instead of choosing a class like medical, taijutsu, ninjutsu or genjutsu; u can use em all. only thing is: they r on other branches or maybe even other trees(still ur tree example)???
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
FrankJScott
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun