Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64083
Latest: Vikitjv
New This Month: 4176
New This Week: 142
New Today: 22
Stats
Total Posts: 73946
Total Topics: 20794
Most Online Today: 1675
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1185
Total: 1194
JustinzeRok
Google (8)

Author Topic: Let there be growth!  (Read 26084 times)

Offline taigakun

Re: Let there be growth!
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2017, 20:30:08 »

Nononono.

I mean yesyesyes to most of it but chakra does not decrease as you get older/old. It should almost definitely increase. Most of your physical abilities should be lower than that of an adults, except ones dependent on strength, like jumping speed, acceleration, actual taijutsu impact(This would also create a polar opposite with childhood where most physical abilities will be increased (except for those dependent on strength))).

As you get older you get more experienced, you know how to use chakra more, or rather, mould chakra.

This is linking to one of NinjaMirage's maaaaaany topics but chakra is made by both physical and mental energy. Granted, you'd physically decline as you get older, but you almost definitely mentally grow.
For the sake of balance, plox let older peeps have more charkas
Lol even if they were to take this route of aging(which they will not) having more chakra cause you are older doesn't really make sense lol. In fact, i feel like it should be the other way around. unless your character turns into fucking Hagoromo or sarutobi or some shit, when you get older, your physical abilities decline, meaning your chakra diminishes. Chakra, which is made up of both physical and mental aspects rely strongly on the part physical(yang) than mental. Don't get me wrong, it is very very important to be mentally strong, but you do not have the physical strength to carry out a specific tasks, no matter how strong you are mentally, it just wouldn't live up to expectations.

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2017, 21:33:21 »

Nononono.

I mean yesyesyes to most of it but chakra does not decrease as you get older/old. It should almost definitely increase. Most of your physical abilities should be lower than that of an adults, except ones dependent on strength, like jumping speed, acceleration, actual taijutsu impact(This would also create a polar opposite with childhood where most physical abilities will be increased (except for those dependent on strength))).

As you get older you get more experienced, you know how to use chakra more, or rather, mould chakra.

This is linking to one of NinjaMirage's maaaaaany topics but chakra is made by both physical and mental energy. Granted, you'd physically decline as you get older, but you almost definitely mentally grow.
For the sake of balance, plox let older peeps have more charkas
Lol even if they were to take this route of aging(which they will not) having more chakra cause you are older doesn't really make sense lol. In fact, i feel like it should be the other way around. unless your character turns into fucking Hagoromo or sarutobi or some shit, when you get older, your physical abilities decline, meaning your chakra diminishes. Chakra, which is made up of both physical and mental aspects rely strongly on the part physical(yang) than mental. Don't get me wrong, it is very very important to be mentally strong, but you do not have the physical strength to carry out a specific tasks, no matter how strong you are mentally, it just wouldn't live up to expectations.

But remember as much as chakra is physical it is also spiritual and besides in every epic movie/show/rpg we keep seeing that although Veterans suffer from plenty of physical debuffs their mana/magic is often through the roof heck....Master Yoda, Darth Sedious plus chakra if we had to bring it back to the Naruto universe we hardly ever saw shinobi with large chakra reserves because they all died young/mid age, and if we had to account for the old people with high chakra pools the list is quite long:
Orochimaru
Jiraya
Tsunade
Onoki
Sarutobi
Danzo
Hiruzen
Mifune
Madara old man mode
Chiyo
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2017, 11:43:32 »
You guys don't get it!!!
Yes there physical energys are less then a healthy adults when you reach old age.

But there abuility to use that energy effectively is through the roof. However they can't replenish there physical energy as many times as they used to(I.e stamina) and there for can't sustain combat for long periods of time.

So in essence there chakra in regards to its power and effectiveness dose not decrease!!!
But there Stamina dose. And sence chakra relays on stamina for the energy to make chakra. It can be said that the total amount of chakra is decreased but only alittle because there skill in using that energy to make chakra counter  balances any energy lose do to old age.

And I dare say that some are so skilled at chakra control like tsunade that they actually have more chakra in old age then they did when they were younger.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 11:46:42 by NinjaMirage »

Offline DerPanda

• Academy Student Poster
  • DerPanda has no influence.
  • Memes, memes never change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2017, 16:19:52 »
I like the idea, as long as the changes to the character isn't just cosmetic like some sort of passive buff.
  • Character Name: Denzou Panda

Offline CADAEMOS

• Academy Student Poster
  • CADAEMOS has no influence.
  • ''I never give up, thats my way of the ninja..."
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList - CADAEMOS
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: =-Juu Buso Ninja-=
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2017, 21:16:31 »
You guys don't get it!!!
Yes there physical energys are less then a healthy adults when you reach old age.

But there abuility to use that energy effectively is through the roof. However they can't replenish there physical energy as many times as they used to(I.e stamina) and there for can't sustain combat for long periods of time.

So in essence there chakra in regards to its power and effectiveness dose not decrease!!!
But there Stamina dose. And sence chakra relays on stamina for the energy to make chakra. It can be said that the total amount of chakra is decreased but only alittle because there skill in using that energy to make chakra counter  balances any energy lose do to old age.

And I dare say that some are so skilled at chakra control like tsunade that they actually have more chakra in old age then they did when they were younger.
I see what ur tryin to say, but this is only in cases like jiraiya, orochimaru tsunade etc. In normal cases the oldies would have less total chakra because they lack the stamina to get it. Tsunade is(looks) young 4ever :)
''I never give up and I never go back on my word, that's my way of the ninja...''

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2017, 00:45:38 »
No it's true for any Shinobi that keeps TRAINING in to old age. There are several old characters in naruto that displayed skill in physical abilities despite there old age.

The eternal gennin side character is a perfect example. He went to the academy with the third hokaga. Obviously not as skilled in chakra control as the third but still phisicaly capable.

Only non-Shinobi are effected by age the way you suggest.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2017, 09:48:11 »
You guys don't get it!!!

I see what ur tryin to say, but this is only in cases like jiraiya, orochimaru tsunade etc. In normal cases the oldies would have less total chakra because they lack the stamina to get it. Tsunade is(looks) young 4ever :)

Normal case???? There are no 'normal' cases! That was Yamasukage's entire point, everyone who actually reached old age had large chakra pools, there just wasnt alot of people making it that far. And granted they are Sennin, but what cmsurfer (ninjamirage) said is that after 40 years of moulding chakra;

You get more efficient at it.

And you need less stamina to therefore mould the same amount of chakra you used to.

Since practice makes perfect.

Whether or not you're a Sennin.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2017, 11:58:26 »
On the cosmetic side of this idea!!!
Sence we have beetin the chakra horse to death!! Lol.

So when you  create your chakriter to begin with I think you should have full options for what your character should look like.
Hair color, eye color, hairstyle, clothing, ect.

But the physical characteristics of hair skin eyes
As far as color goes should be locked in in the adult edit mode. So changing the shading making hair eyes skin lighter or darker is fine but with in the set color of blond, gray, or whatever.

Offline CADAEMOS

• Academy Student Poster
  • CADAEMOS has no influence.
  • ''I never give up, thats my way of the ninja..."
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList - CADAEMOS
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: =-Juu Buso Ninja-=
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2017, 16:40:45 »
No it's true for any Shinobi that keeps TRAINING in to old age. There are several old characters in naruto that displayed skill in physical abilities despite there old age.

The eternal gennin side character is a perfect example. He went to the academy with the third hokaga. Obviously not as skilled in chakra control as the third but still phisicaly capable.

The eternal genin was good enough to be an elite jounin. There arent really any axamples of old people that were average, staying just as good because they gt better chakra control, but lose stamina. If all ninja that become old keep training, then I think your opinion is right.
''I never give up and I never go back on my word, that's my way of the ninja...''

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2017, 17:39:31 »

The eternal genin was good enough to be an elite jounin. There arent really any axamples of old people that were average, staying just as good because they gt better chakra control, but lose stamina. If all ninja that become old keep training, then I think your opinion is right.

Shinobi- ninja are living weapons!!! And like a bladed weapon it gets dull if it is not maintained!!
Shinobi always train!!! They never stop as long as there active to keep themselves sharp!!
Mediocre Shinobi never make it to old age!!
That's why there are no examples of them.

Offline Ratiustar

• Academy Student Poster
  • Ratiustar has no influence.
  • Thunder roars the loudest...
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Ennia
  • Organization: Heathen
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2017, 06:01:52 »
Quote from: NinjaMirage

Well, Sakura seems to be heading towards a good age and she's terrible xD

ps- im joking, she wasnt really that bad. saved naruto's ass a few times. Dont get me wrong, shes not amazing, but not shit

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2017, 09:12:00 »

ps- im joking, she wasnt really that bad. saved naruto's ass a few times. Dont get me wrong, shes not amazing, but not shit
I completely understand and agree with what you said. She's not shit but she ain't great either.
Spoiler: show
Kishimoto made a lot of the female characters weak tbh
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Manuster

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2017, 09:43:26 »

realistic*
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2017, 11:22:12 »

realistic*
feminazis incoming in 3...2..1...
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2017, 20:23:49 »

Just more proof that anyone can train the mediocrity out of themselves !