Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64055
Latest: Michailrct
New This Month: 4148
New This Week: 114
New Today: 25
Stats
Total Posts: 73862
Total Topics: 20743
Most Online Today: 925
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 842
Total: 853

Author Topic: Privileges after becoming rouge?  (Read 4968 times)

Offline TemiHyung

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • TemiHyung has no influence.
  • Bow Down To The Hidden Thunder
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hidden Thunder
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Privileges after becoming rouge?
« on: July 17, 2017, 23:13:57 »
In the final game when someone has claimed the title of a rouge ninja and leaves the village, will they lose some advantages like

-buying things from npcs that belong to a village?
-Not being able to participate in special tournaments?
-Or not being able to learn jutsu of higher ranks than when they left?
-etc

Will being rouge affect anything big for a player? Or will they just not be able to enter a village undetected?

I guess my question is what's gonna happen after you become rouge? (gameplay wise)

• Character Name: TemiHyung

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: Privileges after becoming rouge?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 00:17:20 »
Well, I imagine training will become a bit more difficult -- if Sensei are going to give bonuses to the amount of experience earned when training attributes up, then there's that to consider. Purchasing items shouldn't be too bad, considering that there are going to be small, 'neutral' villages (if I remembered that correctly), but the main problem would most likely come from not having a permanent safe-zone. Sure, you can hide in a village, but that might only work for so long...that in itself makes me wonder whether or not there should be a time-mechanic for how long Rogues can stay within a village before getting a nice fat target painted on them, or otherwise how they will be able to be spotted.

I *believe* there are going to be a select few outposts that Rogue organizations will be able to take and hold for themselves -- perhaps even other villages might try to obtain these as safe-zones within the wilderness? Overall, becoming a Rogue will mostly allow you to kill/loot anyone at any time, although you'll face near-enough the exact same in consequence.

Perhaps Rogues should be allowed to temporarily occupy a weak enough village and --after a set amount of time holding it from it's original owners/other foreigners-- eventually become apart of it, with the leader of the organization becoming that village's new kage? Though that isn't to say there couldn't be the possibility of a coup to take back the seat of power for the previous owners -- maybe they'd find integration with the new-comers repulsive(much like the Mongols in...basically everywhere they invaded)?

Anyone else have more info on this?

Edit: Note, you won't have the luxury of a 'fixed'-income as a Rogue -- job offers will likely be far more sparse than when apart of a village, meaning you'll probably end up having to loot/kill more often in order to find items/coin to trade. Additionally, the likely-hood of death will probably be substantially higher in what contracts you do obtain, though these may be found more preferable to be served to Organizations, rather than singular Rogues.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 00:20:42 by Dragon6624 »
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 05:39:42 »
There will be a lot of factors that would affect your life as rogue shinobi.

Time. If you just start out as a rogue in the game, your development as compared to a village ninja in the same stage as you would be slower, given that neither of you put any extra efforts and spend equal amount of time in game.
You wouldn't be offered much missions and survival rates would be low.

If you defect after reaching chunin or jonin levels, you might be able to survive in a better condition and might get org and mission invites more frequently since you are having much more skill and experience as compared to a newb rogue.

If you defect after reaching really OP levels ( or almost OP levels or P levels Idk kek) you will garner much fame ( or infamy) and would have a nice price on your head.
In this situation, you are not only under threat from the village nins but also fellow rogues and bounty hunters who are looking for a quickie.

Fame: one of the cases is as mentioned above, but if you are a well known rogue or have been able to garner a stable group of people who would follow you to hell, you could always start recruiting more rogues and make orgs and start organised crimes.

While if you don't make it big as a rogue, you can always join orgs.

company I'd say Lone wolf rogues will only survive if they are extremely skilled, or possess a special jutsu or kkg (and can use it skillfully, ... Neji would have had better chances of survival than hinata if they turned rogue, kek and RIP neji ;_; )

But irrespective of whether you OP or noob, joining an organization (independent/rogue) will always be a good way to insure your safety.
Not just safety, but you'd get to train and improve under guidance of superior players while simultaneously gaining job experience undertaking missions assigned to you by your org.

These are just some basic ideas i had on how rogue life would be like depending on some factors. (In addition to what Dragon said)
Spoiler: show
I may write a guidebook for rogues on how to *LIVE* in Vregland :3

Offline Naizen

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Naizen has no influence.
  • "Which do you prefer? To die or to obey"?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

Clowns
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 07:26:32 »
ik you dont kno me well or at all for that matter but im going to hold you to tht guide book  for rouges. I think tht it's a great idea and would help alot of SLO players in game.
Hopefully you do come around and do it and if so good luck bud. ;)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:34:03 by Nico »
  • Character Name: Niko Himitsu

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • Blazefp has no influence.
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 16:24:31 »
I don't know exactly what Vreg has in store for rogue players but from the path the game development is taking I'd say it'd look much like losing citizenship from a country irl + a couple of things specific from the game.
By no means is the next list of pros and cons confirmed or official, just my point of view considering my experience here:

Pros:
  • No taxes
  • No obligations towards any village (missions, protecting the people in case of attack, village rules, etc)
  • Freedom to go anywhere at any time, no permits required
  • Freedom to choose sketchy or even full criminal jobs
  • Joining organizations banned from the village
  • Changing villages (I guess it will be possible? although under specific circumstances only ofc)
  • Fame? I guess some people might be into that

Cons:
  • No safe zones, at least no big permanent safe zones, I'm guessing some inns will provide that with decent guarding but these will probably need to be rented so this is a big con
  • No easy training boost although I'm also guessing there'll be some sort of rogue "sensei" like orochimaru did with sasuke but it'll definitely be much harder to find those
  • Can't work officially in a village or have any of the perks of living in a village such as a home, wife/wedding, etc
  • Fame, negative this time because your name will be on a blacklist, you might have troubles with random people that recognize you
  • Bounty hunters and anbu might be actively tracking you down, the never-ending run for your life
  • If you became rogue because of criminal activity you might have troubles joining another allied village
  • No rank increase, if you're a rogue genin you'll stay genin until you're accepted in a village
  • No missions to gain sweet rating and gold
  • Some orgs might not want you because they work closely with a kage/village

That's what I came up with that made sense for me. As for the time margin for a rogue to be in another village, that doesn't make any sense, should be way harder to blend in like AC2/AC1 in notorious mode except the guards won't forget you after you dive head first into a bale of hay, they'll keep looking and maybe even ask people if they saw you until they find you. I'm also assuming guards will be NPC so they can dispatch a scout to warn the anbu and police force there's a rogue inside the village and then the real chase can begin :)
Keep in mind there'll be jutsus to help you go through the gates of a village and walk inside unrecognized.
  • Character Name: Blazefp

Offline AY0

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 17:39:37 »
Rogues can Have A House Lol .. or a Hideout
  • Character Name: AYO

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 18:59:33 »
An additional idea to consider here: If the owners of the Wilderness Hideouts are able to store jutsu within them, you *could* attempt to create a Rogue Organization focused around keeping the jutsu you loot/steal from circulating around the Villages. Obviously, there's always the possibility someone (another Organization, or even a Village) will find out where you're hiding them, sack the Hideout (or take it for themselves) and retrieve the precious scrolls. I suppose it'd depend on how hard it is to sack/infiltrate the Hideouts.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 11:15:07 »
Some police force NPCs will be available but only when there are not enough players with that carrier online.