Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65211
Latest: Flaxrobef
New This Month: 732
New This Week: 184
New Today: 75
Stats
Total Posts: 79441
Total Topics: 23808
Most Online Today: 1190
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 936
Total: 949
Bogdanrqx
Flaxrobef
Google (7)
Baidu (4)

Author Topic: Clans  (Read 11935 times)

Offline Without Regrets

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Without Regrets has no influence.
    • View Profile
Clans
« on: May 04, 2014, 15:01:58 »
Kinda surprised this hasn't been asked yet.Well i wanted to know if clans will even be implemented.Can players create their own clans or will each village have clans assigned to them by default and we'll have to chose from them.Will we be able to go clan-less.Will clans play an important role in our playing style in-game like if you join clan X then you will have automatically have fire element set as your first element or something along those lines, will you be able to obtain your clans kekkei genkai ( however you spell it).
Personally i would like the clans to be created by the developers/community and have a set number of clans for each village where people can choose to join a clan in their respective villages and if they wanted to be clan-less then they could.Also in order to obtain your clans powers or whatever you'll have to do quests related to your clan to unlock them.

• Character Name: Laiken
"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt."

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
Re: Clans
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 16:30:38 »
Actually it has been mentioned before. Clans, in Shinobi Life Online, are going to be what other MMO's would consider a guild.
You don't have to join one if you don't want to. Joining a clan wont automatically switch your element or give you a kekkei genkai, nor can they be earned/quested for.  (if we did that people would join clans just to switch their element whenever they wanted, also it would defeat the purpose of the kekkei genkai system we set up. Not everyone is supposed to have a special ability; you have to be born (created) with it. If we made joining a clan give you a kekkei genkai, everyone would have one, and that would ruin the exclusiveness.)

If you really want to be a part of a clan with a special ability as part of its "bloodline", that is still a possibility. People who are born with kekkei genkai's will be able to generate a code which can be entered for someone else at their character creation. With this code a new character will have a 35% chance to gain the kekkei genkai passed down to them. This will allow you to join them and become a clan with that bloodline ability.

(i personally believe that if you use the code, you should automatically be a part of that person's clan or at the very least have to use their last name, since you're technically one of their kids, lol, but hey, I can only dream)

Offline Without Regrets

• Genin Poster
  • Without Regrets has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 17:02:58 »
What i meant by clans is actual clans like the uchiha,senju,sarotobi (but Shinobi Life Online's own clans) and not guilds.Also obviously i wasn't expecting every one to be running around with kekkei genkais(bloodlines) that's why i suggested a quest to unlock it maybe you can only do it once and on a very hard difficulty level i think you get what am on about.

• Character Name: Laiken
"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt."

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 19:46:43 »
Actually it has been mentioned before. Clans, in Shinobi Life Online, are going to be what other MMO's would consider a guild.
You don't have to join one if you don't want to. Joining a clan wont automatically switch your element or give you a kekkei genkai, nor can they be earned/quested for.  (if we did that people would join clans just to switch their element whenever they wanted, also it would defeat the purpose of the kekkei genkai system we set up. Not everyone is supposed to have a special ability; you have to be born (created) with it. If we made joining a clan give you a kekkei genkai, everyone would have one, and that would ruin the exclusiveness.)

If you really want to be a part of a clan with a special ability as part of its "bloodline", that is still a possibility. People who are born with kekkei genkai's will be able to generate a code which can be entered for someone else at their character creation. With this code a new character will have a 35% chance to gain the kekkei genkai passed down to them. This will allow you to join them and become a clan with that bloodline ability.

(i personally believe that if you use the code, you should automatically be a part of that person's clan or at the very least have to use their last name, since you're technically one of their kids, lol, but hey, I can only dream)

i know u have to be born with it, but say u meet someone who has a kekkei genkai and u want it too. that guy gives u his code but if u are already very strong and ur character has became to powerful u dont want to delete it and ake a new one just to get a kekkei genkai ya know.
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 19:56:33 »

Recently I've had some awesome ideas for how this will all be regulated.

Guilds in other games will be pretty much the same as organizations in Shinobi Life Online. Clans however, will be purely blood related. It will be something unique to Shinobi Life Online and unseen in any other game.

Every unique family name will result in a new clan. If the family name of your character is the first of its kind, then you are the first of that clan and you can be considered its leader. From this point on, other people can choose the same family name and will automatically become member of your clan. Changing your family name will not be possible so leaving a clan will not be either.

If you discover at a much later stage in your character's life that you were born with a special power, then you will be given the opportunity to create a new clan, i.e. change your family name. This will be your new clan and you will be its leader. You will also be given (let's say) 3 DNA codes that you can pass on to people for use at character creation IF you chose to create a new clan. The point of this new clan will be for it to result in a clan where a Kekkei Genkai is circulating as a result of the first member's special power.

This code will have (let's say) a 35% chance of success. It can immediately be used and the user will be notified if the DNA code was successful or unsuccessful. If the DNA code turns out to be successful, then the character that is about to be created by the user of that DNA code will guaranteed awaken a Kekkei Genkai (respective to the DNA code used) when the time comes. This new character with a guaranteed Kekkei Genaki will also be given 3 DNA codes himself when he awakens his Kekkei Genkai with the goal of expanding his clan.

People will be free to choose their family name at character creation and therefore free to choose their clan, with the exception of choosing a clan (and therefore family name) where a Kekkei Genkai is present. Because as explained above, joining them can only happen with a successful DNA code.

Finally, suppose someone turns out to be born with a special power, gets the opportunity to create a new Kekkei Genkai clan and chooses to do so. However, all of his DNA codes fail to produce healthy offsprings, leaving that person the only member of that Kekkei Genkai clan. Then that clan will not be considered a Kekkei Genkai clan any longer and will be unlocked and open for anyone to join. Any scenario of a Kekkei Genkai clan resulting in only one member and no more DNA codes to be used will result in that clan turning into a regular clan and being unlocked and open to all.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 20:02:46 »
im srry if this sounds rude, but actually through that whole story i havent seen an answer to my post. but aside from that i like the idea very much. this game will be like nothing else in the whole wide world!!!

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 20:23:20 »
im srry if this sounds rude, but actually through that whole story i havent seen an answer to my post. but aside from that i like the idea very much. this game will be like nothing else in the whole wide world!!!
Regarding your question, no you cannot get a Kekkei Genkai in any way if your character was not born with it.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 22:00:56 »

Guilds in other games will be pretty much the same as organizations in Shinobi Life Online. Clans however, will be purely blood related. It will be something unique to Shinobi Life Online and unseen in any other game.

Every unique family name will result in a new clan. If the family name of your character is the first of its kind, then you are the first of that clan and you can be considered its leader. From this point on, other people can choose the same family name and will automatically become member of your clan. Changing your family name will not be possible so leaving a clan will not be either.

If you discover at a much later stage in your character's life that you were born with a special power, then you will be given the opportunity to create a new clan, i.e. change your family name. This will be your new clan and you will be its leader. You will also be given (let's say) 3 DNA codes that you can pass on to people for use at character creation IF you chose to create a new clan. The point of this new clan will be for it to result in a clan where a Kekkei Genkai is circulating as a result of the first member's special power.

This code will have (let's say) a 35% chance of success. It can immediately be used and the user will be notified if the DNA code was successful or unsuccessful. If the DNA code turns out to be successful, then the character that is about to be created by the user of that DNA code will guaranteed awaken a Kekkei Genkai (respective to the DNA code used) when the time comes. This new character with a guaranteed Kekkei Genaki will also be given 3 DNA codes himself when he awakens his Kekkei Genkai with the goal of expanding his clan.

People will be free to choose their family name at character creation and therefore free to choose their clan, with the exception of choosing a clan (and therefore family name) where a Kekkei Genkai is present. Because as explained above, joining them can only happen with a successful DNA code.

Finally, suppose someone turns out to be born with a special power, gets the opportunity to create a new Kekkei Genkai clan and chooses to do so. However, all of his DNA codes fail to produce healthy offsprings, leaving that person the only member of that Kekkei Genkai clan. Then that clan will not be considered a Kekkei Genkai clan any longer and will be unlocked and open for anyone to join. Any scenario of a Kekkei Genkai clan resulting in only one member and no more DNA codes to be used will result in that clan turning into a regular clan and being unlocked and open to all.
Cool idea, the only bad thing about that is that I can see the forum in the future:
I sell (insert clan's name here) kekkei genkai code. But sounds ok depending if it'll be real money or ingame money.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline YourInnerDemon

• Academy Student Poster
  • YourInnerDemon has no influence.
  • ~I'd rather trust and regret than doubt and regret
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 02:28:18 »

Oh?.. I can foresee this game a really bright future :).

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 03:26:21 »
I actually really like that spin on it, Vreg. Makes a distinction between the organizations and clans, and gives clans a real meaning. Only thing i wasnt sure about was the immediate notification if you've got the kekkei genkai for exactly what M4r1us said. It makes "account selling" a lot more appealing. People would just use the codes on themselves (new accounts) and sell successful ones. If they dont know they have the kekkei genkai until its unlocked it would deter a lot of people from that for 3 main reasons.

1. No one will want to stop playing their main character just to test out the new one and see if its got a kekkei genkai and find out it doesnt.
2. The person that buys it probably isnt going to want an already leveled-up character even if it does have a kekkei genkai. The person who sold it might have built a crappy character. I would rather build my ninja myself and not have some pre-made one.
3. Most people wont pay for just a 35% chance at a kekkei genkai. I know damn well i wouldnt pay a lot of money for a special character that isnt guaranteed.

I say keep it unknown until its unlocked. but keep everything else the same with the name and stuff.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 03:28:01 »

Cool idea, the only bad thing about that is that I can see the forum in the future:
I sell (insert clan's name here) kekkei genkai code. But sounds ok depending if it'll be real money or ingame money.
It won't be a problem because it's going to be super exclusive. The chance of getting a special power will be something around 0,02% or even lower than that. You'd be lucky to find someone in game that has a Kekkei Genkai/special power, even luckier to see someone selling a DNA code.

These DNA codes will not be in-game items, you won't be able to trade them for in-game money. This happens for obvious reasons. If we make them tradeable, then they will get a very high value in the Shinobi Life Online economy and will basically not get used. Selling them on the forum in the way you described will also be highly prohibited because of possible scammers.

I do not recommend selling these codes to random people, because the future of your Kekkei Genkai clan depends on their lives. Because if they mess up and die, and you are the only one left, then that's the end of that story. Your chance to lead a rare Kekkei Genkai clan has vaporized in thin air.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 03:48:57 »
I actually really like that spin on it, Vreg. Makes a distinction between the organizations and clans, and gives clans a real meaning. Only thing i wasnt sure about was the immediate notification if you've got the kekkei genkai for exactly what M4r1us said. It makes "account selling" a lot more appealing. People would just use the codes on themselves (new accounts) and sell successful ones. If they dont know they have the kekkei genkai until its unlocked it would deter a lot of people from that for 3 main reasons.

1. No one will want to stop playing their main character just to test out the new one and see if its got a kekkei genkai and find out it doesnt.
2. The person that buys it probably isnt going to want an already leveled-up character even if it does have a kekkei genkai. The person who sold it might have built a crappy character. I would rather build my ninja myself and not have some pre-made one.
3. Most people wont pay for just a 35% chance at a kekkei genkai. I know damn well i wouldnt pay a lot of money for a special character that isnt guaranteed.

I say keep it unknown until its unlocked. but keep everything else the same with the name and stuff.
1. Obviously you're not supposed to delete your main character, but since it's one character/account we will take the following approach. Every account will have one main character slot and one extra character slot that can only be used with a DNA code not originating from the other character's clan if another character exists.
2 and 3. I get what you're saying, revealing the state right at the beginning would result in a fresh account that a lot of people would love to buy. However I'd rather see that than have to deal with the disadvantages that come with revealing it at a later stage. One of them would be that most members of a Kekkei Genkai clan would not actually posses a Kekkei Genkai because of the 35% rate of success. I'd like to see clans where all member have the Kekkei Genkai. Furthermore, we will highly prohibit buying/selling accounts. In the event of detecting such activities, severe punishments will be awarded.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 04:08:39 by Vreg »

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 10:23:01 »
i tought it wouldnt be allowed :P. but really, 0,02% is a bit harsh dont u think. since there are around 2000 members on this forum, wouldnt it be better to have every 1 out of 100 have a kekkei genkai??? so there would still be only 20 people with a kekkei genkai, but 1980 people without one.

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 05:41:09 »
As stated before, if everything goes well with this project, come time for the games release, we hope that the player base will be massive and global, thus making the .02% fine and dandy. Ya feel me?
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Azarf

• Academy Student Poster
  • Azarf has no influence.
  • The will of water
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 03:36:28 »
just awesome ideas :D
  • Character Name: Azarf

Recent Topics