Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64458
Latest: lisinopril 20 mg 12.5 mg
New This Month: 327
New This Week: 14
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 76637
Total Topics: 22181
Most Online Today: 1181
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 809
Total: 822
Victorujo
DonaldGex
EdithSoure
Google (6)
Baidu (4)

Author Topic: Teleportation Jutsu  (Read 10788 times)

Offline Mercury

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mercury has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Bitoku
Re: Teleportation Jutsu
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 17:08:55 »
I just hope the Hand signs remain, and not made into plain Hotkeys with one button press like most MMO's
while its cool how would you remeber every handsign you need in battle
  • Character Name: Amon

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 17:40:30 »

By practicing with them extensively, just like how you'd work up muscle-memories for ability rotations in other games -- though I'll admit, more complicated. If you want to be a shinobi in this game, you've just gotta put in the time and effort to master not only your hand-sign rotations, but also a certain level of focus.

As in any PvP situation, the less you focus, the more likely you are to screw up and forget things.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline SirTroll

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 17:53:50 »

By practicing with them extensively, just like how you'd work up muscle-memories for ability rotations in other games -- though I'll admit, more complicated. If you want to be a shinobi in this game, you've just gotta put in the time and effort to master not only your hand-sign rotations, but also a certain level of focus.

As in any PvP situation, the less you focus, the more likely you are to screw up and forget things.

Or, you could use macro keys to auto-cast the jutsu - therefore never miscast

Offline waly206

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 21:28:59 »
Or, you could use macro keys to auto-cast the jutsu - therefore never miscast

But where's the fun on that
  • Character Name: Toichi Tsukegami

Offline Mrphist

• Academy Student Poster
  • Mrphist has no influence.
  • I Lurk around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 21:52:14 »

That would be super sick. It wouldn't have to be super complicated, just like 3 different keys? Almost like Combos in streetfighter? Like hadoken is Down, Left, Attack. Jutsus could be similar?

But I agree I hope there is some sort of thinking aspect in doing jutsus instead of just pushing 1 button.

Also, not sure if it has been said but Teleportation jutsu could be some form of traveling Jutsu? Kinda like if you have ever played City of Heros when you get to a certain level you could pick what kind of transportation method you wanted, either flying, super speed, teleport, etc.

Just throwin random stuff out.
  • Character Name: Mr.Phist

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 00:55:04 »
That would be super sick. It wouldn't have to be super complicated, just like 3 different keys? Almost like Combos in streetfighter? Like hadoken is Down, Left, Attack. Jutsus could be similar?

But I agree I hope there is some sort of thinking aspect in doing jutsus instead of just pushing 1 button.

Also, not sure if it has been said but Teleportation jutsu could be some form of traveling Jutsu? Kinda like if you have ever played City of Heros when you get to a certain level you could pick what kind of transportation method you wanted, either flying, super speed, teleport, etc.

Ehh...I'd suggest you read into the Questions/Suggestions Threads a bit more before you get your hopes up on a lot of those ideas. Also, you can try out the current temporary Pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-Alpha PvP back on the home page, to get an idea of what I was talking about with the hand-sign keys.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Mrphist

• Academy Student Poster
  • I Lurk around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 18:52:03 »

Ehh...I'd suggest you read into the Questions/Suggestions Threads a bit more before you get your hopes up on a lot of those ideas. Also, you can try out the current temporary Pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-Alpha PvP back on the home page, to get an idea of what I was talking about with the hand-sign keys.

My apologies. I've read the FAQ's page, but ill re-read and look for more info before I post. Sorry bout that.

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 02:38:44 »
Not sure if you've ever seen a Super Smash Bros Melee tourney, but I'd say it's a good example of SLO in terms of PvP. Now, I don't mean in every aspect, clearly, but in terms of pace and skill required I think it'll be a good comparison. The pace of the matches are so insanely fast. They require such a large amount of time and practice to be that skilled as well as a high rate of game sense and reflexes. The speed in which players perform and react to each other is above any other game (StarCraft is up there in terms of action speed, but Melee is something else entirely).

Seriously, go watch a match. There are videos that show the buttons and actions made by players. It's crazy.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Mrphist

• Academy Student Poster
  • I Lurk around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 22:37:02 »
Not sure if you've ever seen a Super Smash Bros Melee tourney, but I'd say it's a good example of SLO in terms of PvP. Now, I don't mean in every aspect, clearly, but in terms of pace and skill required I think it'll be a good comparison. The pace of the matches are so insanely fast. They require such a large amount of time and practice to be that skilled as well as a high rate of game sense and reflexes. The speed in which players perform and react to each other is above any other game (StarCraft is up there in terms of action speed, but Melee is something else entirely).

Seriously, go watch a match. There are videos that show the buttons and actions made by players. It's crazy.

Ill have to check that out. Sounds insane!

Offline waly206

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016, 02:26:43 »

I just watch a video of it and the shit is insane.
  • Character Name: Toichi Tsukegami