Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64069
Latest: Michailvdx
New This Month: 4162
New This Week: 128
New Today: 20
Stats
Total Posts: 73922
Total Topics: 20770
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 820
Total: 829
Kyliebob
Google (8)

Author Topic: Village Lore Ideas  (Read 4750 times)

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
Village Lore Ideas
« on: February 26, 2015, 17:54:21 »
As you probably know, I'm the guy writing the lore for SLO, and it's kind of hard to find inspiration for writing village histories. If you'd like, you could give me some ideas about your village (or any other).
You can just tell me how you think it will be in the village, stuff like that.

I've already done a few, but I'm still willing to change them if I see something better.

Thanks m80s
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 17:57:07 by America »

• Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
Re: Village Lore Ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 18:20:00 »
Inferunogakure (Hidden Inferno)

Ok, so here's my idea:
Once upon time, there were many criminals in the world. The kages didn't know what to do with these criminals, the prisons were becoming fuller and fuller so soon there would be no space to keep these criminals in. They decided to send the worst of these criminals underground, they would stay there forever until they died. This place was nicknamed Hell, as lava was all around it and the most wicked criminals were sent there. While in Hell, the criminals decided to build a village to live in. The village had to built with rock since there were no materials around. The village expanded as time flew by with more people living in it than when it started. Then, one day a man dropped into Hell. This man had a lot of influence and power in the outside world. He was also an evil man, his nickname was Devil. With his power he made Hell into one of the 11 villages seen today and became the first kage.

I'm gonna improve it over time, people were calling the Hidden Inferno hell so i came up with this.

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 18:39:23 »
Use the world map, I remember there was a strange river across a village, you can say that a beast caused the river or maybe Vreg (A wise sennin) created the river so two clans could blahblahblah....
And stuff like that.

About the Hidden Forest, if you want to go way back in history you can say a clan, village or whatever started to build shelter on the trees, then someone, a leader came to change everything and created diplomacy and then ninjas were introduced to the world and academies were built and shit like that.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 18:42:09 »
For the Hidden Snow, my idea is that Anna, a fearless optimist, sets off on an epic journey - teaming up with rugged mountain man Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven - to find her sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Yukigakure in eternal winter. Encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom. From the outside Anna's sister, Elsa looks poised, regal and reserved, but in reality, she lives in fear as she wrestles with a mighty secret-she was born with the power to create ice and snow. It's a beautiful ability, but also extremely dangerous. Haunted by the moment her magic nearly killed her younger sister Anna, Elsa has isolated herself, spending every waking minute trying to suppress her growing powers. Her mounting emotions trigger the magic, accidentally setting off an eternal winter that she can't stop. She fears she's becoming a monster and that no one, not even her sister, can help her.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 18:47:21 »
Hmmmm.... I don't know if this makes sense but anyway here you go : There was a once a Caravan of nomads and they were traveling through the route from hidden inferno to hidden hills but halfway there there was a storm and they couldn't see anything because of the rain so they decided to stop in a cave but when they reached the cave a very huge lighting bolt hit the ground and when the dust cleared they saw a very big crater as big as a hidden village and they decided to stay inside the cave t when the storm cleared they were lost and found the crater again and thought that they were traveling in circles so they decided to send two people in one direction and they returned but they couldn't find the hidden inferno or the hidden hill so they decided to build a settlement in the crater and they used rocks that were lying around to build a big hall where everyone could rest for the night then when they woke up they saw people who came looking for them from the Hidden Inferno and asked them what happened then they asked if they wanted a map and the people said " Yes but we would like to create a village here as it is perfect " and then over time it became the village known as The Village Hidden In Thunder....... ( any suggestions? And sorry if you didn't like it :P)
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 18:49:05 »
As one of the newer villages, what is known today as the Hidden Inferno, was originally an imprisonment facility where the most infamous rogues who were captured by village forces were sent to serve their inprisonment. Even though the world would have probably been a better place without most of the inmates, they were special in a sense. Extremely brilliant minds who have decided to turn against their birthplaces, and some even against the world itself were sent here from all over the place. However favorably it might have been for the villages to dispose of such dangerous threats, they were still extremely valuable, even as confined in the underground prison, that eventually got a fitting name amongst the inmates: Hell. The rocky, dark area beneath the earth was lit by torches all over the place, giving it a demonic, ominous look.

*When I have the time I'll try to be writing about a riot maybe, the inmates defeat the guards and remain trapped underground. They have to live there with the little supplies they have for the next few weeks. One of them takes over and eventually they manage to break free somehow (this will require a lot of thought). The so called Hell proves to stay true to the actual Hell, becoming a place of atonement for the captives. Then there is my biggest problem. How do these guys receive forgiveness for their crimes and how do they become an official village. I hope I will be able to figure it out.*

Props @Kai for the outline concept. ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 18:59:59 by m4r1us »
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 19:31:27 »
Use the world map, I remember there was a strange river across a village, you can say that a beast caused the river or maybe Vreg (A wise sennin) created the river so two clans could blahblahblah....
And stuff like that.

About the Hidden Forest, if you want to go way back in history you can say a clan, village or whatever started to build shelter on the trees, then someone, a leader came to change everything and created diplomacy and then ninjas were introduced to the world and academies were built and shit like that.

I've already written the Morigakure history and it is something like that. Clan on the bottom half of the river trying to unite the entire forest area, etc.
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 21:21:03 »
Maybe one for the hidden snow, don't know if good but here you go. Before the hidden snow was occupied by shinobi, only nomads lived in the land, people who didn't know what chakra was and how to use jutsu. Back in the mainland where the other 10 villages would become, there was a clan had just had a massacre, where over half of its population had been slaughtered and its numbers dwindling. The leader of the clan realized that if they stayed there any longer, they would be completely wiped out. The leader ordered everyone to go to the ocean, where they hopped on to their boats that the clan owned floated out to sea where the enemies couldn't get to them. They floated for several days, many of the people dying on their boats due to famine and hunger, until they eventually found land, what would eventually become Yukigakure. They got to the land, and had very little of the population still alive. They made a small town and became friendly with the nomads who roamed the areas. Eventually, the nomads decided to settle down, and decided to live with the clan members who's town was starting to blossom. The clan members taught them to use jutsu and their chakra, and eventually their town became what is now known as the Village Hidden in the Snow.
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 00:00:51 »
I will be in Mori. <3
  • Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 00:03:35 »
America, add some stories about the flora and fauna of Morigakure, like glowing mushrooms with medicinal values and herbs which make good chakra potions.
  • Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 11:34:59 »
About the Village hidden in the ash, you can say something like, long time ago there was a very big and prosperous city. That city was like the location where all the important events were taking place, that was the place where all merchants were gathering thus forming an important fair or you can say that this city was something like Las Vegas, a place full of sins and debauchery. Either way, this city had very strong walls, it was known as the city who opposed 100 armies. During the history many other cities/villages wanted to capture this point to make it theirs. After this you can decide on something, depending on what you have wrote about other villages: either a stranger managed to destroy the entire city and all it remained was ash, or an army was the one that did it, dunno... After the tragedy happened those who remained tried to rebuild the city, but what was once never came back...