Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64447
Latest: JohnnyDrife
New This Month: 316
New This Week: 77
New Today: 7
Stats
Total Posts: 76529
Total Topics: 22109
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1219
Total: 1234

Author Topic: In combat maximum speed  (Read 25179 times)

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
In combat maximum speed
« on: January 23, 2015, 20:08:46 »
I think that when you get attack or when you attack, your maximum speed should be reduced to something about half of your out of combat max speed.

For example;

Out of combat maximum speed:
40 kmph

in combat maximum speed:
20 kmph

This will:
  • make combat a bit "more possible"
  • escape from battle a bit harder.
  • This will also allow for your first attack to be sudden and hard to evade

Your max speed will return to its original speed when you're out of combat, after 30 seconds of not attacking or being attacked.

P.S; your in combat max  speed doesn't have to be half of your out of combat max speed, it could be less, or more. It was just a quick example, same goes for the 30 sec duration after your last engage in battle.

I personally think this is necessary so that you would avoid fighting a fly who can dodge every freaking attack and easily escape at 10 hp. :p

The in combat max speed reduction is applied in almost every mmo  fyi.

Thoughts ?

• Character Name: Saitou

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Raenir has no influence.
  • Recruiting for Kurohasu!
    • View Profile
Re: In combat maximum speed
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 20:10:25 »
I personally really like this idea, and would love to see some form of it implemented :)
  • Character Name: Yoru Kusemono

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 20:13:17 »
Good plan, up to Vreg though
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Mythik

• Academy Student Poster
  • Mythik has no influence.
  • Leave no man behind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 20:28:48 »
Sounds good to me
  • Character Name: Ryota

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 20:43:13 »
I think its a good idea, because it wouldnt be fair if your first attack, especially a surprise attack, could easily be dodged.
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline jedikan

• Chunin Poster
  • jedikan has no influence.
  • rah
    • View Profile

• Organization: Rōguhantā        
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 20:47:40 »
Sound great in my opinion, makes combat more realistic honestly.

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 20:49:56 »
I like this idea, to make combat a bit more reliable, and maybe "slower".
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 20:52:09 »

P.S; your in combat max  speed doesn't have to be half of your out of combat max speed, it could be less, or more. It was just a quick example, same goes for the 30 sec duration after your last engage in battle.

I personally think this is necessary so that you would avoid fighting a fly who can dodge every freaking attack and easily escape at 10 hp. :p

I like the idea, but half seems like too much. However, that is not what I want to talk about since this has brought something up. The "30 sec duration after your last engage in battle." Brings me an idea... Thought is a better word. There needs to be a minimum of 'action' before this kicks in if it is implemented. What I mean is, if you're running through the trees and one kunai comes and you block it, or it hits near you or whatever, I don't think this should kick in. It should be like you need to take a set amount of, damage/hits and/or amount of blocks/dodges. Something like this so that one person can't cause you to move at a snails speed etc. And something like this -should- stack with multiple people, meaning that if 4 people throw two kunai at someone and he dodges/blocks it, it won't matter because either way he passes the threshold and is now engaged in combat.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 20:55:29 »

I like the idea, but half seems like too much. However, that is not what I want to talk about since this has brought something up. The "30 sec duration after your last engage in battle." Brings me an idea... Thought is a better word. There needs to be a minimum of 'action' before this kicks in if it is implemented. What I mean is, if you're running through the trees and one kunai comes and you block it, or it hits near you or whatever, I don't think this should kick in. It should be like you need to take a set amount of, damage/hits and/or amount of blocks/dodges. Something like this so that one person can't cause you to move at a snails speed etc. And something like this -should- stack with multiple people, meaning that if 4 people throw two kunai at someone and he dodges/blocks it, it won't matter because either way he passes the threshold and is now engaged in combat.
Thats actually a very good idea and I agree. It would be unfair like as you said if one person throws a kunai at you to automatically make you slow down because the chances of leaving without a fight after slowing down are much less
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 20:57:12 »

Thats actually a very good idea and I agree. It would be unfair like as you said if one person throws a kunai at you to automatically make you slow down because the chances of leaving without a fight after slowing down are much less

Yeh it could kick in after something like taking damage that is equal to 5% of your maximum health over a duration of 10(??) sec.

• Character Name: Saitou

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 21:45:24 »

Yeh it could kick in after something like taking damage that is equal to 5% of your maximum health over a duration of 10(??) sec.

This is a good idea as it just gets so annoying in some games where people just run around in circles.

On the other hand, Vreg stated that only very high level shinobi will be able to run at 70mph.
I'd guess that the average shinobi could run at 50mph.
This would mean combat could become very slow.
If you hop onto freeze tag and have a fight at 25mph I'll assure you it's not very fun. So I'd suggest the speed should be reduced according to the health you have lost. A little scheme I've made for health loss compared to speed loss
10% of health lost - 5% of speed lost
20% of health lost - 10% of speed lost
etc.

Your speed shouldn't decrease by half just by losing 5% of your health.
The ratio I suggest of speed loss to health loss is 1:2

I don't mean to be a critic but this is my opinion.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 00:18:24 »
Speed should also be proportional to your health points, realistically, when you're severely wounded and losing too much blood, you also lose focus and body agility. So starting at 50% of your hp or below, your speed starts to slow down.
  • Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Raenir has no influence.
  • Recruiting for Kurohasu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 17:33:01 »

This is a good idea as it just gets so annoying in some games where people just run around in circles.

On the other hand, Vreg stated that only very high level shinobi will be able to run at 70mph.
I'd guess that the average shinobi could run at 50mph.
This would mean combat could become very slow.
If you hop onto freeze tag and have a fight at 25mph I'll assure you it's not very fun. So I'd suggest the speed should be reduced according to the health you have lost. A little scheme I've made for health loss compared to speed loss
10% of health lost - 5% of speed lost
20% of health lost - 10% of speed lost
etc.

Your speed shouldn't decrease by half just by losing 5% of your health.
The ratio I suggest of speed loss to health loss is 1:2

I don't mean to be a critic but this is my opinion.

Well keep in mind that what may feel like a slow and not fun speed in freeze tag will feel different in the full release of the game. There will be more abilities at hand that can inflict damage, with varying different ranges, outside of the "Chidori" style jutsu that is being used in freeze tag and different forms of attacking your opponent in general. I.E. Kunai, swords, your fists etc. I don't mean to say that half is the right amount, but a larger speed reduction won't necessarily result in a negative experience.
  • Character Name: Yoru Kusemono

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 19:29:39 »
But after you beat the guy, what if someone else come out of nowhere and hits you, you can't run because of the 30 seconds
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 19:32:35 »
But after you beat the guy, what if someone else come out of nowhere and hits you, you can't run because of the 30 seconds
Well if you'd just been in an intense battle you wouldn't be able to run as fast. But read my post to explain why my idea would help this problem too.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent