Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64346
Latest: Zonai_Cat
New This Month: 215
New This Week: 51
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 75606
Total Topics: 21531
Most Online Today: 1187
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1066
Total: 1078

Author Topic: General discussion  (Read 522668 times)

Offline Konohuro

Re: General disscusion
« Reply #945 on: July 21, 2016, 16:02:59 »
@America I think you see the Yurei thing distorted. We are just a bunch of members who really trust each other and we "signed a treaty" (by choosing to join the organization) to always help one another and to never leave this... brotherhood. Someone saw fit to make it public and let the others know that we will never fight against one another and that we consider that by standing together, we will survive longer, so those listed in the Yurei thread have joined forces.
I don't see why other members would look up to this organization, or why they would aspire to become part of it or why they would care about it. It all spins around this term: "trust". We can't accept someone we can't trust, and a new comer can't have any reasons to trust us as he doesn't know us.

Your observation that 10 people won't be able to achieve anything against the big world is erroneous.
If something will happen, it won't be anything related to fighting all the rest. If someone picks on one of us and he needs help, other 9 will hunt that bully<- this is in fact the main idea of our goals; of course, on a smaller scale.
Also, many of us are the leaders of organizations and at the moment, few are the ones without an organization, therefore "the rest" of the world would stand by the side of Yurei members.
At this state of game, Yurei is the biggest power and I don't think someone can deny that. But I agree with you, that what is happening now and the actual valors will be the dust on a busy road in the final release.

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 21, 2016, 17:58:30 »
Just read so much shit, thanks for the usual drama guys ^^
I enjoy it.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #947 on: July 21, 2016, 18:59:17 »
Mars' Ramen ftw bro
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #948 on: July 21, 2016, 19:14:05 »
Found somthing cool everyone should see... It's kinda a let down because it doesn't finish... But it's Realy cool...

Daaaaammnnn Sakura is a savage
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline taigakun

« Reply #949 on: July 21, 2016, 20:08:19 »
Found somthing cool everyone should see... It's kinda a let down because it doesn't finish... But it's Realy cool...

Sakura fucked Inoue up man

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #950 on: July 22, 2016, 00:47:06 »
Also, many of us are the leaders of organizations and at the moment, few are the ones without an organization, therefore "the rest" of the world would stand by the side of Yurei members.
At this state of game, Yurei is the biggest power and I don't think someone can deny that. But I agree with you, that what is happening now and the actual valors will be the dust on a busy road in the final release.
As @America has previously mentioned before, being in the forums won't make you "better" than other players. Right now, Yurei members are org leaders, though tbh I don't think some of those orgs will hold out until the actual final release, since that is the time shit will start happening.

The way you have explained Yurei makes it seem like an alliance. Not an actual organization.

But, if you actually think about it, you're right, right now in the present Yurei seems to hold the most power.

• Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Zama

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zama has no influence.
  • 2Kawaii2live2Sugoi2Die
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #951 on: July 22, 2016, 00:58:47 »
As @America has previously mentioned before, being in the forums won't make you "better" than other players. Right now, Yurei members are org leaders, though tbh I don't think some of those orgs will hold out until the actual final release, since that is the time shit will start happening.
My two cents on this here, I don't think that is true. I mean take Roguhanta and Katakiuchi for example, they've been around for a long time and continue to grow. Why would they all of a sudden not hold out? Orgs created before the release have a headstart on orgs that will be created after the release as they will be more well known and have more members early on in the game.

For the same reason why clans created a long time ago tend to prosper more than clans created now, they've simply been around long enough to gain a certain reputation amongst the community.

Sure, not every org created now will last but in terms of an org like Yurei which has organisations like Katakiuchi and Roguhanta with them, chances are they're gonna be around for a while.
  • Character Name: Zama

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #952 on: July 22, 2016, 09:13:15 »
My two cents on this here, I don't think that is true. I mean take Roguhanta and Katakiuchi for example, they've been around for a long time and continue to grow. Why would they all of a sudden not hold out? Orgs created before the release have a headstart on orgs that will be created after the release as they will be more well known and have more members early on in the game.

For the same reason why clans created a long time ago tend to prosper more than clans created now, they've simply been around long enough to gain a certain reputation amongst the community.

Sure, not every org created now will last but in terms of an org like Yurei which has organisations like Katakiuchi and Roguhanta with them, chances are they're gonna be around for a while.

This is something I agree with.
When I made Roguhanta with json and remi a long time ago, we started growing and I'm pretty sure we wont suddenly stop.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 22, 2016, 09:55:32 »

This is something I agree with.
When I made Roguhanta with json and remi a long time ago, we started growing and I'm pretty sure we wont suddenly stop.
Indeed, why would we?
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #954 on: July 22, 2016, 12:28:25 »
@Tsunayoshi Unlikely other players, my character won't resemble me from real life. He will be cunning, pride full, crazy, doing crimes for his own amusement and would do anything to reach his goals except destroying his honor.
This has nothing to do with how I am in real life. I like Kirishima, I am proud of being a Kirishima and I will be loyal to this clan to the end. What I've done for it, I will continue doing even after the game will be full released, but this doesn't change the fact that my character won't care about the clan or it's eventually helpless members who could use him in any way. In game, I won't do anything for the clan because this is how my character will be, he won't favor or hate any clan as he won't agree with the families superiority.

If I would make my character and play with it as I am in real life, I would probably be in a village, working at Mars's Ramen and advising the Kage.

If you don't want to believe me, it's not my problem, it won't affect anything at all. I did my duty answering to your question, it's not my duty to prove my answer.
Also, only because I am more likely to betray my clan, it won't mean that I will be loyal with my life to an organization, unless I find it worthy.

I don't know where your hate towards me comes from, but please try to abstain from provoking me with useless pokes.

I took the duty of creating the clan thread because there was no one else at that moment active enough to do so, as Kai was just getting his Red Name and he was getting other responsibilities. So no, not many others could have taken that role. And I haven't put that much effort in it, most of the effort came from @m4r1us . And I don't remember to ever advertise the clan, though.
Hmm, see I don't get how Real life came in the picture here, but never mind that.

I've got no beef w you, just questioned you. Aight, you've made clear that you'd betray your clan just like that without any further feels. End of discussion.
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Manuster

« Reply #955 on: July 22, 2016, 13:32:08 »
fuck mars

implying you could fit your dick in a celestial body that weighs 6.39 × 10^23 kg with a radius of 2,106 miles

there are limits to the things we can do

xDDDDDDD +rep

haven't watched bleach, but this is very good for the hype
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #956 on: July 22, 2016, 16:08:28 »
Welcome to SLO.

I'm the meme of the project, you can call me either Shitposter/Postwhore or Orgwhore (in reality I'm both)*.
FTFY.

Glad to see everyone is advertising the forum in such a good way. /s

Pfft. No matter the insults you throw.

They won't sting cause they're coming from you.

@Manuster
Is it really an insult when I'm just naming your known titles on the forum?
It's nothing new.
If you feel like it's an insult, maybe that's a sign for you to change your behavior for the better.

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #957 on: July 22, 2016, 17:36:34 »
Welcome to SLO.

I'm the meme of the project, you can call me either Shitposter/Postwhore or Orgwhore (in reality I'm both)*.
FTFY.

Glad to see everyone is advertising the forum in such a good way. /s

Pfft. No matter the insults you throw.

They won't sting cause they're coming from you.

@Manuster
Is it really an insult when I'm just naming your known titles on the forum?
It's nothing new.
If you feel like it's an insult, maybe that's a sign for you to change your behavior for the better.

Offline waly206

« Reply #958 on: July 22, 2016, 23:10:18 »
Ooh, I like the first idea, though making sure both their missions actually have relevance to an overarching story would require a lot of planning ahead of time.

He also sucked at being a GM because the missions were boring as hell. BUt I see your point. It all depends how seriously  these guys take the game or not.

And the only reason I played a retarded anthromorphic frog the last time because you, Elliot and GM's first wife were being retarded the first time campaign and I was the only one actually trying to roleplay. Then Elliot got mad because he couldn't see why I my purely good paladin was duty bound to kill his civilian-massacring character of pure evil .

You don't have to get angry, those people don't exist anymore.

Haha, you make it sound like we murdered them and buried their bodies somewhere XD
And I do always sound angry on the internet apparently. Sorry, Drew...

Yeah when I saw that I was like

Careful. She never said we DIDN'T do just that. XD

You referenced Community.  You may live :P XD
Don't worry, we don't actually murder the roleplaying groups that displease us XD

Well SHE just doesn't like to get her hands dirty.

• Character Name: Toichi Tsukegami

Offline Dagerth

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Dagerth has no influence.
  • HEEEEEELP!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kamakiri
  • Organization: Hyakki Yagyō

« Reply #959 on: July 22, 2016, 23:16:42 »
Ooh, I like the first idea, though making sure both their missions actually have relevance to an overarching story would require a lot of planning ahead of time.

He also sucked at being a GM because the missions were boring as hell. BUt I see your point. It all depends how seriously  these guys take the game or not.

And the only reason I played a retarded anthromorphic frog the last time because you, Elliot and GM's first wife were being retarded the first time campaign and I was the only one actually trying to roleplay. Then Elliot got mad because he couldn't see why I my purely good paladin was duty bound to kill his civilian-massacring character of pure evil .

You don't have to get angry, those people don't exist anymore.

Haha, you make it sound like we murdered them and buried their bodies somewhere XD
And I do always sound angry on the internet apparently. Sorry, Drew...

Yeah when I saw that I was like

Careful. She never said we DIDN'T do just that. XD

You referenced Community.  You may live :P XD
Don't worry, we don't actually murder the roleplaying groups that displease us XD

Well SHE just doesn't like to get her hands dirty.

Haha, no we don't kill. We just play rough. Now there HAS been the occasional civilian casualty, but let's skip the small details
  • Character Name: Kamakiri Karas