Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64070
Latest: Mike MacAlister
New This Month: 4163
New This Week: 129
New Today: 19
Stats
Total Posts: 73937
Total Topics: 20785
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 746
Total: 756
Mike MacAlister
Google (9)

Author Topic: Spared By Accident?  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Spared By Accident?
« on: July 03, 2016, 19:38:37 »
What happens if you get left before your enemy gets the chance to finish/spare you? By this I mean, what *if* there comes a time in which the other player --the supposed victor-- is simply unable to finish the job? So far as I'm aware, the current system in place is something along the lines of:

~Player2 has been downed by Player1
~A small text-box/scroll displays on Player1's screen, giving them the choice to spare/slaughter their defeated foe...

...and that's about it -- so far as I know, anyhow. Fight enemy, beat enemy, make moral choice -- but what happens if the victor is simply *unable* to make that choice? What could occur if, say, they had to make a run for it, but no comrades came around to picking you up -- or at worst, if the victor DCs during this crucial moment? Would it be appropriate to assume an automatic death, or a 'bleed-out' timer of some sort? And on top of that, wouldn't the defeated then, technically, have a *right* to be infuriated by this RNG-like outcome? How many more sentences could potentially be ended with question marks just because there doesn't happen to be a current, known answer to this probable problem?

As per usual, gtfo if you intend to post-whore -- this post is meant to stimulate intellectual discussion related to the topic, and perhaps even gain any appropriate answers the mods/devs feel capable of offering.

• Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Re: Spared By Accident?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 19:55:38 »
I never knew this was planned for the game?
But I do think that there should be a, let's say 1 minute timer to which the defeated simply 'dies' if the victor fails to select an outcome (slay/spare).
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 21:12:34 »
I never knew this was planned for the game?
But I do think that there should be a, let's say 1 minute timer to which the defeated simply 'dies' if the victor fails to select an outcome (slay/spare).

While this was exactly what I thought at first glance upon the issue, reexamination has lead me to believe --as I stated in the post above-- that certain players would rightly be annoyed or downright infuriated by this, especially in the case of being confined within a perma-death zone when the event occurs. It's more a case of *what 'could' have happened*, a problem of players having to deal with the unknown.

Would it be better to have some sort of system that grants you a good hour or so before death -- during which you spend said time as both unconscious and 'bleeding out'? If we take into account --and this is solely as a reference point-- Shikamaru's first assignment as a squad leader, wouldn't it make more sense to give the players ample time to be executed/found by other shinobi roaming the area?

If the above were the case, would it also then be a good idea to give players the *option* --after having been unattended to by friend/foe for, say, 5 minutes-- of being able to stagger away for possible help? Doing so would increase your bleed-out rate by double, effectively halving your remaining life-span, but it *could* help alleviate player-aggravation in such awkward situations, and perhaps teach them to be more carefully next time around.

...Kind of makes me think of Hanzo and Mifune, actually.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 21:14:11 by dragon6624 »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 21:55:07 »
I love the ending of that post xD +rep

But to answer your question, Vreg mentioned that after disconnection of any form, the character will be left ingame for a couple of minutes. This will give time for the loser to possibly exact their revenge. If knocked out, the user will stay like that. The victor's decision, or lack of one will have no effect in the

In any other case, the victor would just continue to stand there idly almost as if they couldn't mentally make a decision. The loser would remain in whatever default state they are in; if knocked out, they'll stay knocked out. If bleeding to death, they'll continue to bleed to death.

Whether or not you are knocked out/bleeding depends on the jutsu used.

A knocked out player will never die on their own. They are either killed, or made to bleed to death.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 21:56:52 by Manuster »
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 22:21:26 »
I love the ending of that post xD +rep

But to answer your question, Vreg mentioned that after disconnection of any form, the character will be left ingame for a couple of minutes. This will give time for the loser to possibly exact their revenge. If knocked out, the user will stay like that. The victor's decision, or lack of one will have no effect in the

In any other case, the victor would just continue to stand there idly almost as if they couldn't mentally make a decision. The loser would remain in whatever default state they are in; if knocked out, they'll stay knocked out. If bleeding to death, they'll continue to bleed to death.

Whether or not you are knocked out/bleeding depends on the jutsu used.

A knocked out player will never die on their own. They are either killed, or made to bleed to death.

My thanks Repmaster >_)

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 22:55:18 »
I think you should remain unconscious, and here's why. If someone beats you and decides to spare you, that doesn't mean they get down and bandage you and make you some nice herbal tea. They leave you on the ground beaten, so if someone doesn't kill you, how do you die? Or rather how do you spare someone if they're bleeding out? Just adding on to what manuster said really.

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent
Konohuro