Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64064
Latest: Vilianaptp
New This Month: 4157
New This Week: 123
New Today: 27
Stats
Total Posts: 73891
Total Topics: 20763
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 775
Total: 785
GeorgeCycle
Antoniotpo
Google (AdSense)
Google (7)

Author Topic: Creating a collider (mesh or box) that adjusts itself based on the Animation  (Read 3919 times)

Offline Kakashi Natsu

• Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kakashi Natsu has no influence.
  • Give up trying to make me give up.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
Hello guys,

I have checked youtube, unity and other sources to see if i can get some answers. But there really aren't any tutorials for what i need.

I have a character that i have animated and i have baked pose for root transform(y) for the animations i have,that way regardless of the animation i play, he will always be touching the ground according to where his feet are. The only issue is, how would i go about attaching a rigidbody so he stays on the ground via a Mesh collider for the collision. The rigidody is to keep him grounded while the collider is to stop him when he is on the ground. I attached both, but he just falls through the floor when i click play. if he has neither he runs the animations like he is suppose to(moving based off the animation, did not loop pose), feet touching the ground or not depending on the animation. Does it have to do with Convex or something?

if i attach a box collider with a rigidbody, he stops falling and its fine, how would i do it with a mesh collider. note: the mesh of the colldier is not the whole body. i have separet meshes for each part. shoes, hair, body etc.

if you want a video or something, i can provide one.
(No question is a stupid one, only a stupid answer)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 22:02:11 by Kakashi Natsu »

Offline Konohuro

You may want to resize your clan logo, otherwise we won't be able to see your whole message.

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent
Konohuro