Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64069
Latest: Michailvdx
New This Month: 4162
New This Week: 128
New Today: 22
Stats
Total Posts: 73920
Total Topics: 20768
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 824
Total: 833
Michailvdx
Google (8)

Author Topic: Let there be growth!  (Read 26062 times)

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
Re: Let there be growth!
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2016, 12:16:07 »
Ok. That life syphon jutsu is a very cool idea.
Could be another secret forbidden jutsu.

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 12:33:57 »
Let me explain something to everyone that thinks this game cannot be realistic. The more realistic we make EVERTHING in The game, the more JUTSU we can have to help us exceed the limmets that realism imposes.

Realistic world economy's -to realistic human limitations should all be simulated. And here is the main reason why!!!!

The game will be more intuitive if you can relate it to the realism that you deal with every day IRL.

This will leed to a more naruto feel of game play then if we have super human abuility to start with. 

How dose ageing take away from the naruto feel or make the game less fun????

From a death match point of view this would be stupid....and would serve no purpose.

However from an MMORPG point of view. This would only further immersion and sper on grinding as well as give use the  opportunity to be the 3rd Hokage... or the sennin for that matter.

All that being said... I can't think of one example of someone who died of old age in naruto. Mainly because the world naruto lived in was ravaged by war and conflict even after the creation of villages.
The elderly likely did not survive long in that world because they could not keep up with the dangers that were going on around them.

So if we fallow old age to its conclusion
Death is the next realistic step. How was this handeld in naruto.. a new Generation was born. And the new generation was always more "Talented" then the last. So I suggest the same for the game with the advent of old age you should be able to create a new character with your clans name and any forbidden or KG jutsu your old age character currently has.

There was talk of awhile ago about training
And inactiveity. That the longer your offline the more you have to train or somthing like that. I suggest this happen in Old man mode much faster. So that if you try and only play your new character your old man will wither away and eventually die.(this should take a long time and can be stoped by training with him for 1 hour a day game time or somthing like that.)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 13:54:13 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2017, 11:02:06 »
The game is a Shinobi simulator!!!!
The idea is to live the life of a Shinobi
Shinobi life online!!!!!

Death is a part of Shinobi life. This game
Is not just a deathmatch game!!! People are
Hung up on that because that's all we have had for a long time...don't loose sight of the objective.

This idea for ageing is the best yet with the least amount of effort needded. And it will make the life you are playing seem more real. Leebz is right...it is stuped to start the academy as an adult. It doesn't make much sence.

many reps man.....I remember this being asked in the March/April Twitch Stream in 2015 and the issue that Vreg mentioned was that it would be too tasking to draw, design, and code the clothing, movement, damage boxes and calculations (such as for speed and strength) for a certain number of ages.

Furthermore, how many times would your character change? Would there be a 5% increase for the first 12 months? Or a 10% increase for the first 6 months and a 5% increase for the next 6 months? And what about shrinkage? The average person loses an inch every decade...so a 10% height decrease after 12months? Or are there only just going to be 6 character sets for 6 different ages. Vreg said it wasn't happening.

I would like it to...but I doubt it. He doesn't see enough benefit  for all the trouble it's going to be worth.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 19:28:33 »
The suggestion in this thread is the easyst way to do it. You need a kid size and adult size and that's it. They don't need to seamlessly change from one to the other. Once you graduate the academy- or pass the chunin exams maybe...
this would take a certain amount of time... you get an achievement notice when you log in and modify your character to look like an adult. Most people are fully grown by 16-19. Once there it's all cosmetic for old man mode. Textures and coloring. It's not that complicated and would be much more realistic then for some inexplicable reason being in your 20s with no history before that. And to be honest I'm really tired of the it would be to taxing excuses... don't get me wrong I'm still going to play what ever is put out in the end. But mmorpgs are not a easy thing to do. And to attempt somthing that is as complex as the naruto universe is- even if your only shooting for close- is even harder. Everyone knows this that's why people have bin here for 3 years or longer.

They are developing things for the adult size so once that's done scale it all back 10% kid size and give the same 10% to old man mode it's not that complicated.

Even going from teenagers to adults to old age is still preferable to no ageing at all.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 19:48:17 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Kazmaru

• Academy Student Poster
  • Kazmaru has no influence.
  • SLO Since August 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 20:50:34 »
I agree with NinjaMirage. It just has to have a logical system in it. It is indeed difficult to make, but the result is totally worth it. It will drag you more into the game and give you a more pleasant game experience.  It also allows players to set goals so they can be like: Kay first im going to graduate from the academy, after that I am going to train my character so he can grow up. To motivate the players even more you could add a system or something, which allows players to learn certain skills and/or items when they reach their adult form. There could be one possible problem; maybe there are some people who would want their character to be a rank when they are still a child. Someone like Itachi or kakashi. There are a lot of other things we could say about this subject, but I think that it should be in the game. It has to have a really well overthought system though.
"Do not judge others simply by their preconceptions, and judgement based on their appearance. You assumed...that I have patience... You all fail to measure your own capacity, and my capacity. As a result, you lie here, beaten"

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 22:03:22 »
This is not a problem because RANK IS BASED ON ELO. So the players that reach A ELO score of jonin befor the time required for adult form will be those players like itachi's or kakashi.
It's juts another reason to have the age system in place. This could even be a achievement that grants certain rewards like instinct aproval to be ambu.. or somthing.

Not that any of this really matters unless we convince Vreg. The game is his baby... the best we can do is let him know what the community would like to see.
But he has made very ambitious promises so we need to be reasonable. But this idea is the most reasonable solution that will help him do what he has promised.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 22:17:44 by NinjaMirage »

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2017, 15:24:57 »
This is not a problem because RANK IS BASED ON ELO. So the players that reach A ELO score of jonin befor the time required for adult form will be those players like itachi's or kakashi.
It's juts another reason to have the age system in place. This could even be a achievement that grants certain rewards like instinct aproval to be ambu.. or somthing.

Not that any of this really matters unless we convince Vreg. The game is his baby... the best we can do is let him know what the community would like to see.
But he has made very ambitious promises so we need to be reasonable. But this idea is the most reasonable solution that will help him do what he has promised.
Having carefully read all your posts on this topic including the solutions to certain problems I imagined would arise from this aging system, I just have to say I am impressed. I totally agree with these ideas. Of course, like you rightly stated, this all depends on Vreg and I hope he and the rest of the dev. team will also come to see how great an idea this is.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 15:34:20 by StriderOtaku »
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2017, 03:40:43 »
My thread is still up.....WTF
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2017, 07:37:54 »
My thread is still up.....WTF
Well, it's a pretty good thread.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2017, 17:38:43 »
It's a very good idea and it should get recognized for it. I only hope it's enough to Change vreg mind on the Idea.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2017, 23:24:23 »
@Vreg

I doubt Vreg reads every thread lmao and since no one brought his attention to this one, he might not read it too.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2017, 08:51:37 »
@Vreg

I doubt Vreg reads every thread lmao and since no one brought his attention to this one, he might not read it too.
I'll keep this thread bookmarked and get to it later :)
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Kotatsu

• Academy Student Poster
  • Kotatsu has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2017, 00:24:46 »
@Vreg

At this risk of bringing this back as to only add my two cents in this matter. (I'm allowed to do that right? It totally has something to do with the suggestion). Now, before I ramble off I'll go in short. I feel like this should both (optional) and a cosmetic sort of thing only. (Character creator style you know?)

However, I did a fair bit of thinking, some people suggested 'benefits and weaknesses' to each one. I'll play ball.. here's what I came up with in a few minutes of thinking.

Let's go in order.. I believe it was Child, Teen/Adult, Old Man.

First of all for the Child. I figure they could A. Be slightly weaker than Adults, and give/or take how 'old' is old. Maybe stronger than 'old' in melee combat (weapons not included). Compared to the Adults/Old Geezers they could have a slightly slower 'Max speed' compared to the rest. Higher Stamina, However, Chakra and jutsu wise.. unaffected. A side suggestion: They could be slightly faster at attacking in terms of melee, very slightly.

For the Teen/Adult: I imagine they're balanced. Just kinda your 'default' if you'd call it that. No real weaknesses, or benefits. Unless, you want to add the ability to squeeze into small spaces.

Old Man/Gal: They could be slightly less durable, maybe even have less chakra Pools than the Kids/Teens/Adults. However, as a benefit they're a bit wiser. It wouldn't be wild to imagine they could have 'slightly' I emphasize on slightly stronger jutsu than the other two. In a way to balance out negative qualities. (Maybe they can 'learn' the jutsu faster as well, but yeah). Less Stamina than the other two.

Although, I'd prefer them as a cosmetic thing more than anything else (I'm more an RP, so I don't really care too much for stats.) But, I think it might add some interesting mechanics or not. It's just a mere suggestion, and my suggestions are probably worth less than a long timer here on the forums.

Second post. Woo I think.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:32:52 by Kotatsu »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2017, 11:42:38 »
I like your suggestion. Don't think that because your new you can't make them.

The only thing is we should keep this as simple as posable. If we want it in the game. The devs didn't originally plan for this and have full plates already with this game.

So giving each a spacific buff or debuf in a area
Of stats rather then across the board would be much harder I think then simply beefing the finale build by a x% for young and old.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2017, 19:02:26 »
@Vreg

At this risk of bringing this back as to only add my two cents in this matter. (I'm allowed to do that right? It totally has something to do with the suggestion). Now, before I ramble off I'll go in short. I feel like this should both (optional) and a cosmetic sort of thing only. (Character creator style you know?)

However, I did a fair bit of thinking, some people suggested 'benefits and weaknesses' to each one. I'll play ball.. here's what I came up with in a few minutes of thinking.

Let's go in order.. I believe it was Child, Teen/Adult, Old Man.

First of all for the Child. I figure they could A. Be slightly weaker than Adults, and give/or take how 'old' is old. Maybe stronger than 'old' in melee combat (weapons not included). Compared to the Adults/Old Geezers they could have a slightly slower 'Max speed' compared to the rest. Higher Stamina, However, Chakra and jutsu wise.. unaffected. A side suggestion: They could be slightly faster at attacking in terms of melee, very slightly.

For the Teen/Adult: I imagine they're balanced. Just kinda your 'default' if you'd call it that. No real weaknesses, or benefits. Unless, you want to add the ability to squeeze into small spaces.

Old Man/Gal: They could be slightly less durable, maybe even have less chakra Pools than the Kids/Teens/Adults. However, as a benefit they're a bit wiser. It wouldn't be wild to imagine they could have 'slightly' I emphasize on slightly stronger jutsu than the other two. In a way to balance out negative qualities. (Maybe they can 'learn' the jutsu faster as well, but yeah). Less Stamina than the other two.

Although, I'd prefer them as a cosmetic thing more than anything else (I'm more an RP, so I don't really care too much for stats.) But, I think it might add some interesting mechanics or not. It's just a mere suggestion, and my suggestions are probably worth less than a long timer here on the forums.

Second post. Woo I think.

Nononono.

I mean yesyesyes to most of it but chakra does not decrease as you get older/old. It should almost definitely increase. Most of your physical abilities should be lower than that of an adults, except ones dependent on strength, like jumping speed, acceleration, actual taijutsu impact(This would also create a polar opposite with childhood where most physical abilities will be increased (except for those dependent on strength))).

As you get older you get more experienced, you know how to use chakra more, or rather, mould chakra.

This is linking to one of NinjaMirage's maaaaaany topics but chakra is made by both physical and mental energy. Granted, you'd physically decline as you get older, but you almost definitely mentally grow.
For the sake of balance, plox let older peeps have more charkas