Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64353
Latest: Bruceraw
New This Month: 222
New This Week: 58
New Today: 9
Stats
Total Posts: 75627
Total Topics: 21548
Most Online Today: 1265
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1051
Total: 1066

Author Topic: Poison Ideas  (Read 2040 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Poison Ideas
« on: November 21, 2016, 22:10:37 »
So I was thinking of this after talking about triad roots and thought it would be awesome if you could mix your own poisons.

But this would require a very large item pool
Fisrt the drug type
Cocane- suppress chakra regeneration
Heroine-popys supresses stamina regeneration
Marijuana -drains stamina dot effect
Mushrooms- drains chakra dot effect

Second the poison type
Snake- dot damage
Frog-stamina and chakra dot
Spider-dot health
Jellyfish-restics movement speed
Hemlock -dot health
Wormwood -dot stamina

Third the delivery system
Liquid -blood born
Gas- lungs obsorb
Powder-skin obsorbs

Then by mixing the required items depending on your skill you can get all or one of the effects.

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Re: Poison Ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 22:14:02 »
I like the idea of self made drugs. A large item pool will indeed be required in order for such ingredients to match and create a 'poison' or drugs as we know it. (Cocaine, Heroin etc..)
This links well with the idea of a black market, ghettos and drug trafficking. I feel like these drugs should temporarily greatly increase a users stats, and then significantly decrease them later on, making players weak and ultimately vulnerable like they would in the real world.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 00:54:34 »
agreed.
People can make their own toxins and venom. They could even be clan secrets!
(Imagining them drug mafs buying the secret recipes or hunting the clan down.. or fuck it.. the clan itself may form a cartel!)
Also.. for the mechanism of action. In real life poisons effect the body in two ways (I'm not talking about the drugs here... I'm talking about the killer ones)
One affects the brain and nervous system... slowly degenerating the neurons.. paralyzing you killing you slowly and painfully ,, they are called neurotoxins

while on the other hand for instant death, we have the hemotoxins which get into your blood stream and destroy your blood cells and fuck you up real quick.

talking about poisons... at the same time we should also be able to create antidotes for them. The knowledge of antidotes is what the med nins should have for sure. They could be conjured up from the same set of ingredients...
the difference?
its just like water will keep you hydrated while distlled water will give you a bad tummy... or Oxygen (O2) will help you survive while [ O ] (nascent oxygen) will burn your lungs.
Thats all
thenks
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 00:56:45 by Toratsume Nyshn »

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 11:49:14 »
agreed.
(Imagining them drug mafs buying the secret recipes or hunting the clan down.. or fuck it.. the clan itself may form a cartel!)
Also.. for the mechanism of action. In real life poisons effect the body in two ways (I'm not talking about the drugs here... I'm talking about the killer ones)
One affects the brain and nervous system... slowly degenerating the neurons.. paralyzing you killing you slowly and painfully ,, they are called neurotoxins

while on the other hand for instant death, we have the hemotoxins which get into your blood stream and destroy your blood cells and fuck you up real quick.

talking about poisons... at the same time we should also be able to create antidotes for them. The knowledge of antidotes is what the med nins should have for sure. They could be conjured up from the same set of ingredients...
the difference?
its just like water will keep you hydrated while distlled water will give you a bad tummy... or Oxygen (O2) will help you survive while [ O ] (nascent oxygen) will burn your lungs.
Thats all
thenks
Everthing about this ^ is genius..+rep
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Manuster

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 12:25:29 »
agreed.

the difference?
Thats all
thenks

The idea of antidotes does give this another dimension. If drugs can be sold, then what says antidotes can't either? It may lead to a group blackmailing a village for money at the threat of releasing a deadly virus amongst the population. (Very Hollywood I know but it's just an example, albeit extreme)
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 17:37:22 »
Poisons and biological infectuse weapons  are 2 very different things. We should avoide bacteria born toxins... and stick to animal, herbal and mineral born toxins.

That should cover the basic geography of all the villages.
Mineral toxins for
 Metal
 Volcano
 Hill
 Dust

Herbal toxins
 Forest
 Shockwave
 Snow
 Inferno

Animal toxins
 The remaining 4 can't think of them now LOL

In any case the root ingredient should be tied to a village so that figuring out what antidote to use that will get the best results is posable. For the sake of medical ninja.

If this is done right we could even make the wrong antidote make the poisons worse. Adding another level of realism to the game.
And  another level of imerstion to the medical ninjas game play. They would actually need to mesmerize and reference the poisons and what works against them.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 17:54:34 by NinjaMirage »