Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64346
Latest: Zonai_Cat
New This Month: 215
New This Week: 51
New Today: 7
Stats
Total Posts: 75584
Total Topics: 21512
Most Online Today: 1375
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 1292
Total: 1307
Davidxsz
Robxsa
aditirajput797
EdithSoure
Davidhtd
Robzpa
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (7)

Author Topic: Not more of a suggestion,but an overall critique.(and a few suggestions)  (Read 7938 times)

Offline Togopun

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Togopun has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Hi,i have played this and the home page lied to me.This is not a MMORPG,this is an arena fighter,and arena fighter with poorly made controls that will never go throught with newbies and will make them turn away from the game.the only ones that play this are probably people who have never heard of other naruto games.Now this isnt a bash against this project,i wish it a lot of succsess but,you have to implement the MMORPG aspect first at the least.

Ok those are my first thoughts about the game,now ill go into detail.(Now i know this is a pre alpha blah blah blah,but the main points they want to show us just isnt there.)

The Controls:
My main issue is with the speed adjustment,its unintuitive as hell,it couldve easely been two buttons or even a momentum based system with chakra addition to speed up.i think it should be a momentum based speed system where you can press a button to add chakra and go faster,instead of just holdin shift and then using the mouse while running in a random direction and being a running duck.The other parts were fine,i liked how high and fast the jumps where,i  would like for there to be two types of jumps(A long jump and a jump for height)but this might be just my nitpicking.The way to attack in meele,hooooooo boy its a strange one,it just wont let me,and even if it will,its just useless,people can easealy evade it as there is no stagger,same goes for kenjutsu,if you would make any sort of meele there should be stagger,and with that there would need to be a substituition jutsu,but im going itno combat right here.overall those are all the ones i had problems with in the controls section,now onto the gameplay.

The Gameplay
Hoooo boy now this one is a doozey.I actually bealive this has a really good future,of course if they make it an actual MMORPG,and not a fucking arena deathmatch thingy.If somethign this is what a MMORPG stands for:Massivly Multiplayer Online Role playing game.That means a big ass map,NPC,Enemy npc,levels and etc.and even if this is a pre-alpha,then just say its a tech demo for an MMORPG.
But i would like to go into how they could improve the gameplay,Number one,MAKE IT AN MMORPG,number two would be to add water,water walking,ability to charge chakra,and maybe if they actually make it a MMORPG and in a alpha or a  beta realease,a randomized element selection,wich could include kekkei genkai elements.(for example you could be lucky and be born with water an earth giving you in late game wood)then there should be NPC.Missions,monsters,just to talk NPC and all that good stuff.i really would like for this to be an MMORPG,something of dragon ball online sorts,but wiht a hint of RP.this should be all in for gameplay.Please make this a thing,this could be a revolutionary free game for the internet!

The Fighting
Non-existant.All you do is either spam fireball or raikiri.and about raikiri,it should home in,something like the one in shinobi striker,so it would be more effective and fun to use,but it will drain a lot of chakra and leave you open for attacks when it connects(attacks from either your enemies teammates or other rogue ninja).the fireball is jut flame breath,and it should be aimable,like you should aim with your torso but with your cursor,or make  fireball jutsu,where you stop dead in your tracks for half or a second and fire out a semi homing fireball with AOE and fire effect.The wind bullets suck ass,they should be a sort of homing mini pellet that you use when your low on chakra and need a bit of chip damage,earht wall and earth dome sucks ass,dome should be just get ridden of and the wall could be used as a countermeasure for fireballs or some other ranged techniques,an it could be done with a quciktime event of sorts(for example pressing  two buttons together extremely fast,same thing could go to substituition but wiht three or even one button.)and then it will come up and block it,but it will get destroyed and youll use up some chakra.then i should go on about the meele and kenjutsu,WICH IS ABSOLUTE SHEIT.for meele they can make it so it staggers you and you could make a combo,same goes for the sword,there should be big differences between those two,for example make it so the sword focues on much more heavy/one hit centric moves while the basic meele is a combo driven style.and this is for the future note,how will the sharingan work?I thin it should givfe a passive where you can dodge any damage or maybe just meele with a 20-30-40% chance.The buyakugan could be the same thing but with jutsu,and having a static 35% chance(or 25%).

Now to wrap this hot mess up.I feel like they shouldve post poned the realease of this game,until they made the MMORPG aspect a thing,they couldve just had a few missions a boss or something and realesed it as a sort of tech demo and a proof of concept,and then kept piling on the updates,but it just came out as a sort of unfinished blob of unkown.this can be easealy improved if you make it a MMORPG,and add a bit more movement options(this is optional,exept the long jump)and at the same time adding a better map,maybe a small konoha of sorts,where you can jump around strom 1 style.In controls i would give it a 3/10,it has a few cool things like how the speed is adjustable,but how it is adjustable and how unresponsive it is just makes it bad.In gameplay ill give it 4/10,there is some stuff that can work out,but they should elaborate on it more,make it a lot more fun to use and not overcomplicated,so they have more room to make the MMORPG aspect.Combat will go to  5/10,it has a lot of things it can be worked on,and needs to be worked on,but the path is set into a good path.and an overall will be a 6/10,this game can be revolutionary,but the devs are forgetting many things they need to do.
wait are they even working on this game anymore?
i really hope they are and they will listen to atleast some of my critique.

P.S if you want to realese a alpha of a MMORPG,first make the MMORPG aspect,and then realease it cause this is just blatant lying.

Edit:I just saw a bit more into the forums,and if people want,this can just become a forum based RP thing,the games wants to be rp but cant be beacuse of all that.first the people should want the gameplay and then the RP.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:36:16 by Togopun »

• Character Name: Broken

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
I wish you did a little more research before actually typing all of this.
Whilst the critique might be right if you look at it from just one close minded perspective, as you judged it as if it were the final product (MMORPG).
In no way does this stage resemble the final product.
If you paid a bit more attention you would've seen the "Pre-Alpha"
In case you have no clue what it means:

The most important part being the "Developers are usually still deciding on what features the program should have at this stage of software development. This stage comes before the alpha version, and is the first software development stage given to a program."
The only reason the pre-alpha version is playable is so that people can get an idea of the way the devs want to do this.
And so that it isn't just a forum based project (as is the case with some other side project indies).

Whilst I do agree that the mechanics / content is lacking at this point, I don't mind it as that is to be expected from a "pre-alpha" version.

Now to 'your' suggestions:
I feel like I have to say it before you don't understand: Things will be updated, nothing is final.
Most of the fighting suggestions that you've listed have either already been talked about, been confirmed or denied.
Several of the suggestions you've given are more for the later stages (closer to the final release) rather than an alpha stage.
For next time I suggest that you use the search function which can be found on the top navigation bar, to see if whatever you want to talk about whether it is a suggestion or anything else was already talked about.

Now to a tip:
If you want to critique a project, it'll be received better if you don't type it angrily.
As you repeatedly calling the devs liars and such for listing what they want to do with this project and it not being in the "pre-alpha" stage.

TL;DR:
You should do more research before typing a book of critique about things that are wrong with the "game" that isn't even close to being done whilst still judging as if it were.
You should use the search function to see if your suggestions have already been talked about.
And probably the most important: You shouldn't type it so angrily, as people would be more understanding for faults if you explain it to them in a kind manner.

In this case you're pointing out flaws that have already been discussed, or aren't even that relevant at this point in a quite offensive manner.

Whether you stay or check back at a later stage is up to you.

this was my personal reply.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:00:06 by Nova »

Offline Manuster

i want vreg to read this just to smite this nibba's ass

especially the part about the speed adjustment - its ironically probably the most intuitive thing about the controls
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
especially the part about the speed adjustment - its ironically probably the most intuitive thing about the controls

I really don't see what some people dislike about the speed-rate...seems odd at first, yes, but it's extremely easy to get used to.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Togopun

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Togopun has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Thanks,everyone i learned something today.but i still have a problem with the speed adjustment,and the main thing that its not fun to play to me,ill try to follow this project until at the least alpha and see where it will go in terms of fun for me,and also the problem for me with the speed adjustemnts is  that im on laptop,and im too lazy to buy normal mouse because i dont have basic desk.
And not that i have taken a bit of a closer look at the comminty i want to join lol.
if something ill be the punching bag :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 18:10:29 by Togopun »
  • Character Name: Broken

Offline Manuster

Thanks,everyone i learned something today.but i still have a problem with the speed adjustment,and the main thing that its not fun to play to me,ill try to follow this project until at the least alpha and see where it will go in terms of fun for me,and also the problem for me with the speed adjustemnts is  that im on laptop,and im too lazy to buy normal mouse because i dont have basic desk.
And not that i have taken a bit of a closer look at the comminty i want to join lol.

As one punching bag to another I welcome you.

ProTip: Try getting your postcount up as fast as possible, it's the easiest way to get people here to respect you.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline DMKEric

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • DMKEric has no influence.
  • Killin
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Clowns

As one punching bag to another I welcome you.

ProTip: Try getting your postcount up as fast as possible, it's the easiest way to get people here to respect you.

you also need a huge signature

Offline takami

• Chunin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • takami has no influence.
  • ↑↑↑
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization:
    Yoru
ye boi join us, we r cool, except manuster
have fun

Offline SirTroll

This is my first post in about 6 months, just to say
hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boy

Welcome to the community, don't worry about people seemingly disliking you, I can't think of a way to be worse than takumi - so you're safe for now.
The game gets regular (lUl) updates which may address the issues you are having, but the speed system works well as it is much easier to fine tune your speed and the rate you change your speed can be different based on how fast you move your mouse.