Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64681
Latest: KingGoonie
New This Month: 202
New This Week: 24
New Today: 24
Stats
Total Posts: 78682
Total Topics: 23664
Most Online Today: 1382
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1133
Total: 1144

Author Topic: Chakra Drain/Regen  (Read 3487 times)

Offline Devilfox

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Devilfox has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Shinra Tensei
Chakra Drain/Regen
« on: July 18, 2015, 19:45:25 »
Post all chakra drain / regen posts here.

• Character Name: Devilfox

Offline Devilfox

• Academy Student Poster
  • Devilfox has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Shinra Tensei
Re: Chakra Drain/Regen
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 19:47:25 »
Personally, I think that the chakra drain should be 0 for being in jutsu mode while preparing a channeled jutsu ( fire breath not draining while not being cast ).
Also, Chidori should be a fixed amount drained on use or creation, returning a bit when cancelled.

Might be a good idea for separate bars for stamina and chakra, because this is ridiculous.

Gods should be draining, but not instakilling that chakra bar as you'll need evasive actions in order to kill or get away.
  • Character Name: Devilfox

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 10:36:14 »

Might be a good idea for separate bars for stamina and chakra, because this is ridiculous.

I agree with this.
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 16:14:45 »

I agree with this.

I also agree
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 18:06:45 »
You guys are making no sense, if there was a stamina bar you would complain about running out of stamina.

In fact, there will be a stamina bar in the future but the physical activities that consume chakra right now are supposed to consume chakra because they surpass the normal human limits. Right now I can understand the confusion though, because there is no visible feedback of chakra usage when performing these activities, but very soon you will see blue chakra leakage whenever you run above 50 km/h and whenever you jump high.

Regarding the chakra consumption for jutsu, each jutsu has an individual consumption for holding and for using. Not distinguishing between these two is not logical. Real-life scenario: imagine jogging to warm up and subsequently sprinting, do you think you would consume the same amount of energy for both? No, sprinting would burn up more carbohydrates.

As I've mentioned earlier, each jutsu has a very individual consumption for both of the aforementioned parameters. Holding a chidori in your hand consumes a lot more chakra than being ready to initiate fire breath, henceforth the idling chakra drain of a chidori will visibly reduce your chakra bar. However, the idling chakra drain for being ready to initiate fire breath will only visibly make chakra recharge slower, it will not make it drain because the idling consumption rate for fire breath is actually smaller than the regular rate at which chakra recharges.

It is also possible to configure a jutsu to have no idling chakra consumption, but this is highly unrealistic because every (or rather most) jutsu requires preparation, and this preparation phase consumes chakra albeit much less than the actual attack.

Finally, GLT is a jutsu that is capable to do 600 damage (3x the damage of a Chidori). GLT also has a speed coefficient of 0.5, which means that if you were to hit someone at full speed, you would do 150% of damage or a total of 900 damage. This means that hitting someone at full speed with GLT will reduce 90% of their total health, an extremely powerful jutsu in other words. Something as powerful as GLT needs to come at a price, this price is both a high chakra consumption rate for idling with it and a high chakra consumption for using it.

Needless to say that all of the current jutsu are for testing purposes only.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 10:25:16 »
You guys are making no sense, if there was a stamina bar you would complain about running out of stamina.

In fact, there will be a stamina bar in the future but the physical activities that consume chakra right now are supposed to consume chakra because they surpass the normal human limits. Right now I can understand the confusion though, because there is no visible feedback of chakra usage when performing these activities, but very soon you will see blue chakra leakage whenever you run above 50 km/h and whenever you jump high.

Regarding the chakra consumption for jutsu, each jutsu has an individual consumption for holding and for using. Not distinguishing between these two is not logical. Real-life scenario: imagine jogging to warm up and subsequently sprinting, do you think you would consume the same amount of energy for both? No, sprinting would burn up more carbohydrates.

As I've mentioned earlier, each jutsu has a very individual consumption for both of the aforementioned parameters. Holding a chidori in your hand consumes a lot more chakra than being ready to initiate fire breath, henceforth the idling chakra drain of a chidori will visibly reduce your chakra bar. However, the idling chakra drain for being ready to initiate fire breath will only visibly make chakra recharge slower, it will not make it drain because the idling consumption rate for fire breath is actually smaller than the regular rate at which chakra recharges.

It is also possible to configure a jutsu to have no idling chakra consumption, but this is highly unrealistic because every (or rather most) jutsu requires preparation, and this preparation phase consumes chakra albeit much less than the actual attack.

Finally, GLT is a jutsu that is capable to do 600 damage (3x the damage of a Chidori). GLT also has a speed coefficient of 0.5, which means that if you were to hit someone at full speed, you would do 150% of damage or a total of 900 damage. This means that hitting someone at full speed with GLT will reduce 90% of their total health, an extremely powerful jutsu in other words. Something as powerful as GLT needs to come at a price, this price is both a high chakra consumption rate for idling with it and a high chakra consumption for using it.

Needless to say that all of the current jutsu are for testing purposes only.

I see, my mistake
  • Character Name: Dawg