Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64069
Latest: Michailvdx
New This Month: 4162
New This Week: 128
New Today: 20
Stats
Total Posts: 73922
Total Topics: 20770
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 841
Total: 850
Kyliebob
Google (8)

Author Topic: Would a Player Run Economy Work?  (Read 9660 times)

Offline mattaleks

• Texture Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • mattaleks has no influence.
  • eh
    • View Profile
  • Clan: The Sabaku Kuchikomi

Re: Would a Player Run Economy Work?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 22:33:58 »
Looks like a job for the police force, items mailed from different villages can be stamped
  • Character Name: Matt

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 01:06:00 »
Yes but I Agee that player delivery is a good way to keep missions running. It would be nice to have missions that are not designed to be combate oriented.

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 05:40:40 »
A compromise is a good idea to make both sides happy but in this case,i dont see why a auction house has to be in the game if it works without them too.
The game will be a sandbox with not so many npc,s.
The player interaction will be very important so i dont see why a local black market should fit in.
A local black market can work if people decide to run it manually,and send out the items they are selling by themself,no need to make it automatic.
That would be a excuse for people to be lazy or not get into a conversation with the traders.
The compromise,is that there even is such a thing like a mailbox(there is no one who delivers letters but.....).
I can see there is a reason for that and everything.
But a auction house should only be added,if its needed.
We could consider it,but we should wait first,and see if the trading system works fine without it or not.

Another compromise would be,that players can set up a shop while going afk,like matt wrote.
People would still have to get close to the shop and they will only see the items that this 1 shop has to offer.
They might also be able to get into a conversation if the other player isnt afk.

But a auction house would make people lazy and less social.
Thats why i think it shouldnt be in the game,unless its needed because merchants are never there or because there are not many people who are interested in trading.

PS:I really like the idea of the police force.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 05:46:13 by Tameshi Hinode »
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 12:16:38 »
I would like to think people would be willing to make the economic interest of the game a priority in there game play... but I just don't think they will be willing to do it. Some people might want to play the game for this reason only but I doubt the majority will.

Remember this is a game not a substitution for real life. There is plenty options for social interaction in missions and diplomatic events.
If social interaction is the only objection to a auction type market then I would say a stable economy is more important.

Just my opinion.

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 13:12:44 »
The majority isnt even needed.
Players who focus on trading,are a minority in mmo,s.
You dont need a lot of merchants,too many of them wouldnt be realistic,and it wouldnt be good for the merchants aswell,because then you would have more merchants than customers.

Im aware that this isnt RL.
But the game aims to be realistic(as much as that is possible in a naruto inspired world)and thats why a auction house shouldnt exist.
There are other ways to socialize,yes.
But why not create even more ways of doing that?
It also doesnt go along well with the rest of the game.
Combat will be hard,wars will be meaningful,travelling alone is risky and can get you killed(and death in SLO is harsh).....and then,you have a auction house where you can easily sell your stuff without doing anything?

If social interaction is the only objection to a auction type market then I would say a stable economy is more important.

Why not have both?
A auction house is not needed to achieve this.
A auction house is only needed if there is no other way,and i have yet to be convienced,that there really IS no other way.
One of my friends for example,is totally interested in trading and he avoids combat when possible.
There are more people like that.
Yes,they are a minority,but thats totally fine,traders are supposed to be a minority.
There is also just 1 kage per village.
If there is no auction house,people have to make contact with each other and actually get to know the other members of the village.
Also,with matts idea,trading wouldnt be too difficult anyway.
Even people who are not into trading that much,can simply open up their little market stand while they are going AFK.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 13:16:46 by Tameshi Hinode »
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline mattaleks

• Texture Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • mattaleks has no influence.
  • eh
    • View Profile
  • Clan: The Sabaku Kuchikomi

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 14:54:14 »
Idk I feel like auction houses take all the fun away from trading/marketing. I rather go around and see what people have to offer rather then seeing all the items in the game and buying whatever i want for the lowest price. People play mmos just because of the market, its another way to play the game.
  • Character Name: Matt

Offline HavvicGames

• Chunin Poster
  • HavvicGames has no influence.
  • Got no quotes
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kamakiri
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 16:06:36 »
Idk I feel like auction houses take all the fun away from trading/marketing. I rather go around and see what people have to offer rather then seeing all the items in the game and buying whatever i want for the lowest price. People play mmos just because of the market, its another way to play the game.
It should be like eve online (stations would be villages). Basically completely player run and stations would ofc be villages.
  • Character Name: Kamakiri Mikachi