Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64061
Latest: Julidio
New This Month: 4154
New This Week: 120
New Today: 27
Stats
Total Posts: 73874
Total Topics: 20753
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 836
Total: 849

Author Topic: Few asks :d  (Read 15099 times)

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: Few asks :d
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 02:29:41 »
Well, from what I've gathered, you'd have to be a very persuasive shinobi to pull that off *within the boundaries of a Village* -- however, I suspect the biggest gambit would be robbing the corpses or bodies of the dead and dying in the Permadeath zones located along each of the Villages' borders; I imagine there'll be plenty of 'Jackal Squads' out to poach kills or tag singular targets...perhaps even full-time border operators who expect a modest fee from the village they're from (even stateless mercenaries could perform a role like this -- but again, the risks might often be higher than the rewards, especially if you don't have a good source to sell your recently acquired goods to).
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline gevanei

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gevanei has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 03:11:17 »
Well, what if I wanted to mug some civilians? Would I be able to?
Mug civilians that would be a crime, a shinobi is a job basically you are apart of the military made to protect your people of your village and depending on the village committing crimes may be punishable by death, now the question your asking is will you be able to, simple answer yes you may not have a mugging system or any of those unnecessary stuff but you could rp mugging someone anytime because I mean rp is like living it
  • Character Name: Hashi

Offline Manuster

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 07:35:48 »
Vreg said it will be possible to steal from other shinobi. He added that it will alo be possible to be caught doing so - I'm guessing an extension of the 'spider senses' that some shinobi conveniently display in the show. As to how it will work, ofc, I have no idea.

As for killing the Kage

*sigh*

It will be impossible in his office. UNLESS you somehow manage to incapacitate every single NPC police shinobi, every single village affiliated shinobi, you manage to knock out the Kage, take him to a perma death zone and THEN kill him.

(Ignoring the fact that whenever you knock out any of the aforementioned in THEIR OWN VILLAGE, they simply respawn at their hospital. And then go back...and fight you.
Whereas you and anyone assisting you will respan hours away in your own village)

So in a roundabout way, it will be possible to kill the Kage from his office, as long as you have about 3-4 times the amount of shinobi and police that the village have.

And yes, you will need alot of shinobi for it. This game is skill-based, before it is stat-based. Usain Bolt may be the fastest human in the world, but he is not 2x as fast as the average human being. By the same logic, the best player in the world may not be able to kill 2 average shinobi on his own.

I say may because I do not know as to what extent skills will separate individuals. Currently, it may be possible, but that is because there is not a jutsu that suits everybody's style of play.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:42:41 by Manuster »
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline TheStylee

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • TheStylee has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Blackbox
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 09:43:45 »
Im glad that the topic sparked discussions and thank you devs for the fast answers.I'd like to hear more questions and more answers between players and the devs.Keep goin' ^^
  • Character Name: TheStylee

Offline gevanei

• Genin Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 16:35:12 »
Vreg said it will be possible to steal from other shinobi. He added that it will alo be possible to be caught doing so - I'm guessing an extension of the 'spider senses' that some shinobi conveniently display in the show. As to how it will work, ofc, I have no idea.

As for killing the Kage

*sigh*

It will be impossible in his office. UNLESS you somehow manage to incapacitate every single NPC police shinobi, every single village affiliated shinobi, you manage to knock out the Kage, take him to a perma death zone and THEN kill him.

(Ignoring the fact that whenever you knock out any of the aforementioned in THEIR OWN VILLAGE, they simply respawn at their hospital. And then go back...and fight you.
Whereas you and anyone assisting you will respan hours away in your own village)

So in a roundabout way, it will be possible to kill the Kage from his office, as long as you have about 3-4 times the amount of shinobi and police that the village have.

And yes, you will need alot of shinobi for it. This game is skill-based, before it is stat-based. Usain Bolt may be the fastest human in the world, but he is not 2x as fast as the average human being. By the same logic, the best player in the world may not be able to kill 2 average shinobi on his own.

I say may because I do not know as to what extent skills will separate individuals. Currently, it may be possible, but that is because there is not a jutsu that suits everybody's style of play.

The way you just described it, makes the game seem solo pvp or pve based, aren't things like killing and knocking out be done through rp, better yet shouldn't it be done by rp

Offline TheStylee

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 16:58:56 »

As for killing the Kage

*sigh*

The way you just described it, makes the game seem solo pvp or pve based, aren't things like killing and knocking out be done through rp, better yet shouldn't it be done by rp
Not really.Well,is true that the pvp with the npc's shock me too( LOL ) but beating the crap out of the kage than dragginh him out the village sounds resonable.
Stupid AF the mechanic of GTA ,when u kill some1 to get respawned right after in hospital,but tho.

@mattaleks :As Manu said,it's sounds verry optimistic.Btw,you mean a  real life day or a SLO day?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 17:00:27 by TheStylee »

Offline adithya

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 17:55:23 »
Killing someone in a village won't automatically send them to the hospital. Their body will be around long enough to be ransacked. i,e., you'll be able to steal from the unconscious shinobi that you've 'killed' inside the village walls.

And I'm pretty sure it's going to be 24 hours irl, because that's the quality SLO has been aiming for. (though I'm pretty sure they will change their objective if they don't have the resources to do so)

But, I ain't a dev, so @mattaleks irl days or ingame days?

If ingame, how does the timing differ?

Offline mattaleks

• Texture Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • mattaleks has no influence.
  • eh
    • View Profile
  • Clan: The Sabaku Kuchikomi

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 20:28:48 »
We will most likely have a 24hr day/night cycle so yeah rl days. The map can be endless with procedural generation   
  • Character Name: Matt

Offline Manuster

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 20:42:03 »
We will most likely have a 24hr day/night cycle so yeah rl days. The map can be endless with procedural generation   

endless you say?

so with the oceans surrounding the slo continent...im assuming one can just....go
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Orcellie

• Academy Student Poster
  • Orcellie has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 02:34:12 »

endless you say?

so with the oceans surrounding the slo continent...im assuming one can just....go

An endless map isn't realistic though, is it? Unless, the oceans lead into oblivion or something.
  • Character Name: Masaru Katayama
Well, hello there.

Offline gevanei

• Genin Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 03:43:25 »

endless you say?

An endless map isn't realistic though, is it? Unless, the oceans lead into oblivion or something.
An endless map is not unrealistic but in a gaming environment it's very, considering beyond the maps of the villages their would be knowing but landscape other than the stress to your gpu and cpu it would make no sense to even have it

Offline TheStylee

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 07:33:59 »

endless you say?

An endless map is not unrealistic but in a gaming environment it's very, considering beyond the maps of the villages their would be knowing but landscape other than the stress to your gpu and cpu it would make no sense to even have it
Matt,probably,said that he can make the map be as long as he wish with the procedual generation,but it will be limited by ocean .You can see that on the official map:

As it looks like,the massive world that everyone is looking for is verry possible,not just optimistic.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:21:24 by TheStylee »

Offline Orcellie

• Academy Student Poster
  • Orcellie has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 09:35:22 »
As matt said, the map is going to be huge. Would there be randomly generated wilderness, random travelilng NPCs, stuff like that?
  • Character Name: Masaru Katayama
Well, hello there.

Offline TheStylee

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 09:37:06 »
As matt said, the map is going to be huge. Would there be randomly generated wilderness, random travelilng NPCs, stuff like that?
Im also curious about that.Sings,specific details,random small villages for travelers?Do you have a goal/ideea about it?
@mattaleks

Offline mattaleks

• Texture Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • mattaleks has no influence.
  • eh
    • View Profile
  • Clan: The Sabaku Kuchikomi

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 14:16:09 »
There will be villages, settlements, buildings, caves, dungeons and all that fun stuff outside of the main villages. The procedural generation is used just to place terrain, trees, rocks & water. Ill also do more in depth designs to the world since it wont be endless, that was just an example.
  • Character Name: Matt