Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64064
Latest: Vilianaptp
New This Month: 4157
New This Week: 123
New Today: 28
Stats
Total Posts: 73884
Total Topics: 20756
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 823
Total: 833
Seo-Ul-nor
Google (9)

Author Topic: The Battle of Yoake Hill - Chapter 3  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

The Battle of Yoake Hill - Chapter 3
« on: December 20, 2016, 22:30:15 »
Welcome!
VERY IMPORTANT PLS READ: This does not relate to this chapter or the next few, but the world that I have created here is perhaps different from some world you may have seen in some stories (like in americas stories e.g.) : I have imagined hidden villages to be quite small, and not have that many good high quality, active shinobi. There are no actual armies like in the 4th shinobi war (which was unrealistic:
Spoiler: show
where did the leaf pull that many shinobi from? Their ass? If each year the academy produces an average of 10 shinobi (the Konoha eleven had one team from a year before) and the anbu a few more, the whole army should have tops 550 people and in the anime they had like 10 000 wtf???)
or in one of Americas stories: everything is on a much smaller scale: please remember this. Thank you for any of your attention.

tl;dr the world I'm creating is smaller than the Naruto one and does not have large armies.

READ UNTIL AROUND THE END FOR A SICK PUN

CHAPTER 3 

Last time: Diamond Lee arrives on the scene, finding wounded thunder shinobi. The mysterious man goes deeper into the hill as Lee decides to go in to investigate.
https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2858.0

27 October, Year 1567 of the new calendar

The Hidden Snow Village

1650 Hours Yoake Hill Time 1150 Hours Hidden Snow Time

A burning plain, bodies strewn all around. Smoke and fire, rising from hills in the distance. Unbearable heat. Foggy air. A man covered in lava, raising his hands to the heavens. One in blue and black, sending wave after wave of cold water towards the  burning man. Then decapitated by a warrior with a scythe. A child kneeling on the ground. A statue of a man made of stone, lying on the ground. Energy emanating from the man covered in magma, destroying objects in its path. A blond man with a sword being ripped apart by the power, his cigarette falling to the ground but kept lit by the heat in the air.

Kamakiri Gin jolted awake, beads of sweat on his forehead. He looked left and right in the near darkness of his shuttered room, searching for his sword and armor hanging from the wall. "Calm yourself, just a dream". He told himself, attempting to steady his heart rate.

What an immersive dream that had been.

He could almost still feel the heat scorching his cheeks, and if he closed his eyes, he could almost see the afterimage branded into his retina by the fires.

"Some say that dreams sometimes have a prophetic quality." Mused Gin aloud, running a hand through his fair hair. "However, I do not believe in that." He said gravely, to himself still.

However, he knew that a main reason he was saying this to himself was because this dream had seriously spooked him.

He opened his windows, the clear morning light coming through the glass, as snowflakes danced slowly through the air. Everything was calm, outside.
••••••••••••

In a clearing in a valley near Yoake Hill

1645 Hours

Izumi stretched out, looking in contentment at the finished tent in front of him. This was going to be his base for the next week. He had decided to take a break from the admistrative part of leading Iryo Buntai and go back out to the field and collect medicinal plants while being ready to answer any calls for help in the area. He liked to do this, a simple medics' work, and he was relieved to have a break from the organizing and administrative leadership of the medical organization.

The Hidden Dust native walked towards the nearest cluster of bushes, looking for a bouquet of Echinacea. As he hopped onto a log to get a better field of vision to hopefully spot the blooming purple petals of the flower, he noticed something in the sky. "Could it be?" Was that an Iryo Buntai emergency flare? He peered at the horizon, where he thought he could make out a small blob of green smoke. If that was truly a flare, according to the color it had been launched by a shinobi, signaling a critical case or death. "
"How strange. Has there been an altercation between villages?" Wondered Izumi aloud, running a hand through his short brown hair. Also, there were no villages or settlements in the area where the flare was coming from, so it couldn't have been an attack on a a store by a rogue, which was actually a common occurrence in these parts.

"It's my duty to check this out." Izumi declared to the tree in front of him. He hurried back to his tent, grabbed his first aid kit, and then started jogging in the direction of the blot in the otherwise clear blue sky.
••••••
Yoake Hill
1640 Hours

Diamond Himitsu Lee trotted through the near darkness, his eyes accustoming to the low levels of light. It had been a few minutes since he had entered the hole in the hill, and so far, he had seen or found nothing.

He could tell that the passage was sloping down gently. Currently, the height of the passage was about three meters, he estimated, and perhaps about the same in width. However, it was narrowing fast.

He did not dare sprint, as there might be traps. "The dead guy had said the bombs were hidden in ... gloves right?" wondered Lee to himself. " Maybe there are some in that cloak right there. That cloak!! " Lee stopped in his tracks. A few steps away, lay a discarded cloak embroidered with red flames. "Huh, kinda like mine, but less cool." Remarked the adventurer. This was definite proof that someone was down here. He couldn't see anything else around, so it most probably had been put there on purpose. There were also no wires in sight, so hopefully any explosives in this cloak were simply detonated by pressure. However, he could not trust his eyes as the darkness was almost nearly absolute. Lee had a gut feeling the bombs were in the coat and that was all there was to it, but got feelings were sometimes wrong. "Ah, whatever, it's just me involved here." Thought Lee. "Well, let's try jumping over and see what happens, eh."

Lee took a deep breath, took a few quick strides forwards, and jumped over the cloak.
•••••••••

Deeper in Yoake Hill
1641 Hours

When the dark-skinned man heard his second trap go off, he did not react. He only ever so slightly quickened his pace. He could see that he had almost reached the bottom of the stairs. He was too close to his goal to fail. He felt it. Even if he had to fight before he reached the bottom, he would win. He had to.
•••••••••
Inside Yoake Hill
1642 Hours

Diamond Lee trotted away from the crater where the cloak had been, quite happy with himself.

After having jumped over, he had thrown some rubble at the cloak from a safe distance. He had done this because of his combined desires of wanting to trick whoever was deeper in the hill to believe they had destroyed their pursuer, and because, he wanted to see an explosion.

He was now no longer in the passage created by the explosion: the walls were made out of carved stone blocks and he was going down a broad staircase. "What was this? An abandonned temple? Lee did not recall learning anything about a temple under the worn out face. "Perhaps this is burial place, but if it was he must have a hell of an important guy..." Thought Lee.  "Maybe someone is after a treasure here. No time to think! Gotta go fast!"

As he descended the stairs, he began to distinguish a dim orange glow coming from below. Then, as the glow grew stronger and stronger, he started feeling another chakra down in the stairs. This was it: this is what he was looking for! There was someone down here, and he was 99% that they were responsible for setting the traps that had injured and killed the Thunder shinobi.

Lee started sprinting down the stairs, throwing caution out the window. He had to figure out what was happening here. "This could be serious." Diamond mentally exclaimed. "Perhaps Shinobi Lives are On the Line!"
•••••••••
Inside Yoake Hill
1645 Hours

The dark-skinned man, turned around, feeling another chakra coming down the stairs at a fast pace. He reached into a pouch around his waist, grabbed a kunai, and got ready for battle.

••••••••••••
The End of Chapta 3 o

Well I hope everyone liked it. Before anyone asks, I'm sorry the fight scene isn't here!!! I just keep underestimating the amount of words I need to say something, and so I've been saying it's coming for a while now, but it will most probably be next chapter, I don't see how it could not be, now. Please place any comments and criticism in the replies to the the thread, as always. Idk who actually reads each chapter in its entirety and follows the plot, but it there's anyone out there like that, then thank you very much. That'll be it for today!

CONTEST: WHOEVER CAN FIND THE DANK PUN I MADE AND/OR THE DANK MEME REFERENCE GETS A +REP FROM YOURS TRULY FOR DANKNESS

Diamond Lee out!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 22:50:25 by Diamond Lee »

Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
Re: The Battle of Yoake Hill - Chapter 3
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 22:51:13 »
"Perhaps Shinobi Lives are On the Line!"
this?
Anyways I'm following your story!
and it is going good so far. did expect a battle but nvm... gj

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 23:10:26 »
Good story, nice pun, very nice. gj
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 23:12:38 »
"Perhaps Shinobi Lives are On the Line!"
this?
Anyways I'm following your story!
and it is going good so far. did expect a battle but nvm... gj
that's one.now for the dank meme reference it's a bit hard to find.  I apologize for the lack of battle again, it was a bad estimation on my part

-lethal dankness

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 02:40:39 »
Gotta Go Fast!

Noone misses a meme that dank.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 02:45:38 by mamita »

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 12:20:03 »
Gotta Go Fast!

Noone misses a meme that dank.

YES <3

-lethal dankness

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 13:12:28 »
Then decapitated by a warrior with a scythe.

How many people actually use a scythe?
I know that I'm one of them, but I don't think that I would be the one to do that.

Anyways, nice story, can't wait for the actual battle ^.^

Offline adithya

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 13:49:35 »
Damn, nice fucking chapter m8. TBH i think I log onto SLO only to check your story and the game updates xD

Offline Manuster

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 03:32:19 »
Then decapitated by a warrior with a scythe.

How many people actually use a scythe?
I know that I'm one of them, but I don't think that I would be the one to do that.

Anyways, nice story, can't wait for the actual battle ^.^

You are the only one, bar from some newbie who joined Himitsu a while back.

As for the story it's great work :p But not as good as mine :*
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun