Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64087
Latest: Antonsliny
New This Month: 4180
New This Week: 146
New Today: 21
Stats
Total Posts: 73950
Total Topics: 20798
Most Online Today: 1675
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1068
Total: 1075
Google (7)

Author Topic: Execution  (Read 5147 times)

Offline taigakun

Execution
« on: April 21, 2017, 18:17:16 »
I read this a particular thread and it gave me a thought.
Let's say there is a shinobi(who isn't rouge) but has been committing a series of crimes within the hidden village. We have of course been informed that jails are going to be a thing in this game, but that can' t be the only sentence/punishment there is for a offender can it? So i was wondering, will executions authorized by the kage be viable in SLO?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 18:24:35 by taigakun »

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
Re: Execution
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 20:29:30 »
Depends on the crimes.
But if the person has to get caught first and prison breaks would be possible,i think its a good idea.
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 21:00:15 »
So you're suggesting the idea of execution, huh?
I like the idea, but everything is up to the Kage and his advisers when it comes to legislation within the place of residence.

The Kage may or may not choose to enable execution within prison, and what would be even more impressive is if we had public execution like we did a few years back in standard human history.

But before those are toggled, the Kage must come to a decision as to which crimes are serious enough to be punished by death. What I strongly believe is that if a shinobi commits treason, they are automatically labelled 'Rogue', and if they have been caught by authorities, the Kage can then choose whether or not to put them on public or private execution.

One pro of public execution is that it acts as a deterrent to the civilians, warding them away from committing crimes in the future.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline taigakun

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 21:25:05 »
One pro of public execution is that it acts as a deterrent to the civilians, warding them away from committing crimes in the future.
True, showing players that the crimes they commit can bear serious consequences will probably make some think twice before doing anything that can be classified as illegal/against the law.

Offline IbukaiUchiha

• Academy Student Poster
  • IbukaiUchiha has no influence.
  • Never give up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 21:32:48 »
Execution is actually a really good idea. True, it would have to be completely up to the heads of the villages. What would happen, though, if the heads of the village were really bloodthirsty? A lot of people who might not need to die, would.
  • Character Name: Ibukai Uchiha

Offline taigakun

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 21:36:45 »
Execution is actually a really good idea. True, it would have to be completely up to the heads of the villages. What would happen, though, if the heads of the village were really bloodthirsty? A lot of people who might not need to die, would.
Well in scenarios like that i think the laws/rules should state clearly before hand what type of crimes can have an execution as a punishment, so that people who commit minor crimes don't get misjudged/mis-sentenced just because the kage is bloodthirsthy.

Offline IbukaiUchiha

• Academy Student Poster
  • IbukaiUchiha has no influence.
  • Never give up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 21:38:17 »
That would definitely work. Good balance of power, too. Saves a Kage like Danzo from coming into power :P
  • Character Name: Ibukai Uchiha

Offline adithya

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 22:37:38 »
This conflicts with the idea of having no perma death inside villages tho. Granted this idea would work and would be amazing, maybe there should be set times in villages, where perma death was active. During this period, the number of guard NPC would double?

This also gives the prisoner a chance to escape, should his allies come to help him.

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • Blazefp has no influence.
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 01:02:53 »
I think you're all overthinking this idea, Kage's deal with not just the economics of a village but also everything else including justice. They're the ones who should execute the players and should be the only ones to have a temporary permission to kill inside their village in these occasions. If they're bloodthirsty, too bad, go live in another village or go on a strike or whatever and suddenly the village starts losing ground to other villages.
In extreme cases if the Kage refuses to change his behavior the remaining people on that village can just plan a coup and swap the kage with a better one.
  • Character Name: Blazefp

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 01:07:28 »
So you're suggesting the idea of execution, huh?
I like the idea, but everything is up to the Kage and his advisers when it comes to legislation within the place of residence.

The Kage may or may not choose to enable execution within prison, and what would be even more impressive is if we had public execution like we did a few years back in standard human history.

But before those are toggled, the Kage must come to a decision as to which crimes are serious enough to be punished by death. What I strongly believe is that if a shinobi commits treason, they are automatically labelled 'Rogue', and if they have been caught by authorities, the Kage can then choose whether or not to put them on public or private execution.

While I do love the idea, I'm not sure how workable it is considering the fact that perma-deaths won't be a thing within the villages and if these executions were to be moved to actual death zones, it would be open season between rogues of all sorts and the law enforcers attempting to carry out the execution. Not exactly a smooth process any Kage would want to follow.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 01:16:47 »

While I do love the idea, I'm not sure how workable it is considering the fact that perma-deaths won't be a thing within the villages and if these executions were to be moved to actual death zones, it would be open season between rogues of all sorts and the law enforcers attempting to carry out the execution. Not exactly a smooth process any Kage would want to follow.
I can see the conflict between villages being safe zones and the location of execution.
My suggestion for that would be:
A criminal who has committed a crime worth execution would be held captive until the Kage gives an order of execution. The process of execution can only be done by an authoritative figure (Adviser - Kage or even officially assigned executioners). Once an order of execution has been placed upon a user, they will be immune to any damage from anyone other than executioner and Kage, and they will be dragged out to the location of execution within the village where the killing will take place.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline taigakun

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 10:06:28 »
But can't we have it in the way that if a red flagged player(rouge) enters a village/safe zone, those rules do not apply to him or her because the person is already a criminal, meaning the person isn't protected by the non perma death zone rule because he/she is a criminal, hence the possibility of an execution if captured.

Offline TheStylee

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • TheStylee has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Blackbox
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 11:06:34 »
It must be setted a limit of role playing,you know?It means players can't assume everything on game and scamming/stealing account and so on should be punished by game masters.Otherwise,we could play the game on the forum as role playing.Even if it was a thing,we just think out load.The code of the game can't allow a player do most of this things.
  • Character Name: TheStylee

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 11:58:38 »
But can't we have it in the way that if a red flagged player(rouge) enters a village/safe zone, those rules do not apply to him or her because the person is already a criminal, meaning the person isn't protected by the non perma death zone rule because he/she is a criminal, hence the possibility of an execution if captured.
This could actually fit in nicely with the rest of the world's rules and would also mean that rogues enter a village at their own risk. A well known rogue would have to be suicidal or Levi Ackerman to attempt to infiltrate village territory, adding more realism to the game. It seems viable.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo