Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65192
Latest: Vilianahlp
New This Month: 713
New This Week: 165
New Today: 114
Stats
Total Posts: 79426
Total Topics: 23808
Most Online Today: 1024
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 937
Total: 944
Mnoiobycle
Evazle
Google (4)
Baidu

Author Topic: 3d person and first person  (Read 37179 times)

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Amaterasu has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Re: 3d person and first person
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 12:33:20 »
Well you already know my thoughts on the perma death, or maybe not since misunderstood me for someone who would prefer a pay to win model over free to play. Guess that's what happens when you assume to know what people are talking about.
As far as being banned, it would only prove my theory correct on F2P not working with permadeath. Cause I could easily make a new profile and be back to piss in your Cheerios within minutes.
As far as the byakugan and sharingan goes, they can easily implement those into game by restricting their access to other overpowered abilities. For instance Minatos teleporting. If disclaimers an issue, name them something else.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 13:29:39 »
Well you already know my thoughts on the perma death, or maybe not since misunderstood me for someone who would prefer a pay to win model over free to play. Guess that's what happens when you assume to know what people are talking about.
As far as being banned, it would only prove my theory correct on F2P not working with permadeath. Cause I could easily make a new profile and be back to piss in your Cheerios within minutes.
As far as the byakugan and sharingan goes, they can easily implement those into game by restricting their access to other overpowered abilities. For instance Minatos teleporting. If disclaimers an issue, name them something else.
The leader of the project already stated that nothing that's specific to the Narutoverse will be implemented into Shinobi Life Online.
Moreover I think you are misunderstanding the way perma death is gonna work. Once you die it doesn't mean you'll never play Shinobi Life Online again. It only means that the character that died is deleted and you're brought back to character creation where you have to make another one.

Guess that's what happens when you assume to know what people are talking about.
Then learn to write your thoughts in such a way that it's understandable.

And regarding your statement, the only reason TES players like first person is because they have both first and 3rd person. Now force them to play exclusively first person and you'll see that TES series will suddenly lose popularity.

Don't take my comments as rudeness, I don't have anything against you personally I have something against these 2 ideas that you've already presented. If you really want to put your creativity to work and actually be helpful to this game then go create some jutsu for Shinobi Life Online in the following thread instead of coming up with bad ideas.
The thread: http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php/topic,498.0.html

All I want is 1st person not forced down on us. I'm perfectly fine with it being implemented alongside 3rd person, I don't care about that as long as there's also 3rd person. But your idea means exclusively 1st person...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 13:47:50 by m4r1us »
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 15:10:15 »
I don't think thatthe four types of ocular justu in naruto are too specific if they have have different names than the anime. They are a huge part of the show, and I don't think the game should should be advertised as naruto simulator without them. Hell! The entire story wouldn't exist without ocular ninjutsu.

The person who commented on my first post after understood what I was saying. And answered my concern even though I don't believe his response is possible. I fully understand the meaning of permadeath. My problem is that people can easily take advantage of it to kill off someone they couldn't take in a fair fight. For instance, an entire org creating new FREE accounts within minutes, finding said target and assassinating him on sight without any repercussions. Those new characters they created are free and not linked back to their original accounts.

As for first versus third person: you wouldn't be forced to because you would have the option to chose 3rd, however, those who would rather have a different ability like "smell" to track enemies who might be hiding. Or my favorite, something that allow me to read ones primary chakra nature. I think giving people the option to these choices would really enforce a more dynamic teamplay experience that rewards those who can use them the most effectively. And if the people choose third person happen to have light blue pupils, so be it.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2014, 15:29:23 »

The person who commented on my first post after understood what I was saying. And answered my concern even though I don't believe his response is possible. I fully understand the meaning of permadeath. My problem is that people can easily take advantage of it to kill off someone they couldn't take in a fair fight. For instance, an entire org creating new FREE accounts within minutes, finding said target and assassinating him on sight without any repercussions. Those new characters they created are free and not linked back to their original accounts.

As for first versus third person: you wouldn't be forced to because you would have the option to chose 3rd, however, those who would rather have a different ability like "smell" to track enemies who might be hiding. Or my favorite, something that allow me to read ones primary chakra nature. I think giving people the option to these choices would really enforce a more dynamic teamplay experience that rewards those who can use them the most effectively. And if the people choose third person happen to have light blue pupils, so be it.

One last time I don't want any ability like smell. It sounds extremely forced. Just be satisfied with what Vreg said: there'll be both 1st and 3rd person cameras without any stupid ability like smell. That way both those like you and those like me will get a fitting playstyle. Please stop trying to limit our possibilities and instead focus on your 1st camera and leave the rest of us who prefer 3rd alone. Besides, Saitou already said it in the chat, you won't be able to scroll out till you see the whole map. Just enough to see your character. So that means those who'll use the 3rd person won't be at such a big advantage compared to those who'll use 1st.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 15:38:47 by m4r1us »

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2014, 15:51:24 »
I don't see how adding features limits anything. In fact, it's the exact opposite. 3rd person obviously gives a clear advantage to awareness compared to first (which is why your clenching on to it so bad). My suggestion simply balances the disadvantage for those who would prefer a more immersive experience.  By choosing the 3rd person advantage you won't be allowed to get the enhanced smell. I don't understand why you're fighting it so much. This won't be one of those random selections, it's something you'll choose at character creation.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2014, 15:57:23 »
I don't see how adding features limits anything. In fact, it's the exact opposite. 3rd person obviously gives a clear advantage to awareness compared to first (which is why your clenching on to it so bad). My suggestion simply balances the disadvantage for those who would prefer a more immersive experience.  By choosing the 3rd person advantage you won't be allowed to get the enhanced smell. I don't understand why you're fighting it so much. This won't be one of those random selections, it's something you'll choose at character creation.
No mate I don't understand why you're so fixed on this. A stupid feature like that sounds forced as hell. A bigger field of vision won't put you at such a big advantage. And if you feel so then you can play in 3rd person as well. Don't accuse me of anything I just wanna be able to see my character. You got your 1st person now you're trying to nerf the rest. So basically you're the one clenching onto that. Just let go of that idea and mind your own buisness. Besides, Saitou already said it in the chat, you won't be able to scroll out till you see the whole map. Just enough to see your character. So that means those who'll use the 3rd person won't be at such a big advantage compared to those who'll use 1st.

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2014, 17:15:37 »
I haven't said anything about nerfing 3rd person. Actually, I even suggested that you should be able to scroll out farther once you reach a higher lvl, after saito posted that in the chat.
Now, let's scroll back to all the way back to the beginning of this thread. Yup. As I thought.
Your first post was to say negative shit about MY opinion; My suggestion in this forum about what? That's right..."SUGGESTIONS". Say it with me now..."SUGGESTIONS". Very good.

Now, I believe anyone who has read this entire thread would agree with me. It is YOU, who should mind YOUR own damn business. While your at it, change your forum signature. You're giving the Uchiha a bad rep. Maybe try Konohamaru, not the Shippuden version. The one with the yellow helmet and a blanket. That's the image your putting off. Don't feel bad though. Everyone who plays with Amaterasu gets burned.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2014, 17:27:47 »
My friend my intention wasn't at all to rustle your jimmies although I see that I've quite done that.
I think you don't understand why I think your idea is bad. It's all because I don't wanna have a skill active at all times just to be able to see my char. And besides I also find that useless.
I also recommend you to read the forum to make an idea bout what this game is gonna be like. The fact that you're clueless about Shinobi Life Online not having levels proves to me that you jumped directly to suggestions without previously reading the forum.
The thing is seeing my char while I play a MMO is very important to me that's why I am so clenching onto it. And besides I don't see how this would put the 1st person users at a disadvantage if you aren't able to zoom out very much... I mean we both got it the way we wanted. There'll be both 1st person and a decent 3rd person so why try to change it?
As an ending I think you're the only one getting burned by attacking me personally, but it's ok I don't mind. I actually understand why you did it, I know I tend to get a bit overzealous at times. So I hope you can actually reconsider your suggestion and I know that despite your idea being bad I shouldn't have called it retarded that was my bad. And I don't want this discussion to turn into an argument, I know you're not a bad guy, you just tend to be persistent. If you'd actually put your ideas to work into creating jutsu instead of changing the camera I'm positive you'd come up with some great ones.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 19:13:46 by m4r1us »

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 03:57:03 »
You're right. You "rustled my jimmies". Not because you called my idea retarded or because you think it's bad. It's because you have failed to provide a legitimate reason other than YOU don't want it. I thought this was a Naruto Simulator, not a m4r1us simulator. This game should appeal to all Naruto fans, not just you. That would be like me saying "I want to base my character off Rock Lee, so no one else should be allowed to use ninjutsu." It's ignorant!

As for the overpowering advantages of third person, you don't have to zoom out. Simply rotating the camera angle allows you to peek around corners without having to reveal your self. That would allow people to weave their justu and wait to blind shot unsuspecting people in a village. I see many people taking advantage of this. Also, the ability to watch someone while not even facing them provides a huge advantage to those whose mission is to stalk or follow a target. Where as some who uses first person would be completely obvious.

Lastly, heightening specific senses would appeal to how well you can customize you team for specific missions. A great example being Shikamaru's first mission as a chunin: bringing back Sasuke. When tracking Sasuke, he positioned Kiba in the front to follow his scent and Neji in the rear so he could "adjust his camera angle" to watch their backs. If this game is trying to be as skill based and realistic to the Narutoverse that it would implement perma death, I don't see how these variables aren't just as necessary. They would bring out the true Shikamaru in the group.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 06:56:49 »
You're right. You "rustled my jimmies". Not because you called my idea retarded or because you think it's bad. It's because you have failed to provide a legitimate reason other than YOU don't want it. I thought this was a Naruto Simulator, not a m4r1us simulator. This game should appeal to all Naruto fans, not just you. That would be like me saying "I want to base my character off Rock Lee, so no one else should be allowed to use ninjutsu." It's ignorant!

As for the overpowering advantages of third person, you don't have to zoom out. Simply rotating the camera angle allows you to peek around corners without having to reveal your self. That would allow people to weave their justu and wait to blind shot unsuspecting people in a village. I see many people taking advantage of this. Also, the ability to watch someone while not even facing them provides a huge advantage to those whose mission is to stalk or follow a target. Where as some who uses first person would be completely obvious.
So to sum up you're not at any disadvantage because you can chose first person yourself.

Lastly, heightening specific senses would appeal to how well you can customize you team for specific missions. A great example being Shikamaru's first mission as a chunin: bringing back Sasuke. When tracking Sasuke, he positioned Kiba in the front to follow his scent and Neji in the rear so he could "adjust his camera angle" to watch their backs. If this game is trying to be as skill based and realistic to the Narutoverse that it would implement perma death, I don't see how these variables aren't just as necessary. They would bring out the true Shikamaru in the group.
I did provide a legitimate reason and I didn't see you answer it. I don't need a skill active at all times to see my char. As for seeing around the corners I'll say it one last time: you can use 3rd person yourself it's a choice. So this isn't a m4r1us simulator? mmmkay then let's try to make it an Amaterasu one adding an unnecessary skill that'd force people to use 1st person unless having it active at all times without real reason for that. Not everything has to be a simulation. Let me give an example: would you agree for the look of your character to be completely random because in Naruto you don't chose the way you look? I doubt it, some things are just necessary just because this is still a game.

I think both you and me are being selfish. However I think I'm being for a legitimate reason. We were told that there's gonna be both person cameras. You're a fan of 1st and I'm of 3rd. But now you want to force the others to have a skill active at all times just to be able to use 3rd? And one more thing, this idea could work like when using it scrolling out way more than possible with the regular 3rd person. Like having a 3rd camera but when using that skill it could scroll way farther. Would you be ok with that?

And no, most people don't play MMOs looking with the 3rd person camera around corners. But if you really feel that you're at a disadvantage then Vreg said there'll be roleplaying servers where there'll be no perma death. That way even if you die [sarcasm]because of the overpowered camera of the opponent[/sarcasm] you don't lose your character. So your problem is solved.

So to sum up not everyone has the same likes as me, not everyone has the same likes as you, that's why I think that both cameras are the best possible option to make everyone happy. And again if you feel you're at a disadvantage noone forces you to use first camera, you can't have everyone using it just because you like it. Try to notice that I'm not actually trying to make a point against having both cameras I'm trying to make a point for it, but anything more than that like a skill is exaggerated...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:18:51 by m4r1us »

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 09:06:37 »
That is where we highly disagree. I do not see the ability to watch your character hop around as a legitimate me reason for 3rd person. At least, not when compared to peeking around corners or completely turning the camera to watch an area that your character isn't facing. I know vreg said we will get both 3rd and 1st. Unfortunately, unless there is some type of incentive or advantage for the 1st person players, their time and resources would better used on something else. Because no one will ever use 1st person. However, vreg said that 1st person is being implemented for VR. Tell me, who spend roughly $1500 on VR equipment (ie the oculus rift, omni, and ARAIG suit) to play a game that doesn't cater in some way to a 1st person enthusiast. With that technology right around corner, probably the same year this game is to release or sooner, how will this game draw in those people. I already know what your thinking, "fuck'em, don't play it". But that's exactly what's happening to TESO. Zenimax didn't cater to the true 1st person enthusiasts, now their ship is sinking and they're trying to sue Oculus Rift to not drown.

As for the mechanics in 3rd, I think that regular 3rd person should not effect any stamina bar. However, panning the camera beyond your characters actual line of sight (like 180 degrees) should drain or halt the regen of your chakra. The same goes for extensive zooming out. I would like the ability to trade that for some sort of mini map that blips a red dot, indicating the general location of someone who is sprinting nearby without muffling their footsteps. I think that would suffice for better hearing.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:43:00 by Amaterasu »

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2014, 09:44:02 »
If you want to nerf 3rd camera users just so those guys who buy oculus rift that's simply a form of pay2win. 3rd camera shouldn't consume anything. And stop being such a wuss it's not like someone seeing you behind a corner means insta death nor does it grant him such a great advantage. And please stop giving that TESO example, this is Shinobi Life Online it's gonna have both cameras so doeal with it or don't play.

"fuck'em, don't play it".
That's exactly what I was thinking pussies who complain bout stuff like this shouldn't be allowed to play this game it's degrading.
I'm sick of your kiddo reasoning. You embarass yourself you acccuse me of giving no arguments yet you're the one blabbering about byakugan TES and zenimax that's all you know. I'm done with both pussies and kiddos

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 10:26:33 »
Forgive me for being concerned about the longevity of this game. That must make me such a horrible person. I'm only giving TESO as an example because it's the most recent let down of a very popular IP. I don't see how halting your chakra regen while panning the camera effects your purpose for 3rd. You're not going to be stopping in the middle of combat to make sure your hair looks good anyways. So once again, your argument pointless and borderline trolling.

As for peeking around corners, that person would have the advantage of weaving their justu before the other unsuspecting player even knows someone is there. So yeah. That's a huge advantage. I'm sorry you're too slow to figure out how to use this to your advantage.  Obviously, when I mentioned the "true Shikamaru" players, I wasn't talking about you. Now hush up. I'm actually trying to do gamers like you a favor.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2014, 10:42:07 »
I'm sorry you're too slow to figure out how to use this to your advantage.  Obviously, when I mentioned the "true Shikamaru" players, I wasn't talking about you.
Oh really? Said the guy who wants an ability called "smell" to improve his filed of view. Because everyone is watching using his nose right? I wondered why with every reply I give you I feel like I lost some brain cells. And don't keep flattering yourself thinking that you help this game you just wanna help yourself, you're one of this crybaby kids who think they can get everything their way. Go play metin2 kiddo that's the place for those like you.

And if you wanna continue this then go ahead PM me your skype I'd love explain you things im pre detail

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2014, 12:14:08 »
You feel like your losing brain cells because I'm making you look stupid. Don't worry, you're not losing anything. You just never had them to begin with. :P

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
FrankJScott
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent