Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64434
Latest: Marcusacush
New This Month: 303
New This Week: 64
New Today: 23
Stats
Total Posts: 76299
Total Topics: 21981
Most Online Today: 1672
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1661
Total: 1673

Author Topic: About & talking game mechanics  (Read 8775 times)

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
Re: About & talking game mechanics
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 19:19:26 »
I think kage run time should be longer, yeah.
1 month is way too short
i agree,2 months is good,also there has to be something like congress,why?
so if that kage fucked up they can Impeach and Elect new kage with out waiting for an other elections.

A congress is a good idea.
But still,more than 1 month would be problematic.
People will complain that it takes too long till they get the chance to be the next kage.
And if the kage does a good job,there is nothing he has to worry about,regarding the next election.
Having more than 1 month,would actually just be useful for a bad kage,who knows he wont be elected again.
Again about the congress.....while i like the idea and think its needed to keep certain people in check,i also think that they cant have too much power,so the role of the kage still stays as a desireable one.
Some rules need to be added aswell.
For example,it shouldnt be allowed to search for a new kage at the first few days of the kages reign,unless he does something very terrible.
Dont want that a kage gets replaced,just because the congress doesnt like him.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 19:24:00 by Tameshi Hinode »
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 19:42:51 »
1 month is way too short
so if that kage fucked up they can Impeach and Elect new kage with out waiting for an other elections.

People will complain that it takes too long till they get the chance to be the next kage.
And if the kage does a good job,there is nothing he has to worry about,regarding the next election.
Having more than 1 month,would actually just be useful for a bad kage,who knows he wont be elected again.
Again about the congress.....while i like the idea and think its needed to keep certain people in check,i also think that they cant have too much power,so the role of the kage still stays as a desireable one.
For example,it shouldnt be allowed to search for a new kage at the first few days of the kages reign,unless he does something very terrible.

The elections and tests itself took longer than one month...
The role of Kage shouldn't be taken so easily, bad kages will most likely not pass in the first place so no worries about that.
There are always going to be people that complain about everything, you can't satisfy everyone.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 20:38:28 »
1 month is way too short

The elections and tests itself took longer than one month...
The role of Kage shouldn't be taken so easily, bad kages will most likely not pass in the first place so no worries about that.
There are always going to be people that complain about everything, you can't satisfy everyone.
1 month is not good,cuz you will bee new at all of this and you will need time to know and shit,thats why more time will be good.
and the congress most be jonin and only 5,and others can vote to who can be.
and remi i think that is cuz we are in beta,and vreg time is not good,and the rules of them change every hour and such,and true there is  people that complain about everything,thats why we pay to some org to do our dirty jops so we kill those motherfuckers xa
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 20:49:48 »
I think that the kage elections will not take so long anymore,once the game is in a better state.
We might be able to shorten it to 1 week.
After the kage is done with his reign and a new one gets elected,the congress could temporary watch over the village,till a new kage is elected.

And reminance....,,bad kages will most likely not pass in the first place so no worries about that.''
If this should be true,there need to be some drastic changes to the way that a kage is elected.
Letting the candidates fight each other for the position of the kage,is not enough.
Everyone can be a good figher with enough training,but the kage has to be a good leader,beeing a good fighter is just secondary.
I think that the theoretical part of the kage exams need to get much more attention than the combat part.
In a war,id rather have a kage by my side who is diplomatic,a good tactican,charismatic and in general,a good leader.
If those qualitys are part of the kage exam,then yes,we wouldnt have to worry much about getting incompetent kage elected later.

If the reign of a kage has to be made longer....then really not more than 2 months.
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 23:49:36 »
I think that the kage elections will not take so long anymore,once the game is in a better state.
We might be able to shorten it to 1 week.
After the kage is done with his reign and a new one gets elected,the congress could temporary watch over the village,till a new kage is elected.

And reminance....,,bad kages will most likely not pass in the first place so no worries about that.''
If this should be true,there need to be some drastic changes to the way that a kage is elected.
Letting the candidates fight each other for the position of the kage,is not enough.
Everyone can be a good figher with enough training,but the kage has to be a good leader,beeing a good fighter is just secondary.
I think that the theoretical part of the kage exams need to get much more attention than the combat part.
In a war,id rather have a kage by my side who is diplomatic,a good tactican,charismatic and in general,a good leader.
If those qualitys are part of the kage exam,then yes,we wouldnt have to worry much about getting incompetent kage elected later.

If the reign of a kage has to be made longer....then really not more than 2 months.
I firmly believe that kages should hold office for one to two months and not less. Wars would last more than three days probably and it's just unrealistic to change village leaders every weeks

And in the event the kage goes inactive, he can simply be removed from power by Vreg or whoever and a new election will be held or the elder will assure power in the interim.
Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness