Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64431
Latest: Earnestjaith
New This Month: 300
New This Week: 61
New Today: 21
Stats
Total Posts: 76271
Total Topics: 21975
Most Online Today: 1562
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1095
Total: 1109

Author Topic: To be or not to be...a sheep  (Read 9211 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: To be or not to be...a sheep
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 12:30:47 »
I've been talking to players and on forums trying to gauge out the community see how people think and what their belief systems are. But I see the community has its toxic people like everything else.
This forum was on a toxic-free streak until someone decided "the best place for philosophy is the SLO forum!"
I applaud you all that think the "make-believe" Kage and clans/orgs are irrelevant but a stupid post about existential crisis is. Einstein logic right there

I'm unclear as to what you mean here!
Are you saying spending time playing "make believe" is more or less valuable then thinking about existential questions?

Also your using existential wrong!
existentialism = that people are (1) defined only insofar as they act and (2) that they are responsible for their actions

By this definition I would say the people that are playing "make believe" are the ones that have adopted this existentialist philosophy.
Suroshi's beleves in a meaning to life. That we are meant to pass on are genetics and knowledge to the next generation. This goal is a definition of his life and dose not fall in to the category of existentialism.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 12:51:31 by NinjaMirage »

Offline RyRy

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • RyRy has no influence.
  • Nan
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 12:55:03 »
I've been talking to players and on forums trying to gauge out the community see how people think and what their belief systems are. But I see the community has its toxic people like everything else.
This forum was on a toxic-free streak until someone decided "the best place for philosophy is the SLO forum!"
I applaud you all that think the "make-believe" Kage and clans/orgs are irrelevant but a stupid post about existential crisis is. Einstein logic right there

Are you saying spending time playing "make believe" is more or less valuable then thinking about existential questions?

existentialism = that people are (1) defined only insofar as they act and (2) that they are responsible for their actions

By this definition I would say the people that are playing "make believe" are the ones that have adopted this existentialist philosophy.
Suroshi's beleves in a meaning to life. That we are meant to pass on are genetics and knowledge to the next generation. This goal is a definition of his life and dose not fall in to the category of existentialism.

you get what he means tho... if you don't then you're just mentally clapped. These topics need to be moved to somewhere relevant, or not be as frequently asked lol. It's getting a bit too much now

My final form

Biggest Shidori on SLO
Shout out to CaioDarT and Rapho for the character image!

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 12:57:58 »

Suroshi's beleves in a meaning to life that we are meant to pass on are genetics and knowledge to the next generation. This goal is a definition of his life and dose not fall in to the category of existentialism.

I think the one missing the entire point of this thread is you. We're not arguing about whether or not he believes in god knows what neither are we here to discuss how much more important those things are than "make-believe".
For the love of the God you say you believe in, please, take a moment and think about it; by your logic, those discussions are themselves much more important than SLO and as such this forum might as well be renamed and the devs can start giving us all counselling sessions, no?
But that's not even close to why we're here.
We're here for the same reasons we play other games, read comic books and watch anime/tv shows; Real life sucks! This forum from the concept down to the name (shinobi Life online) is MAKE-BELIEVE. Yet you're here, your edgy philosopher buddy is here too. We're all here because we want to take part in that simulated life this game promises us. We're here because we want to escape the hassles of our daily routines and problems, we're here for those few minutes of serenity and pleasure this forum gives us.
Yet, in about a week, you guys have managed to make this place more depressing than rehab. No one came here to discuss why we exist or tf we believe in. There are places for that, wouldn't take you one minute to find them. There are ways to get the community liven up other than causing controversy and arguments irrelevant to this project on a forum designated for the discussion of the project and other such similar things.
Agreed, this place seems dead, most of us don't spend as much time here as we used to, most veteran members couldn't care less at this point or are too busy to come on anyways, but that doesn't mean that those who are new (and thus more active) as well as those who still frequent the place should turn it into some sort of gloomy abyss for all things dark and depressing. And if you bait members to click on your thread using ambiguous names then we have every right to complain and you saying "if you don't like it, don't click it" is absolute bullshit.

TL;DR Nobody came here for the shitty topics you guys seem hellbent to talk about these days, especially using equivocal clickbait thread names, so please take it elsewhere. There are a myriad of places where that stuff is welcomed, why not use them?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 13:05:18 by StriderOtaku »
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Blazefp has no influence.
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 15:02:21 »
Ok let's step on the brakes with the aggro....again  ::)
I was allowed to post one last time to clarify the purpose of this thread was NEVER supposed to bash on people making phylosophical threads, they have the right to do so in the appropriate places, but rather stop that "don't like it don't post" nonsense. People can post whatever they want but they also have to let people give their opinions on the thread, even if they're not fully explained.
  • Character Name: Blazefp

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent