Forum > Programming

Vague random question...

(1/3) > >>

jcryer:
In C#, would it be possible for an application running on my computer to detect whether or not I have an active jutsu? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Sorry it's so vague, I'm still starting out but this idea of sending whether something external has happened has stumped me completely...

:D

Kakashi Natsu:
i program in java and you could technically do that. you could make a program that if a combo has worked a certain jutsu would turn to true and if true display a message or something. event listeners. but im just a amatuer i dont know that much yet.

Dragon6624:

--- Quote from: Kakashi Natsu on May 16, 2015, 23:11:38 ---i program in java and you could technically do that. you could make a program that if a combo has worked a certain jutsu would turn to true and if true display a message or something. event listeners. but im just a amatuer i dont know that much yet.

--- End quote ---

This sounds reasonable, even to me, but I think you'd also need something that looks over the game script as it's running (or something like that). Sort of an "eye", if you will, looking at the source material in order to see whether or not any such action is "true", and therefore able to send that message based on this "truth" value.

granit:
Idk if it's possible how you say J , but you could write and program that gets input from you and checks for a combination of input that the user defined.

I programmed in Java and I just can't imaginate how I would do this.
I always hated Event Listeners and Threads.

Sorry if this is off-topic.

Dragon6624:

--- Quote from: granit on May 17, 2015, 11:21:24 ---Idk if it's possible how you say J , but you could write and program that gets input from you and checks for a combination of input that the user defined.

I programmed in Java and I just can't imaginate how I would do this.
I always hated Event Listeners and Threads.

Sorry if this is off-topic.

--- End quote ---

This sounds like the most logical option, just have a program that checks for whether or not you typed in the correct combination of keys and then pops up the message based on that. No need for an "eye" then, or any interaction with the game, just with your keyboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version