Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64066
Latest: travemunc
New This Month: 4159
New This Week: 125
New Today: 29
Stats
Total Posts: 73914
Total Topics: 20765
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 657
Total: 669
travemunc
IT Experts Group
Google (9)
Baidu

Author Topic: General discussion  (Read 516392 times)

Offline Lumen

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Lumen has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Re: General disscusion
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2016, 01:10:50 »
Well this game is all about skill. If your character can get enough skilled to perform both jutsu, I don't see why we should not allow them to. If someone wants to whine about another player being op, then they can suck it up. If someone dedicates their time to become the best player, they sure as hell deserve to. So if someone has the skill to learn both and master both, then why take it away from them?

Balance is always going to be a key factor, but I personally think that there should always be some sort of toll/benefit enacted to secure a more in-depth tree of skills. I'd prefer the gain of an energy source be crippled when in combat as this isn't exactly the Storm series. A sensible user of the arts would know exactly how to counter spamming by reserving their energy to begin with. It's not on you if your opponent decides to launch a flurry of fireballs, then whines of their ridiculous tactics when it misses and they lose the entirety of their energy. A good example would be someone firing off Instant Transmission Full Power Kamehameha's at every attempt they'd get.
  • Character Name: KilaJoule

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2016, 01:15:25 »
exactly another good point @Lumen. It doesn't matter if they know really good moves if you have ability as well. You could out think them which could win the battle for you.
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2016, 01:59:40 »
dose anyone know if strong jutsu will have downsides to them... like the rasen shuriken dose in naruto. were if you do it to many times you get a debuff or something or other. aka forbidden jutsu. if you can learn powerful jutsu and crowd control abilities... witch i'm fine with... then the powerful jutsu must come with drawbacks.

and 5 days left to cast a vote on the Chakra control system STATS topic. you can just look at the last  couple of updated comments to get a better overall idea.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:24:11 by cmsurfer »

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2016, 07:24:09 »
dose anyone know if strong jutsu will have downsides to them... like the rasen shuriken dose in naruto. were if you do it to many times you get a debuff or something or other. aka forbidden jutsu. if you can learn powerful jutsu and crowd control abilities... witch i'm fine with... then the powerful jutsu must come with drawbacks.

and 5 days left to cast a vote on the Chakra control system STATS topic. you can just look at the last  couple of updated comments to get a better overall idea.
The only risk I know of is that when you are almost out of Chakra that you will be unable to move.
Meaning that your fellow shinobi would have to protect you.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2016, 17:44:56 »
If powerful jutsu has some kind of downside- a stat debuff or something- it will add to another level of strategy to battles.
I think it would also make people think twice about trying it ambush with high level jutsu if there was a major drawback 

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2016, 20:33:02 »
Well i like ambushing people with a high level jutsu, But i also like the debuff stat.
Hmmmm... :/
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2016, 04:31:31 »
@raretblue2

That also reminds me of another idea i had about something i like to call the Will of Fire system. basically if your character dies then you can become a new character.

(basically you would make a new character but you get to keep all your jutsu you have obtained, they would just be slightly lower ranks. This new character would be considered as your old characters student. Just a funny little idea i had a long time ago. It works well to, cause if your character dies there could be a cutscene where your new made character looks up at the sky and somehow senses your master's death and later gets a quest to go to his memorial or something, then you get a message from a bird with his stuff (your stuff) that he wanted you to have.)

[/quote]

i thought this idea had some marret... it leaves permadeath in place but is a new take on respawns. so if your character is killed
while i still think you should start over from bass, perhaps it should effect you chances of getting a village legacy and perhaps
start you out with 1 level up of chakra control or something. in naruto each generation surpassed the previous, so its kinda a cannon idea.  on top of that it would lesson the loss and would add more uniqueness to the game. It would also give a player a new story to fallow- either let it go or seek revenge. It could be a totally unique story for players that lost there character.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2016, 02:08:11 »
@Kamashe
You say you want to be part of the community but your not willing to read a FAQ about the game... so how can you possibly submit a report on something you know nothing about? all you can report on is a pre-alpha version that you have played, that is not even close to the full ideas of the game. and no offence but if your employer has the same attitude and thinks by getting involved now he can change things that have a clear direction now...I think he will be as rejected as you were.
Actually i did read the faq and my boss is actually pretty nice. but im not gonna talk back anymore. But i did askanyone to post or link the comment that made everyonehate me but no one has done it. so one person said it and everyone went along with it, So get your fucking facts straight few people wanna join your wack org anyway, not saying people wanna join mine, but you talk as if your top dog, Your not vreg, your not mars, your not reminance, So next time you gotta comment do you research
actually i made a lot of the same mistakes you did when you got here.

the difference between us is that i acknowledged that i didn't know anything about the game and did my best to rectify that .
as you can see i still ask questions in this general discussion so that i don't create topics that piss people off.You on the other hand- only after everyone here told you to go read the FAQ did you... and even then you had a bad attitude about it. I am really glad you read the faq and if your on board with the current game then i got no problems with you. I would recommend watching the language though it is a forum rule. As fare as my org and clan... it was only an idea i had i'm not interested in making a real clan or organization at all. Most people here are not all that happy with me either but you pissed me off to. if you really want i WILL post the comments that did that.But I would rather just let it go.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:16:44 by cmsurfer »

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2016, 03:33:28 »
Jesus guys its over now everybody give each other hugs and some nice juicy butt squeezes and lets all get around a campfire and sing Kumbaya and love each other to death. How does that sound? If not then idgaf what happens.
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline raretblue2

• Academy Student Poster
  • raretblue2 has no influence.
  • Get ready for trouble...and ice cream :D
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Vongola
« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2016, 04:28:39 »
i just got an email that someone quoted me xD what's going on in here everyone? o.o

• Character Name: Wraith
Every step in the wrong direction will most likely be your last...

Offline Boruto050202

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Boruto050202 has no influence.
  • I will protect my comrades at the cost of my life!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Pawa-me

« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2016, 05:08:39 »
will pets be in the game?
  • Character Name: Rikai Pawa-me

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2016, 11:13:40 »
You say you want to be part of the community but your not willing to read a FAQ about the game... so how can you possibly submit a report on something you know nothing about? all you can report on is a pre-alpha version that you have played, that is not even close to the full ideas of the game. and no offence but if your employer has the same attitude and thinks by getting involved now he can change things that have a clear direction now...I think he will be as rejected as you were.
Actually i did read the faq and my boss is actually pretty nice. but im not gonna talk back anymore. But i did askanyone to post or link the comment that made everyonehate me but no one has done it. so one person said it and everyone went along with it, So get your fucking facts straight few people wanna join your wack org anyway, not saying people wanna join mine, but you talk as if your top dog, Your not vreg, your not mars, your not reminance, So next time you gotta comment do you research

@Kamashe
This will be my last comment on the matter.
You asked us to give you your comment which "started" all the hate.
Frankly that was on your first clan post (which is now deleted.) because you reposted your clan with a few changes.
As for Shiv, he actually does some research infact I bet he's done a lot more research than you. (Yes I know he's been around way longer.)

If you want to be part of the community, drop the act.
When you do so I'll have no further problems with you whatsoever and you might actually start making some friends.

But yeah, I'm not expecting you to listen to my comment as you haven't done it before either. xD

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2016, 17:48:07 »
Well getting back to some form of conversation relevant to the game... should there be some way to force fatigue on your character in the form of slower movements and slower  chakra regeneration

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2016, 18:04:50 »
will pets be in the game?

If you meen like kiba and akamaru then no as of yet i dont think there are plans for this. but summing a pet Is planed.

sorry for the double post...... my bad

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2016, 01:27:25 »