Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64066
Latest: travemunc
New This Month: 4159
New This Week: 125
New Today: 25
Stats
Total Posts: 73914
Total Topics: 20765
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 718
Total: 725
Google (7)

Author Topic: New Kage Election  (Read 43052 times)

Offline Aratna Jones

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Aratna Jones has no influence.
  • just moved from kenya!!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: VEGAN UCHIHAS
Re: New Kage Election
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2016, 01:33:07 »
hey Aratna Jones i will vote for you babe.
thanks I will run for village chief!!
  • Character Name: AratnaJones
immigrant from Kenya. pageD in poultry science. proud vegan and mother of 6!! #MAKEAMERICAGREATAGAIN

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2016, 08:34:52 »
lol cant take the resident clowns hm? Kage will have to be able to take that kind of thing without being offended.  To clairify, @Cedie  The mechanic update you posted in shout a few days ago was about the kage popularity test and not game mechanics? Please do tell me its both XD
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2016, 09:46:56 »
I think it is time to announce that I am going to run for kageship. After I saw, who seek for this role, I have decided to nominate myself in order to save everybody. If I get elected I promise I am going to raise the meat industry and creating more opportunity for the shinobis in the village. Furthermore, I will abuse with my power to make sure everything goes as I wish. I will strenghten our power in order to keep everybody safe. I will improve society by sending poor into their deaths. I will improve our society by giving opportunities to poor and less skilled people in the shinobi forces. Finally, I will abuse with my power to eleminate the other villages and rule the world. I would use my rank to bring world peace for everybody. I will make the Shinobi world great again!

Thank you people, and don't forget! If you vote for me you vote for your future.

OOC: I would pick the dust kageship
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 10:36:20 by misi4444 »
  • Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline SirTroll

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2016, 10:29:26 »
Yo, I'd like to run for dust kage. I'm probably the only candidate now mars is in the hidden thunder - so I guess I'll take the chance, can't have a village with no kage!

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2016, 10:37:03 »
Yo, I'd like to run for dust kage. I'm probably the only candidate now mars is in the hidden thunder - so I guess I'll take the chance, can't have a village with no kage!

Nope, you are not :)
  • Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2016, 10:43:43 »
I just deleted unrelated posts in this thread.

We will discuss the duties and responsibilities of a Kage on 25th as well as the sanctions involving inactivity after being elected and other related violations therein.
  • Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2016, 11:13:15 »
I will run for Hidden Forest though irl work comes first. If any dates are set where I can't make it I will drop out
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2016, 12:03:29 »
Running for Hidden Ash.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2016, 12:03:45 »
Running for Hidden Thunder.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2016, 12:07:42 »
Unsure, entering to see how far I'll get.
Might run for Hill if there are no valid candidates that I think deserve it.

Offline Zama

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Zama has no influence.
  • 2Kawaii2live2Sugoi2Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2016, 12:57:40 »
No one is running for Inferuno?
  • Character Name: Zama

Offline Yaminoyori

• Academy Student Poster
  • Yaminoyori has no influence.
  • It's better be good...
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hadokawa

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2016, 13:31:56 »
I'm still bothered by the requirment of time spent online on the forum. Surely, I can understand the requirment for game performance and for account history (meaning it has to be about half year old from now on), alas the "5 days online" is making me a little bit upset. And I won't hide the fact that is because I can't participate. I'm an honest person in those matters, be it right or wrong to do.

My argumentation against this requirment are a couple of facts, that determine this requirment to be "sketchy" at best.

ad. 1 - Cedie said himself that you can stay on forum as long as you want, but after a time it stops counting your activity. Most of us idle on forum and participate in shoutbox chat. Thus our time is not counted towards the activity.

ad. 2 - In regard to the previous argument, due to the sketchiness of time-online counting mechanics, the "five days online" requirment seems to be unjust from the core. Moreover - what does it prove? I wish not to be rude about it, however it looks like a fake requirment that could somehow determine ones activity on forum. Remember however - there are people who will not loiter around the forum, posting trash posts, thus popping up their online timer, and there will be people who just come and go, leaving important feedback in matters that actually will cause some impact on the game.

ad. 3 - As the requirment of "your account needs to be half year old - at least" is quite understandable, to prevent potential side accounts from popping out before the election, the online time is merely a nuisance as mentioned in ad. 2. Dedication is one thing, but loitering around and doing nothing - is something tad bit different.

ad. 4 - As far as I know and as far as I can measure, right me if I'm wrong, but with these conditions there seems not to be enough of applicable candidates. Thus creating a typical logic error in the very core of the election rules.

In conclusion, this post was written to prove that the "time online" requirment is more of a nuisance, than a control mechanism. I value your reasoning Cedie and I respect your choices both as a human being and as a moderator, yet if I do not agree with something, I'd like to discuss it in the open field. I'd like to know more about it from other players and Cedie himself. Under no circumstances this post wasn't written to undermine anyones position or harass/offen anyone. I just believe we can improve our situation.

An in extention, if this errata I propose passed, due to the fact I fullfill every other requirment...

I wish to candidate for Kinzokugakure no Sato chair of Kage.

Thank you for reading through this post.
  • Character Name: Hadokawa Yaminoyori

Look into my eyes

Offline Zama

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Zama has no influence.
  • 2Kawaii2live2Sugoi2Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2016, 13:54:04 »
ad. 2 - In regard to the previous argument, due to the sketchiness of time-online counting mechanics, the "five days online" requirment seems to be unjust from the core. Moreover - what does it prove? I wish not to be rude about it, however it looks like a fake requirment that could somehow determine ones activity on forum. Remember however - there are people who will not loiter around the forum, posting trash posts, thus popping up their online timer, and there will be people who just come and go, leaving important feedback in matters that actually will cause some impact on the game.
Well it also prevents people who create profiles and abandon the site to come in and run for Kage. There are people who make accounts and have only been online once or twice, just because they made the account 6+ months ago doesn't mean they were active and thus not making them fit for Kage as they were not part of the community. IMO that's why I think that requirement was made.
  • Character Name: Zama

Offline Yaminoyori

• Academy Student Poster
  • Yaminoyori has no influence.
  • It's better be good...
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hadokawa

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2016, 14:13:11 »
Well it also prevents people who create profiles and abandon the site to come in and run for Kage. There are people who make accounts and have only been online once or twice, just because they made the account 6+ months ago doesn't mean they were active and thus not making them fit for Kage as they were not part of the community. IMO that's why I think that requirement was made.

Even if they do... I believe they still are viable candidates. SLO has a slow development speed, thus it is really hard to try and remain all-time-active in most cases. Why stay at one place and keep loitering, when you can just go around, while keeping in touch? With all due respect, but since I left and came back, not much have changed.
  • Character Name: Hadokawa Yaminoyori

Look into my eyes

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2016, 14:16:14 »

Even if they do... I believe they still are viable candidates. SLO has a slow development speed, thus it is really hard to try and remain all-time-active in most cases. Why stay at one place and keep loitering, when you can just go around, while keeping in touch? With all due respect, but since I left and came back, not much have changed.
Might be true but these are the requirements.
Deal with it is pretty much what i'm saying.
  • Character Name: Reminance