Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64464
Latest: mozgyou
New This Month: 333
New This Week: 10
New Today: 10
Stats
Total Posts: 76685
Total Topics: 22229
Most Online Today: 1181
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 782
Total: 793
EdithSoure
Veronaeay
Google (AdSense)
Google (8)

Author Topic: SLO vesion of ninja info cards  (Read 15445 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: SLO vesion of ninja info cards
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 14:02:20 »
But again these cards are your Charicter-so instead of separate Jutsu to read your info
You have cards that can be copied/stolen &
Traded/sold.

Copied cards should have a time stamp on them so people know how out of date the info is.

The intelligence core discussed in the other thread could still have a Jutsu to copy the cards with out needing to defeat the player.

It would make the hole proses simpler
Rather than having a Jutsu that has to be trained to gather information out of thin air from no direct source... Also with the Jutsu there is no proof the information is accurate.
With the cards you have a copy.

Nearly every chunin exam tests the Canadians abuility to gather information.
This is because information is key to winning a battle. The system for information in slo should be quick and uncomplicated. Because of the fast passed battle system.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 14:07:21 by cmsurfer »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 17:23:47 »
But again these cards are your Charicter-so instead of separate Jutsu to read your info
Traded/sold.

Copied cards should have a time stamp on them so people know how out of date the info is.

The intelligence core discussed in the other thread could still have a Jutsu to copy the cards with out needing to defeat the player.

Rather than having a Jutsu that has to be trained to gather information out of thin air from no direct source... Also with the Jutsu there is no proof the information is accurate.

This is because information is key to winning a battle. The system for information in slo should be quick and uncomplicated. Because of the fast passed battle system.

Dude that IS my idea. Kinda...

The jutsu creates the information onto the cards/scrolls.
There is no reason why it can't be copied. There is no reason why there can't be a timestamp.

And I don't think I mentioned that a player has to be defeated to have their information copied, just that they are still for a while. I know it isn't as easy as the original idea but I was hoping my idea would allow for information gathering to have a much larger role in the game as opposed to just roleplay.

Furthermore; I don't think that there should be any proof of accuracy. It should be down to individuals as to whether they trust the information or not, it leaves room for information to be manipulated to one's advantage and adds another layer of reality. Trust would have to be earned between information traders as the wrong information could kill.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 18:06:04 »
Your missing the point of the cards...
there your charicters UI for training skills and stats 1st and formost. But it also serves as a place for the Jutsu YOU thought up to get its information from. As well as creates a item that will help drive the economy of slo.

I'm not trying to steal your idea here... and your right misinformation is an important tactic but how dose the people on your team know the information... shouldn't they be able to access it as well. How dose the kage know what level of training you have reseved so he dosent send you to your death or undervalue your skills. The cards salve all these problems.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 18:34:40 »
Your missing the point of the cards...
there your charicters UI for training skills and stats 1st and formost.

woah woah woah stat cards???? I never talked about stat cards...thats an entirely different thing.

The thing about these is that I don't think Vreg intended these values to be public. Obviously the game is going to run on numbers and increasing values in accordance to user experience and training but I thought that those would be hidden from view as they are now. There might be numerical damage values that are listed after each attack but stats that are known to the reader would take attention away from individual skill at the game.

I assumed that the ELO system would be the only way used to judge a user's rank/relative strength. That should be able to solve the problem especially if the ELO system is going to be as balanced as planned.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 19:14:10 »
It was my understanding that elo governed rank
Only not charicter strengths, skills and Jutsu.
Every mmorpg has some kind of charicter customized skills. These would be displayed on the card along with your elo scores village clans Orgs basicly everything you do.

The very fact that there are skill trees supposes some kind of skill stat system.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 19:47:38 by cmsurfer »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016, 16:48:27 »
Every mmorpg has some kind of charicter customized skills. These would be displayed on the card along with your elo scores village clans Orgs basicly everything you do.

The very fact that there are skill trees supposes some kind of skill stat system.

Yes ofc I totally agree, what I don't know though is if this information going to be made public. I thought that we'd be in the dark of all our stats with only the ELO to judge our rank. Very much like the current system where we aren't told any of our stats.

If our stats ARE made public, then I do agree it would be a good idea to allow them to be copied. But maybe on a different card? with a different jutsu?

I'm not a massive fan of anyone being able to ge my stats so easily...

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2016, 19:47:32 »

Yes ofc I totally agree, what I don't know though is if this information going to be made public. I thought that we'd be in the dark of all our stats with only the ELO to judge our rank. Very much like the current system where we aren't told any of our stats.

If our stats ARE made public, then I do agree it would be a good idea to allow them to be copied. But maybe on a different card? with a different jutsu?

Basically anyone could gather intel about your STATS in game by having a spy/scout on your tail who reports back to their village.

As in "He's very bad/bad/average/skilled/very skilled in <FILL IN JUTSU TREE>" or "He has very little (etc etc) Stamina/chakra/endurance (for health)".

That's more roleplay wise though. But I think you get my point.

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Ghost0000

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2016, 20:09:17 »

Basically anyone could gather intel about your STATS in game by having a spy/scout on your tail who reports back to their village.

As in "He's very bad/bad/average/skilled/very skilled in <FILL IN JUTSU TREE>" or "He has very little (etc etc) Stamina/chakra/endurance (for health)".

That's more roleplay wise though. But I think you get my point.
true that
  • Character Name: Ghost Raiu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2016, 21:00:01 »
@Manuster

They need to defeat you to get your Info Inless they have that Jutsu you came up with

@DarthTyrael

That's true and for General perposes it would suffice but how dose anyone know that your telling the truth... would you take on a mission to hunt down a rouge ninja with just that information.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 13:42:35 by cmsurfer »

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 09:19:57 »
@Manuster

They need to defeat you to get your Info Inless they have that Jutsu you came up with

@DarthTyrael

That's true and for General perposes it would suffice but how dose anyone know that your telling the truth... would you take on a mission to hunt down a rouge ninja with just that information.

Would you not think the most trusted ANBU/Scouts are send to investigate that target, therefore relying on their information is correct?

The only way the information in that matter would be insufficient/lacking/wrong is that the situation the 'target' was in he'd either be holding back or know he was being scouted, therefore using whole different tactics.

In any case, the acquiring of cards after the owner has been permanently killed adds nothing more than a sort of 'trophy' system. It has no real usage in terms of strategically planning how you may want to tackle that certain individual, which takes me back to my former statement.

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Manuster

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 13:23:08 »
Traded/sold.

Dude that IS my idea. Kinda...

The jutsu creates the information onto the cards/scrolls.
There is no reason why it can't be copied. There is no reason why there can't be a timestamp.

And I don't think I mentioned that a player has to be defeated to have their information copied, just that they are still for a while. I know it isn't as easy as the original idea but I was hoping my idea would all
@Manuster

That's rather unrealistic...I do think it would be much better if that doesn't have to be the case. Having the target within their line of sight should be enough to get the information, and maybe the target should be still for a certain time period.

But defeating the target for the information defeats the point of gathering the information anyway. As DankDaddyT said, ANBU, spies and scouts are going to be those tasked with finding out information about the enemy; information that is THEN used to bring said enemy to their demise.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 16:37:53 by Manuster »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2016, 13:27:54 »
And that's true but if you took down the highest ranked ELO ninja wouldn't you want the bragging rights and proof!!! The cards offer that and a strategic way of assessing the targets strength... and with a time stamp you will have a good idea of there strength and potential growth. Having a RP system for information would give you general information but would be more difficult to predict what direction they are training in... for example
A tracker reports that some one is sting in ninjutsu and Advanced chakra control and week in stamina. They use substitution JUTSU until you let your guard down then use a long distance fire style Jutsu as there main attacks.
Now granted that's good information!!
But you don't know if that's a high ranked ninja that is holding back against a weeker opponent or if it's a low ranking ninja going all out.
And you don't know what they have trained in they could be low ranked training towed a medical ninjutsu route, or in advanced chakra bassed attacks. Sence you get a copy of there stats and skills on the card it would be much more comprehensive and would be able to predict which why they are leaning.

@Manuster
That's only for people to get the info without the Jutsu you thought up.

Your Jutsu can copy there card from a distance
Others would need to  incapacitate there target to copy there info for realizem sake.

This also puts a small risk to every battle... the more your information is out there the more you will need to change up your tactics.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 13:32:06 by cmsurfer »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2016, 16:55:03 »
And that's true but if you took down the highest ranked ELO ninja wouldn't you want the bragging rights and proof!!!

I'm sure there must be another way to do this without the cards. You would be able to steal something from the person and if you're in a kill zone then their head would be proof enough.

The cards offer that and a strategic way of assessing the targets strength... and with a time stamp you will have a good idea of there strength and potential growth. Having a RP system for information would give you general information but would be more difficult to predict what direction they are training in... for example
A tracker reports that some one is sting in ninjutsu and Advanced chakra control and week in stamina. They use substitution JUTSU until you let your guard down then use a long distance fire style Jutsu as there main attacks.
Now granted that's good information!!
But you don't know if that's a high ranked ninja that is holding back against a weeker opponent or if it's a low ranking ninja going all out.
And you don't know what they have trained in they could be low ranked training towed a medical ninjutsu route, or in advanced chakra bassed attacks.

nonononono thats too much, thats too detailed. Knowing the jutsus they can use is enough as well as their speciality but do you not think that some information is better not known?

One should be able to hold back to deceive any spies, it wont particularly be easy to hold back against someone in battle unless there is a massive gap. And besides its far more realistic that way.
Being able to report the jutsus that someone use is still information, regardless of whether or not they can use more, more powerful jutsu.

@Manuster
That's only for people to get the info without the Jutsu you thought up.

Your Jutsu can copy there card from a distance
Others would need to  incapacitate there target to copy there info for realizem sake.

This also puts a small risk to every battle... the more your information is out there the more you will need to change up your tactics.

Yep, thats the point but not all their info. My jutsu will also pose a risk because at certain levels, some users will be able to detect that a jutsu is being cast on them.

What I think may be a good compromise would be to let some information be attainable at a distance and some information available only by incapitation. Of course it would be up to Vreg as to which information is gathered and how but it does serve the purpose of not making it too hard/easy to identify someone.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2016, 02:08:25 »
What I think may be a good compromise would be to let some information be attainable at a distance and some information available only by incapitation. Of course it would be up to Vreg as to which information is gathered and how but it does serve the purpose of not making it too hard/easy to identify someone.
@Manuster
That's more or less what I was thinking
The Jutsu should reveal less I think...
If you defeat them then you will have earned the right to learn as much about them as you can. And take the trophy if you kill them.
But information was the original perposes of the real ninja... they were first and formost spy's. Information should be the main drive of the economy. Eather missions for a village or for rouges to earn money.

And when it come to my characters performance:
damage/ movement speed/chakra control/ stamina/
I want to know why I can do things and can't do others.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 19:54:08 by cmsurfer »

Offline AbeMelbs

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • AbeMelbs has no influence.
  • Leader of The Creed
    • View Profile
    • Youtube - Vongola SLO
  • Clan:
    Code: [Select]
    [url=www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=3186.0][img]i.imgur.com/NWnjp2v.png?1[/img][/url]
  • Organization: The Creed
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2016, 21:35:44 »
I'm not sure about the card but i made this >> https://sway.com/K7Huar5DL2Sqhnme <<

That is info on my character.. the skills are based on what SLO and NC have already and where i think i am.

Was thinking of creating more of these or something.
  • Character Name: Kyuzaki
What was I thinking?

View My Video

My Character

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage