Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64464
Latest: mozgyou
New This Month: 333
New This Week: 9
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76783
Total Topics: 22326
Most Online Today: 1164
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1071
Total: 1084

Author Topic: Ninja experience and other sugestion  (Read 10450 times)

Offline popcornfrenzy

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • popcornfrenzy has no influence.
  • Power Of Mind!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Maindo Clan

• Organization: Heiwa

Re: Ninja experience and other sugestion
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 04:46:02 »
my clan is good for sensing and spying so its a candidate for that :D
  • Character Name: Saino Maindo

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 18:15:25 »

I agree with texas here... the kage needs to know the abilities of the ninja under his command.I.E Village ninja and Rogue skills up until they became rogue. However this is as far as the info should automatically go. now maybe there could be an intelligence core that sole duty is to bring back info on jutsu that other village, and rogue ninja use. They could have a skill that lets them record the battles they survive and upload them to the library... so others could reference jutsu used by a certain player... this would give people in the village an idea of the battle strategies  used by that person. the records could be referenced by player name, eventually all that players jutsu will be viewed,but new jutsu there currently training would still be unknown. This seems the most realistic solution to me.

While this 'does' seem kind of interesting, isn't it a bit hard to say whether or not the majority of players would 'survive' those fights? Theoretically speaking, in order to survive, you'd have to:

A. Escape (unlikely given how fast most fights go down in ANY PvP setting).
B. Capture the shinobi (this would be best to have a tracking-nin on hand, so you could just identify what jutsu the player uses without having to further engage them in combat...?).
C. Kill the shinobi (in which case that information is almost useless given the opponent is dead, especially in the case of rogues since they don't normally form wholly new clans and begin teaching the jutsu they've learned; the catalogued player with their used jutsu now merely takes up space).
D. Go green get lucky -- aka survive because the enemy was either merciful/stupid enough to allow you to live after the fight.

Not to mention the relatively small amount of shinobi that would take up the job of tracking-nin...
Sorry for the late reply to this...
But in regards to your  scenarios above.
There all  accurate
Except escape, capture, and luck as you all it will be more likely. Killing an opponent outside of a kill zone dose not end tha charicter remember.
It's only pointless if it's in a kill zone.
And again if you are beet out of a killZone
You do not die... And still bring back Intell
Or they let you live in a kill Zone because not May people will be trackers like you said.
And if you capture them you'll I target them for all there jutsu so, this skill should be part of the
Intelligence and intarigatios squads abuilitys

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2016, 19:23:25 »
Pretty old topic but boutta drop an opinion on it anyway

In the naruto universe, the bingo book is compiled and distributed by high ranking village members and or the kage. Just let the Kage make the bingo book. The bingo book isn't the same for every village. Don't want your technique to be known? Don't let anyone run back to the village to tell their kage :) . A separate list of allied shinobi from your village should be visible to atleast the Kage with a short run down of who you are, some statistics like number of different missions completed, and your specializations. This way the Kage can effectively send the right people on the right missions. Without this, you might send two chuunin on a tracking mission, unaware that neither of them can track.

Long story short

Kage's make and distribute your own bingo books based on who are known threats, and should be able to have access to a list of active shinobi, their squads, and specializations.
Whether or not every can see this list is up to the dev team

(Personally, if theres a blank book item that allows us to take notes in game, I usually profile everyone anyway)

Offline Manuster

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2016, 20:06:20 »
Meh.

This seems over complicated.

Name: Shinobi Identification

Type: Sensory

Descrption:
A jutsu that allows the caster to identify certain information about a person.  The distance the caster has to be to discover this information will increase with use.

Requirements:
This jutsu requires the caster to hold a scroll (Preferably empty, used scrolls will be overwritten). Once completed, the information will appear on the scroll that the caster is holding.

This jutsu also requires the user to watch/touch the target for a certain period of time, leaving them vulnerable to attacks and unable to cast other jutsu.

Effects:
The information obtained would start off at 1 and with practice, skill, lots of time and chakra, the information would go up to 14.

• Current Village: (Rogue's will appear as "None")
  • Clan:
  • First Name:
  • Number of jutsu(s) learnt:
  • Primary Chakra Type:
  • Secondary Chakra Type:
  • Inheritor of Village's Chakra Nature Combo (Yes/No)
  • Kekkei Genkai: (Yes/No)
  • (If Kekkei Genkai is Yes) Name Of Kekkei Genkai:
  • Kill Count:

Name: Jutsu Identification

Type: Sensory

Description:
A jutsu that allows the caster to identify features of any jutsu used/casted by an enemy.  The distance the caster has to be to discover this information will increase with use.

Requirements:
This jutsu requires the caster to hold a scroll (Preferably empty, used scrolls will be overwritten). Once completed, the information will appear on the scroll that the caster is holding.

This jutsu also requires the user to watch the target as they cast AND use/set up the jutsu, leaving them vulnerable to attacks and unable to cast jutsu.

In the case of Genjutsu, the user will be affected as normal, but the information will not print until after they are released from the Genjutsu.

Effects:
The information obtained would start off at 1 and with practice, skill, lots of time and chakra, the information would go up to 5.

• Jutsu Chakra nature:
  • Jutsu Difficulty:
  • Forbidden(Yes/No):
  • Number of times used:
  • Jutsu Name

Basically. This information can be gathered by sensory type ninja. It is up to the Kage and ANBU to stockpile as much of this information as they can using any means necessary.

As Academy Students are promoted to Genin. There should probably be an NPC that performs "Shinobi Identification: Level 9" on every new Genin. This will give Kage an approximate value of each Shinobi that passes through their ranks while also keeping Kill Count. This would have to be manually updated and would be the responsibility of the Kage and the ANBU.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 15:05:53 by Manuster »
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 13:24:49 »
Well thought out. And a great new skill to train. Perhaps some kind of Barrier ninjutsu would be ideal for sensory type ninja...so there not completely defenseless. 3 4 5 and 7 tag barriers
Set at increasingly high radii.
3:  1 meter
4:  3 meter
5:  10 meter
7.  20 meter

Offline Manuster

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 14:03:05 »
Well thought out. And a great new skill to train. Perhaps some kind of Barrier ninjutsu would be ideal for sensory type ninja...so there not completely defenseless. 3 4 5 and 7 tag barriers
Set at increasingly high radii.
3:  1 meter
4:  3 meter
5:  10 meter
7.  20 meter

Aye but the whole idea of my jutsu was that sensory type ninja would have to work in a team or sneak up on an enemy in the middle of training. The barrier jutsu could work, but it's impossible to cast another jutsu while using 'Jutsu Idenification' or 'Shinobi Identification'

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 14:29:25 »
So your talking about a sensory jutsu???not a skill. The information you mentioned above could be obtained through the simple act of observation. No chakra required. Barriers need to be set up before hand. And are active as long as the caster has chakra. All the barriers would do is keep Some one from coming up and stabing you in the back. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought sensory type was one of the 5 tree skills and there for should be a self  sufficient.
It just seems pointless to wast chakra on a jutsu that you can get the same effect of just by watching what the other player is doing.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 14:36:14 by cmsurfer »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 14:37:42 »
So your talking about a sensory jutsu???not a skill. The information you mentioned above could be obtained through the simple act of observation. No chakra required. Barriers need to be set up before hand. And are active as long as the caster has chakra. All the barriers would do is keep Some one from coming up and stabing you in the back. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought sensory type was one of the 5 tree skills and there for should be a self  sufficient.

How would you obtain any of that information through observation? People will be wearing cloaks and masks, especially if they are rogue. There also likely won't be a name tag above their name.

The only information you'd know might be their gender. And if the individual isn't fighting you, you'd have no way of knowing their chakra natures.

And even then, it's very likely that a prolific rogue wouldn't want to expose himself by using any jutsu/chakra combination he is known for.

As for the barriers that you described, I have no problem with. I thought you were referring to a forcefield like object that the caster would have to manually hold up. If it's going to be using seals and be pre-set up then it shouldn't affect the sensory jutsu at all.

In fact it's quite a smart addition xD.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 14:49:47 by Manuster »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 14:49:01 »
Yeah think of the tag barrier the Akatsuki used to hide gara when they were extracting the 1 tails

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 14:23:10 »
@Vreg

I don't know if barriers were somthing you were thinking of puting in... But I had an idea of how it could be done...

T# could bring up a location target  circle that if clicked on would place a tag in that location

T3 would bring up 3 circles in a triangle shape 3 meters from you and create a tetragonal barrier
(That's a 3 sided pyramid shape)

T4 a cube shape 4 meters

T5  pentagon shape barrier with a open top, Walls 10 meters tall 5 meters

T6 pentagon shape and one at your feet to create a sealing for the death cage barrier
Center tag can be detonated manually or if it is tampered with in any way.

Once tags are set barrier hand seals 3-6 # would activate the barrier so the could be used to trap or defend against an opponent.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:52:27 by cmsurfer »