Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64462
Latest: leoidd
New This Month: 331
New This Week: 15
New Today: 15
Stats
Total Posts: 76652
Total Topics: 22196
Most Online Today: 1181
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 779
Total: 793
EdithSoure
leoidd
JamesMiz
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (9)

Author Topic: Robbing players.Starving?  (Read 15872 times)

Offline Utunama

• Xendrus' Bitch
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Utunama has no influence.
  • Second King Spammer
    • View Profile
Robbing players.Starving?
« on: May 11, 2014, 17:06:35 »
Hello, first off, Vreg, I love the progress you did with Shinobi Life Online, I remember the stress test back in the days.
Now, I have a question or a suggestion, both of them most likely.
Will you be able to rob players?And will players be able to start their own organization, with their base, village.No idea if this questions have been already answered or suggested.
Now, I think it will be that players can make their own "factions" but my real question and suggestion is, will you be able to /ROB PLAYERS?/.First off, I believe there is need for money in the game so you can buy armor and if you make a group of friends, you could go, rob other ninjas, players.
And will your character be starving?
Thanks.

• Character Name: Utunama

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
Re: Robbing players.Starving?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 17:30:40 »
Your character will not starve to death, but food will be used to replenish your health and chakra.

You will not be able to rob players but you can kill them and take whatever items they had on them.
You can start your own organization, but to as organizations having their own base, that will be determined later, and if it were to happen, it won't be anytime  soon.
  • Character Name: Saitou

Offline Sented

• Academy Student Poster
  • Sented has no influence.
  • Looking forward to this project. Really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 17:38:53 »
Arrrrrrrr! :D. Guys finish the project already lol. I can't wait. Lol. Ok I beder shut up and put donations where me mouth is. But reli. This could turn up to be a one on one competitor with one of the biggest MMOs out there
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 17:43:10 by Sented »

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 17:43:14 »
could or couldn't ? I'm confused. And if we have the required resources, then yes i believe it can turn out great.

Offline RyoHazuki

• Genin Poster
  • RyoHazuki has no influence.
  • Have you seen any sailors?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 17:44:22 »
Your character will not starve to death, but food will be used to replenish your health and chakra.

You will not be able to rob players but you can kill them and take whatever items they had on them.
You can start your own organization, but to as organizations having their own base, that will be determined later, and if it were to happen, it won't be anytime soon.

First off, I would like to applaud you guys for not going with the annoying ass system where you must consistently feed your character in order to keep him in top condition. I have seen it done before and it's just a bad design in my opinion. Secondly, how will we be able to take their stuff from their body if it is bound? Will that not pose a problem? 
  • Character Name: Ryo
When does a ninja strike?

A ninja waits until the time is right. When his enemy sleeps and drops his guard. When his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike.

Offline Sented

• Academy Student Poster
  • Sented has no influence.
  • Looking forward to this project. Really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 17:49:58 »
Sorry. I corrected that word. Was supposed to say 'could'. Sorry :)

Offline Aoi

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Aoi has no influence.
  • Just being me.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 22:45:10 »
Like, would being able to steal like their Kekkai Genkai's after you kill them or something be available ? That would be really awesome, especially if I have no Kekkai Genkai :(

Offline StroodleCake

• Academy Student Poster
  • StroodleCake has no influence.
  • Not quite new, not quite old, been around a little
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 03:04:42 »
I like the idea of healing with food, but it would be unrealistic if mid battle someone could instantly heal after being nocked close to death. That would never happen in real life and would be quite annoying if essentially beat someone in battle, but he heals up really quickly and kills you...
  • Character Name: Satoshi Gekko

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 03:30:50 »
You need to be out of combat and seated to eat food or pills. it takes 2 to 5 minutes to be out of combat.

Offline StroodleCake

• Academy Student Poster
  • StroodleCake has no influence.
  • Not quite new, not quite old, been around a little
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 04:51:02 »
Brilliant hahaha you guys think of everything  :D
  • Character Name: Satoshi Gekko

Offline Monk

• Academy Student Poster
  • Monk has no influence.
  • 3D Animator & Rigging Artist
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 14:09:08 »
Hello, first off, Vreg, I love the progress you did with Shinobi Life Online, I remember the stress test back in the days.
Now, I have a question or a suggestion, both of them most likely.
Will you be able to rob players?And will players be able to start their own organization, with their base, village.No idea if this questions have been already answered or suggested.
Now, I think it will be that players can make their own "factions" but my real question and suggestion is, will you be able to /ROB PLAYERS?/.First off, I believe there is need for money in the game so you can buy armor and if you make a group of friends, you could go, rob other ninjas, players.
And will your character be starving?
Thanks.

We actually had a short discussion about player bases and organizations. I love the idea of Shinobi being able to capture and hold a base for their own missing ninja organization.I made a suggestion similar in which random spots around the world are avaliable for capture and avaliable for a base.They would be hidden but available for claiming for your own organization and such. The most important thing though is making sure this isnt like your generic MMORPG. The idea is to make a simulator that mimics reality along with the ninja world.If your gang or organization lives up in a nearby mountain hideout no one should have to know about it but you, and as your organization becomes a major threat ,The Kage should send ninjas should be deployed to seek you out.

I like the idea of healing with food, but it would be unrealistic if mid battle someone could instantly heal after being nocked close to death. That would never happen in real life and would be quite annoying if essentially beat someone in battle, but he heals up really quickly and kills you...

With that being said you couldn't store a bowl of Ramen in your pocket so you couldn't do it within Shinobi Life Online. Food pills at the most would be in your pocket and would provide a small boost of energy or buff.Otherwise food items should be made at campsites or within villages.

Like, would being able to steal like their Kekkai Genkai's after you kill them or something be available ? That would be really awesome, especially if I have no Kekkai Genkai :(

Kekkai Genkai literally means Bloodline Limit so in less you're directly related to said person you wouldnt have the heritage needed to perform the jutsu. With that being said Kekkai Genkais will be very very special and alot of work is being applied to make sure they're mechanics make sense and aid gameplay. :)
Sado Hozuki - "The Wandering Monk"

Offline Azarf

• Academy Student Poster
  • Azarf has no influence.
  • The will of water
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 01:26:18 »

You can start your own organization, but to as organizations having their own base, that will be determined later, and if it were to happen, it won't be anytime  soon.

Well i was thinking, what if u chose not to kill the player? he would be weak and u could steal something from him.

This is how i would propose this to work , in cases like this u could only steal 33% of what he is carrying at random.
why random, because if he has lets say 10 items, 3 are super rare and the rest is garbage. then he would have to be lucky to get those. this is to people get to think if want to kill and get full loot or just let him go and be able to steal some.
  • Character Name: Azarf

Offline The Seanson

• Academy Student Poster
  • The Seanson has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 08:13:45 »
This is my first post so forgive me if I'm wrong, but
To my understanding, if you die, you die, that's  it.  If some powerful player came to me and said give me your money or I kill you, I would give him my money so that I do not have to make a new character.
[Genuine Signature]

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 09:00:20 »
Yes that is correct. If you're weak you shouldn't walk out of a village alone. If you're like 3  weak players, but do know how to play, then you do stand a chance against a strong player.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 04:01:58 »

Well i was thinking, what if u chose not to kill the player? he would be weak and u could steal something from him.

This is how i would propose this to work , in cases like this u could only steal 33% of what he is carrying at random.
why random, because if he has lets say 10 items, 3 are super rare and the rest is garbage. then he would have to be lucky to get those. this is to people get to think if want to kill and get full loot or just let him go and be able to steal some.
Completely defeating someone allows you to take away anything they have on them.
  • Character Name: Vuregu