Forum > Shinobi Life Online Suggestions

Jutsu input

(1/3) > >>

Summerwine:
I really good way of allowing multiple jutsu is using the number pad. For example, 2385 = multi shadow clone or 192367 = rasengan. The high level the jutsu, the more numbers you have to memorize.

Though you might want to put a time limit on number input, it's only logical :P

Vreg:
Actually, seals on Shinobi Life Online were originally programmed to the numeric keypad. Why did I change it? Because when you use the numeric keypad, certain buttons shut down. This causes all kinds of unwanted twerks in-game.

Summerwine:

--- Quote from: Vreg on May 21, 2013, 12:16:21 ---Actually, seals on Shinobi Life Online were originally programmed to the numeric keypad. Why did I change it? Because when you use the numeric keypad, certain buttons shut down. This causes all kinds of unwanted twerks in-game.

--- End quote ---
What do you mean certain numbers shut down? Are you sure you just weren't hitting the num lock key?

Vreg:

--- Quote from: Summerwine on May 21, 2013, 14:05:36 ---
--- Quote from: Vreg on May 21, 2013, 12:16:21 ---Actually, seals on Shinobi Life Online were originally programmed to the numeric keypad. Why did I change it? Because when you use the numeric keypad, certain buttons shut down. This causes all kinds of unwanted twerks in-game.

--- End quote ---
What do you mean certain numbers shut down? Are you sure you just weren't hitting the num lock key?

--- End quote ---
No lol, no accidental numlock hits. Here's an example: If you press and hold shift, pressing a key from the keypad disabled that shift temporarily. Not only that, the numeric key does not get registered as pressed. Therefore running and doing a seal results in the character just walking and nothing more.

By using letters on the keyboard, this problem does not occur. It's not that bad.

T Y U I O P
G H J
V B N

Those are the keys that will be linked to the seals. They work both for Azerty and Qwerty.

1. bird T
2. boar Y
3. dog U

4. dragon G
5. ox H
6. tiger J

7. snake V
8. rat B
9. horse N

10. monkey I
11. hare O
12. ram P

That's ^ an official list of how the seals will look on the keyboard.

RockSauron:
Ah, I was about to make a thread about this exact topic. Oh well, carry on :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version