Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64066
Latest: travemunc
New This Month: 4159
New This Week: 125
New Today: 25
Stats
Total Posts: 73914
Total Topics: 20765
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 697
Total: 706
Google (9)

Author Topic: Giant Shuriken  (Read 4911 times)

Offline The Cliche Cat

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • The Cliche Cat has no influence.
  • Work No Yes Money
    • View Profile
Giant Shuriken
« on: October 03, 2017, 07:53:09 »
One of the ninja tools in game should be a big/giant shuriken! It could work similar to how miniguns works in FPS, where it takes 2 or 3 seconds to warm up before it starts firing. In the case of the shuriken it takes a few seconds to start spinning it before you're actually able to throw it.

I would suggest that getting a hit with a weapon like this would do a decent amount of damage, since it is literally a large flying piece of sharp steel; It would be a mid/long range weapon. To prevent it from being op they could make it so you have to be standing still to throw it, and/or have it so you can only carry a maximum of 3; This would make sense because the big shuriken are indeed large and heavy.
If this was added to the game it would definitely be something I would have my character use.

• Character Name: Mei

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: Giant Shuriken
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 14:16:10 »
love the idea!! it could also have several hits of normal damage on a single hit, adding up to the damage you suggest.
This weapon type was planed if I remember right.
 If you want I can use the outline of the avatar you have and make it 3d with a fuma shuraken!!

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 18:24:10 »
     Sounds like it'd be completely impractical compared to most other shinobi weapons/jutsu...but regardless, it is still pretty cool to fantasize over >_). In my opinion, it should also pin enemies to whatever terrain is behind/beneath them -- within a certain distance of a meter or two, otherwise they're just knocked down or stunned; that could *really* make it an impressive weapon to behold (especially since you'd need to be particularly strong or otherwise boosting yourself with a good deal of chakra to wield it).
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline The Cliche Cat

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • The Cliche Cat has no influence.
  • Work No Yes Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 23:22:50 »
love the idea!! it could also have several hits of normal damage on a single hit, adding up to the damage you suggest.
This weapon type was planed if I remember right.
 If you want I can use the outline of the avatar you have and make it 3d with a fuma shuraken!!

I'm having someone draw my character soon, so that won't be necessary; But thank you for the offer. That was very kind of you.

Sounds like it'd be completely impractical compared to most other shinobi weapons/jutsu...but regardless, it is still pretty cool to fantasize over >_). In my opinion, it should also pin enemies to whatever terrain is behind/beneath them -- within a certain distance of a meter or two, otherwise they're just knocked down or stunned; that could *really* make it an impressive weapon to behold (especially since you'd need to be particularly strong or otherwise boosting yourself with a good deal of chakra to wield it).

How would it be 'completely impractical'?
  • Character Name: Mei

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 14:13:38 »
He means as a second strike weapon!! As an ambush weapon it's fine but it would take too much time to wind up if your already in a fight. Unless your able to create some distance with a Genjutsu or some trap.

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 00:32:02 »

How would it be 'completely impractical'?

He means as a second strike weapon!! As an ambush weapon it's fine but it would take too much time to wind up if your already in a fight. Unless your able to create some distance with a Genjutsu or some trap.

^

Edit: Additionally, having those extra effects would increase its attractiveness overall -- if it's already going to take a good amount of strength (and the right opportunity to throw it), being able to pin the target down for another blow or two helps balance it out for a wider variety of situations.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 00:39:12 by Dragon6624 »
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 11:40:23 »
The rigged shuriken would be a good effect too. If it dose less damage but has a splash damage effect.

Also the demand wind shuriken that Sasuke used against zabuza that folds up in to a blade would be much more practical for all around use. But the fuma style should do more damage.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:51:00 by NinjaMirage »