Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64064
Latest: Vilianaptp
New This Month: 4157
New This Week: 123
New Today: 29
Stats
Total Posts: 73879
Total Topics: 20756
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 753
Total: 768
Seo-Ul-nor
Vikiijo
Ernestfep
titlesuitsai
Google (AdSense)
Google (9)
Baidu

Author Topic: To be or not to be...a sheep  (Read 9132 times)

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Blazefp has no influence.
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
To be or not to be...a sheep
« on: July 01, 2017, 17:39:49 »
Spoiler: show
I'm probably gonna regret writing this but I felt it needed to be said

Now that I've gathered all the pseudo-philosophers here (there's been a lot lately), I gotta ask what's up with the "Don't like the topic don't post" mentality that so many people seem to support?

Are we supposed to just turn a blind eye on things we don't like? For instance I see someone appealing to violence here in the forums? Am I wrong if I go out of my way to try and stop that? Because if you say "don't like it, don't post" it kinda sounds like you don't accept anything other than your own point of view. I realize one thing is harming another human being quite another is just posting useless threads but the argument stands, if someone is baited to a thread that turns out he doesn't think it belongs there or he finds it useless or whatever shouldn't he be allowed to voice his opinion on the thread?
If you post about a particularly controversial topic expect people to react controversially. We're all here in this forum, if we don't like something we should have the right to say so. I for once think if a thread is shitty people are entitled to say so, it's their opinion after all.

This is gonna rub many people on the wrong side but at least it serves the purpose of stopping this childish mentality.
If you have anything to say on this matter, positive or negative, don't keep it to yourself speak up, even if it is saying that this thread is crappy.

• Character Name: Blazefp

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Re: To be or not to be...a sheep
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 17:54:52 »
Just by reading the first few lines I noticed where you went off track.
It's not about people not sharing the same points of view, it's about the haters.

The creator of the thread noticed he received hate on his post. The comments were not even going against his point of view, they were literally calling his post a shitpost, to which he responded with "if you don't like it, don't comment".

There's nothing wrong with it, lol.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 17:55:58 »
Spoiler: show
I'm probably gonna regret writing this but I felt it needed to be said

Now that I've gathered all the pseudo-philosophers here (there's been a lot lately), I gotta ask what's up with the "Don't like the topic don't post" mentality that so many people seem to support?

Are we supposed to just turn a blind eye on things we don't like? For instance I see someone appealing to violence here in the forums? Am I wrong if I go out of my way to try and stop that? Because if you say "don't like it, don't post" it kinda sounds like you don't accept anything other than your own point of view. I realize one thing is harming another human being quite another is just posting useless threads but the argument stands, if someone is baited to a thread that turns out he doesn't think it belongs there or he finds it useless or whatever shouldn't he be allowed to voice his opinion on the thread?
If you post about a particularly controversial topic expect people to react controversially. We're all here in this forum, if we don't like something we should have the right to say so. I for once think if a thread is shitty people are entitled to say so, it's their opinion after all.

This is gonna rub many people on the wrong side but at least it serves the purpose of stopping this childish mentality.
If you have anything to say on this matter, positive or negative, don't keep it to yourself speak up, even if it is saying that this thread is crappy.

I didn't read through this entirely but I completely agree from the first few lines. It is 100% correct. These philosophical posts are absolutely fucking trash. I am a Christian but you don't see me preaching about it or arguing the case of if god is real on an indie project. take that sort of opinion to a place that doesn't make those who come here to escape reality or to enjoy themselves feel uncomfortable or awkward by such a serious subject. It's not that hard really, you just take your opinion somewhere else where it is more welcome.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 18:03:56 »
Just by reading the first few lines I noticed where you went off track.
It's not about people not sharing the same points of view, it's about the haters.

The creator of the thread noticed he received hate on his post. The comments were not even going against his point of view, they were literally calling his post a shitpost, to which he responded with "if you don't like it, don't comment".

There's nothing wrong with it, lol.

The part "if you don't like it, don't comment" is what's wrong. Because if I don't like it you can bet I'm gonna say I don't like it. Just as if I like it you can bet I'm gonna say I like it. Unless I'm to lazy to speak which is most often.

There's a difference between haters and guys that just don't like a controversial thread ya know, haters hate all the time while the other guys simply hated that particular thread. I'm against haters but not against the latter

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 18:56:36 »
Everyone is initialed to there opinion but threads have topics for a reason. Telling someone that there posts are shit is not even on topic! I have no clue what's happening in other clan threads simply because I don't care and don't open them. If you have no interest in a topic why open it and say you have no interest in it? I'm sure people in himatsu don't want to here my opinion on why I don't care about there clan. I think it's pretty  presumptuous  of people to open a topic and instead of participating on the topic to give there opinion of the perpose of the topic, or criticism of it!

This is exactly what the general thread was created for! Quote somthing and let your opinions fly there!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 19:48:30 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • Suroshi has no influence.
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 19:48:28 »
I believe everyone has their own opinion and I respect everyones views. However yes I have recently told people dont like the topic dont post but thats when they dont even give their opinion they just leave a slightly disrespectful mark that has nothing to do with the post in the first place... Kinda feel like this whole post was about me honestly.

Further more I made it clear I was attempting to be more active on the thread all I ever see is useless suggestions as to how everyone thinks they game should work when really none of their ideas are even going to come in to play, it will be years before vreg or any of the staff reads all the suggestions so I post other topics with the intent of getting people talking and debating.. I watch so many people post so many pointless post I just figured I'd ask deeper questions and get people talking but I get it yall only wanna read and talk about pretend slo clans and orgs or give your ideas as to how the game should work. I'll keep it in mind.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 20:43:31 by Nova »
  • Character Name: Suroshi

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 21:03:45 »
I believe everyone has their own opinion and I respect everyones views. However yes I have recently told people dont like the topic dont post but thats when they dont even give their opinion they just leave a slightly disrespectful mark that has nothing to do with the post in the first place... Kinda feel like this whole post was about me honestly.

Further more I made it clear I was attempting to be more active on the thread all I ever see is useless suggestions as to how everyone thinks they game should work when really none of their ideas are even going to come in to play, it will be years before vreg or any of the staff reads all the suggestions so I post other topics with the intent of getting people talking and debating.. I watch so many people post so many pointless post I just figured I'd ask deeper questions and get people talking but I get it yall only wanna read and talk about pretend slo clans and orgs or give your ideas as to how the game should work. I'll keep it in mind.

You sound like some emo kid trying to figure out the meaning of his pointless little life. Don't come to an online game with your worries and sorrows thanks. Seek professional help, ok? I worry about you.

If you think that reading or giving info about this game is pointless at this point. break from the forums until it is released. Why are you even here? just to rant the game isn't ready like some infant?

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 21:15:08 »
I've been talking to players and on forums trying to gauge out the community see how people think and what their belief systems are. But I see the community has its toxic people like everything else.

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 21:16:34 »
I've been talking to players and on forums trying to gauge out the community see how people think and what their belief systems are. But I see the community has its toxic people like everything else.

Dank victim card. I won't be responding to you no more on this matter. You just sound depressed.

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 21:47:11 »
Jeez let's step on the brakes a bit shall we?

@Suroshi It wasn't directed at you in particular but yes your post on the other thread was what triggered me to write this one.
I understand getting feedback like "this post is shit" isn't nice or constructive but it's at least a view on the matter. Someone actually asked me to explain once why I said his post was shit and I did it constructively. Unfortunately it didn't develop into a full mature discussion but for a while it was a normal healthy discussion.

The game is still very much in its infancy without much to talk about so if there's nothing useful to say just don't say anything imo. There are so many topics that don't really belong here, it's like going to an science lecture and hear about philosophy

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 22:14:51 »
Again if you want to discuss why a thread is crap or criticize a thread then talk it to general discussion! Don't do it on a thread with a spacific topic!

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 23:59:30 »
its cool man I have no hard feelings towards anyone, and I still respect everyones views about everything ima just lay off the forums for awhile if it isnt ingame idc at this point

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 02:00:34 »
Again if you want to discuss why a thread is crap or criticize a thread then talk it to general discussion! Don't do it on a thread with a spacific topic!
I just hate seeing them in the Recent Topics so much and some of em are clickbait as fuck like "Curious"

Offline RyRy

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Chunin Poster
  • RyRy has no influence.
  • Nan
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 02:14:41 »
I just hate seeing them in the Recent Topics so much and some of em are clickbait as fuck like "Curious"
That was actually my favourite post in a while ngl. Anyways, i didnt think it was deep enough to like... 'bully' the man off of the forums. Yeah 'the weak' and all that shit but still, its never that deep bro. However, the posts were absolutely brain dead bro, like if i wanted to find out peoples believe about God, id go to a fucking church LMAO. Or maybe buy a bible or some shit idk, but i come onto the forums to see what people are think about the game and how people want it to develop and shit. Idk if anyone else feels the same way but i really coudnt give a shit about the meaning of life and shit lol. Theres no need to rage quit the forum, just tone it down a little and keep shit relevant bro.

Side note: CBA to look over the english in this para. Defo no that deep lol
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:17:11 by RyanFlashfire »

My final form

Biggest Shidori on SLO
Shout out to CaioDarT and Rapho for the character image!

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 09:38:59 »
This forum was on a toxic-free streak until someone decided "the best place for philosophy is the SLO forum!"
I applaud you all that think the "make-believe" Kage and clans/orgs are irrelevant but a stupid post about existential crisis is. Einstein logic right there
  • Character Name: Ikiryo