Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 63874
Latest: Ponaldbiz
New This Month: 3967
New This Week: 29
New Today: 9
Stats
Total Posts: 73439
Total Topics: 20405
Most Online Today: 998
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 749
Total: 753
Google (4)

Poll

do you agree with this kind of system for trainable stats

yes
0 (0%)
needs work
0 (0%)
not sure
0 (0%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 31, 2016, 05:29:44

Author Topic: chakra control system (STATS)  (Read 90547 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: chakra control system (STATS)
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2017, 01:06:42 »
When I finish the blacksmithing items part you will see why I added other minerals.

I have 10 botanical poisons,5 mineral poison and 5 biological venems for a total of 20 items
if you mix 2 types you can make 50 different bertanical bassed poisons and 25 mineral or
biological poisons. if you mix 1 of each category you got 50 really supper poisons.

how many more poisons do you want??

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 15:19:02 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2017, 05:34:40 »
Blacksmithing schematic produced items
Molds:
Ingots
Shuriken
Kunei
Katana
Goujian (smaller buster)
Buster
Juin (shorter Goujian)
Dao
Senbon
Chain
Axe head
Halbert tip

Fuinjutsu molds:
All of the above x the Fuinjutsu effects you studied.

Alloys: ingets of
Ceramics- clay+ mineral or alloy( non-magnetic
Requires kilm)
Soder-lead tin
Bronze-copper tin, aluminiu
Brass- copper zinc
Steal- iron carbon( from coal)
Reinforced steal- iron carbon cobalt
Titanium gold- guess!!!
Amalgam- mercury+Tungsten
NaK-sodium patassium (medical) neutralize
Most mineral based toxins. ground down
Hiduminium- copper iron nickel aluminum
Y alloy-copper nickel magnesium aluminum
Selenium carbonate-(made up medical)brakes down venoms. Ground down
Patassium carbonate-(made up medical) brakes down herbal toxins. Ground down
Phoenixium- cobalt selenium magnesium calcium:
A unique alloy that responds to chakra to increase cell division and stimulates regeneration of limbs or organs.

Wood items
Paper scrolls
Chakra paper scrolls
Chakra paper tags
Boe staff
Chakra Boe staff
Bamboo cups
Bamboo bomb
Wood handles
Crafting table
Billows
Smoke bombs
Poison smoke bombs

Metal items
Kilm
Chemistry set
Cooking set
Stove
See above weapons listed in molds
Metal grinder/sharpener
Furnace
Anvil
Hammer

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:37:03 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2017, 14:24:04 »
This isn't a bad suggestion at all. Plus rep for the effort.
I kinda smiled when I saw dragon in the zoology section. xD

I say it's in the zodiac it's in the game!!! Just my 2 cents.
Hahah..looking foward to that. How exactly would this work assuming for instance, I mastered the rat in zoology. What are the perks?
@StriderOtaku
By rat I simply mean rodents. Mainly there used to infiltrate and steal items from places humans can't enter. Tamarins summoning of the wind weasel is a possibility.Some jutsu may be associated with certain animals. Snake tiger dragon are classic Kung-Fu styles of Taijutsu.
Some schematics might be exclusive to Zoology animals like venoms for poisons.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 23:08:26 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2017, 14:42:22 »
Training and stat

Some have questioned the need for stats in this game. And for battle I agree stats should not play a huge part. But stats need to be in the game. This is why!!!

When you are training it has bin said that doing repetitive actions and playing mini games will give you the skills needed to learn the jutsu you have scrolls for.

But how much training should not be standard for all players. For example: if you have bin focusing on strength.& stamina for Taijutsu skills and have not developed a lot of intelligence related skills related to chakra, it should take that player more practice with chakra related training then it would for a player that has bin training in ninjutsu skills.

But how do you do that. You need to have a stat that the game can use as a benchmark.
If a character has intelligence score of 100
For example they would need to do half as much training as a player with the stat of 50.

So if the player with 100 needs to run up a tree  10 times to lean the walk on wall skill.
The player with 50 would need to do it 20 times. So all types of training would need somthing to look at to see how much training that character needs to learn the skill.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 14:48:06 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2017, 14:49:43 »
Zoology

Why should this be in the game??

It has bin long planed to have animals that are going to try and survive in the SLO world.

I believe we would miss an opportunity to not have this field of study in the game.

Humans have studied animals through out history. I think missions to study the way the animals in slo fight, move, defend themselves, and Sence danger can unlock jutsu, strategys, and poisons that would be otherwise unavailable.

Also eventually being able to summon animals you study.  With 14 different genus of animals each village could specialize in 1 and have demesticated available to all villages. With only 1 type intelligent enuph to summon- dragons!!!

I know it's bin said that intelligent animals is not in the planes but it would be a shame to not give Fuinjutsu one of its most appealing jutsu.

Another idea is that mythical animals within a genus appeare once a month in a random location.

Some examples are :
 Phoenix
 Unicorn
 Basilisk
 Pixies/ or praying mantis
 Wearwolf
 Chimera
 Onikuma
 Ratatosk (Nordic)
 Encantado (aquatic)
 Ushi-oni
 Zhu Bajie
minhocão

That is just 1 of each in looking these up there are at least 5 years of  different ones before we need to recycle the old ones.

But not everyone will likely care for a summon. To capture  and seal one of these you should have to specialize in timespace skills under Fuinjutsu.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 23:45:58 by NinjaMirage »

Offline AY0

« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2017, 20:36:06 »
Training System I Think it Should Have a Limited time becouse i can stay 24h training if i really want to be insanly strong[

I Played a Martial Arts MMORPG that Aimed for this type of game even Had Chakra beasts (that wasnt the name tho)

And in that game if i could i would train all day fk the quests

so u should add a limited time of training for day

you should a training Bar ( like a stamina bar) that drains and takes 5h to refull (or more)

MY OPINION
  • Character Name: AYO

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2017, 23:01:51 »
Training System I Think it Should Have a Limited time becouse i can stay 24h training if i really want to be insanly strong[

I Played a Martial Arts MMORPG that Aimed for this type of game even Had Chakra beasts (that wasnt the name tho)

And in that game if i could i would train all day fk the quests

so u should add a limited time of training for day

you should a training Bar ( like a stamina bar) that drains and takes 5h to refull (or more)

MY OPINION

I'm not sure why this is needed. If all you want to do is train that's fine. But training like that would be costly for little gain. If you have read over the beginning of this thread you will notice that food drives your metabolism the sorce of your physical energy. If i was going to try and limite how much people could train I would make training more PE intensive then fighting or long traveling. This would basically force you to invest in training you need and not just train to try and OP your character. 

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2017, 09:22:35 »
So I have this friend who I was enthusiastically telling about this game, and he too gets enthusiastic because he wonders if ninjutsu can be used during smithing. (Imagine making a forge-fire super-intense, or imbueing weapons with a certain chakra nature...
Like wind and fire wheels, taken literally?)

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2017, 11:18:56 »
What your talking about in  this system(witch has largely bin rejecting by the devs) would fall under the skill of Fuinjutsu. Fuinjutsu is putting somthing in it or taking somthing out of somthing using chakra. It would essentially be like enchanted items in other Mmorpg games.
But as for actually crafting the item I don't think it would be fare to other non fire nature villages to have only fire types able to smelt or the such. And if it's only available to some then it's not worth coding. At least that seems to be the  attitude around here.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:32:51 by NinjaMirage »

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2017, 11:58:09 »
Good god.
When I look over this system again,
I can actually understand it.
It actually fits my idea for how
Senjutsu would work.
Vreg's idea for solely Stamina+Chakra
complicated things somewhat,
but I can figure out a way for it to work.
That academy education system is sick as f*ck . And that poison system is amazing- 50 different poisons! Holy ****. So a shinobi can have multiple poisons for different purposes, a new tool with its own use. Imagine the different effects you could exploit. Experimentation would be a fascinating aspect of ninjutsu,
and it provides another skill for a mentor to pass down to his student.
To say nothing of the smithing...
A knowledge of materials and their
properties is a useful skill to have indeed. What could the applications be.

On a side note, everybody's gonna start learning the periodic table really really fast.

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2017, 01:37:30 »
Thanks but I don't think anything in here is ever going to happen.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2017, 17:30:13 »
So I do not think it needs its own thread because this is a stats suggestion, but it doesn't nessasary have anything to do with this system!!

Anyway some form of stats needs to be in game so we can have tank jutsu like kakazu's earth release body hardening jutsu!! These jutsu would boost damage resistance or defense depending on the stats @Vreg and the rest of the team go with!! There are several examples of these jutsu over earth and water style jutsu.
Sean more in earth then water but Suigetsu Hōzuki water style also made him virtually invulnerable to physical attacks. These types of tanking jutsu will be nessasary for strategic reasons!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 23:12:51 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2018, 14:07:24 »
I’m starting to feel like I have casted pearls before swine with this thread!! When you read over the game description on the welcome page again you read a bout a game that promise freedom both in character customization and game play. But apparently not when it comes to chakra and stamina development!! I’m actually angry at myself for believing in this game! Thank you to the people that supported and helped develop this system!! I’m sorry it was such a waist of time!! 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 22:33:44 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2018, 17:16:38 »
But apparently not when it comes to chakra and stamina development!! I’m actually angry at myself for believing in this game!

What makes you say that?
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2018, 02:12:52 »
But apparently not when it comes to chakra and stamina development!! I’m actually angry at myself for believing in this game!

What makes you say that?

This is a copy from the game discription on the forum home page!!

Our goal is to create a world without limitations or restrictions. A world that allows you, as a player, to live the daily life of a shinobi - one created and deeply customized by you. A shinobi forged into a reflection of yourself as you live your life in the Shinobi Life Online world. An open world so immersive that you experience it as living another life instead of playing a game.

Every feature of Shinobi Life Online aims to create and simulate a realistic virtual shinobi world. Villages, economies, political systems, war mechanics, survival mechanics and advanced jutsu mechanics are some of the basic requirements of this. Even virtual recreation (e.g. a bathing house), a housing system and a marriage system will be incorporated in order to make the Shinobi Life Online experience feel more life-like. In order to visually accompany the experience we will be using the latest of rendering techniques to bring you the best possible 3D graphics, coupled with extensive graphical settings for those that have weaker systems.

However instead of a real and accurate chakra and stamina system we get this comment from vreg!!

Thank you for the insights @cmsurfer, appreciate the effort :)

I've been thinking about what system we should go with for energy and I'm not sure whether following Naruto is the right path here. Separating physical and spiritual energies seems like a good idea but then chakra becomes kind of redundant, nothing but a formality basically. If a jutsu requires 200 chakra what it really requires is 100 spiritual and 100 physical energy. So I was thinking maybe it's a better idea to scrap spiritual and physical energies altogether and simply talk about stamina and chakra as completely separate entities.

Essentially ninjutsu would require mostly chakra, but it would also require some stamina, in contrast taijutsu would require mostly stamina but a form of enhanced taijutsu could require some chakra as well. Things like Genjutsu could be completely exempt from stamina and only require chakra.

This is a more clear system with less confusion and I have a feeling that the Naruto system would unnecessarily overcomplicate things.

What do you guys think, what I just suggested or would you prefer the actual Naruto system?

This shows a complete lack of understanding of not just what chakra and stamina are but how there used?
And is so basic and generic that it will  completely fail to live up to the realistic vertical life of a ninja we were promised!! This post may get me banned but I almost don’t care anymore!!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:15:51 by NinjaMirage »