Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 63874
Latest: Ponaldbiz
New This Month: 3967
New This Week: 29
New Today: 13
Stats
Total Posts: 73425
Total Topics: 20391
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 910
Total: 916

Author Topic: Kenjutsu(Sword's combat):I Thought about a better way to make it(in my opinion).  (Read 18425 times)

Offline Ranures

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Ranures has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
I think you misunderstood!! SLO has no rights anything from the naruto franchises. The most trusted testosterone booster is inspired by the naruto universe but all jutsu, art, world contents and economic system will be all original.

Good ideas Yarden.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 20:14:38 by Ranures »

Offline mattaleks

• Texture Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • mattaleks has no influence.
  • eh
    • View Profile
  • Clan: The Sabaku Kuchikomi

I agree. A few devs already had the same thought for our combat mechanics. In my opinion its the best way to go about it. All combat would be fair and completely balanced. All combos would be invented by the player based off the attack direction.

It would be easy to switch to other combat mechanics allowing the player to add ninjutsu or throwing items to the combo.

All combat would be 100% player skill
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 19:12:14 by mattaleks »
  • Character Name: Matt

Offline Sjones

• Academy Student Poster
  • Sjones has no influence.
  • KATON!!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Honō Clan

@mattaleks Not Kenjutsu related but the taijutsu in this game is pretty good, would be awesome to see in SLO

Also the jutsu and movements are great!
  • Character Name: Akai hono

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

@mattaleks Not Kenjutsu related but the taijutsu in this game is pretty good, would be awesome to see in SLO

Also the jutsu and movements are great!

I know you could not know this but the game you just posted was kinda in response to the slo development of SLO. It's kinda a sore subject around here!!

Offline Sjones

• Academy Student Poster
  • KATON!!
    • View Profile

I'm not promoting the game or anything, that wasn't my goal. I was just trying to find out if the combat will be like it in a way, cause they said that they want the game to be in the narutoverse but it seems they changed that idea, so now I'm a little worried that the game won't be like how I expected it to be.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

I think you misunderstood!! SLO has no rights to use anything from the naruto franchises. The game is inspired by the naruto universe but all jutsu, art, world contents and economic system will be all original.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 18:00:16 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Sjones

• Academy Student Poster
  • KATON!!
    • View Profile

That's not what I meant, I was meaning the way they fight like, physics wise. Like how they fly through the air and fight and performing jutsus, fast paced taijutsu, just the style, because it is/was base on the "Narutoverse", meaning all the same physics, structure, etc will be similar and not just a carbon copy. I never said that since I made my first post because I didn't realize the changes they made until I read and researched after and how they didn't want to just copy and be unique.

But the reason I am so disappointed is because I read through the Dev Blogs and saw, "We have also decided to shift SLO's direction, design wise. Taking a step away from Naruto, and moving more toward a classic ninja theme with modern elements. This is both to further avoid copyright, as well as establish our own intellectual property (IP) and allow us the freedom to work outside of the Naruto Universe.". The Narutoverse is the main reason everyone is here, no one is asking for the "Narutoworld" just the "Narutoverse" (Going back on everything that made the game so special). I am still going to keep close to the game but that was the reason I am here and I think that's the reason why most of everyone is here.

So be fank, I came her expected to be a Narutoverse character (Not Narutoworld), something me and (mostly) everyone here dreamed of and that's the reason we are here. I'm not angry but let's see what comes to be.

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
@Sjones

Like the Galaxy In Turmoil project, SLO has mostly branched away in terms of aesthetic and lore. The core roots of the gameplay are all still going to be there, but they felt like they needed something more original to both make it more interesting and keep it out of the line of fire.

There's an excellent piece of concept art regarding the "modern" aesthetic they intended to mix in (it's mostly just redefining the type of combat-jacket used), but for the life of me I can't find it at the moment...

Edit: GIT SLO...now we just need a project that uses two "O"s, an "F" and an "L" to complete the unintentionally perfect acronym combo.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 03:44:41 by Dragon6624 »
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Sjones

• Academy Student Poster
  • KATON!!
    • View Profile

Let's see what is coming, still excited!