Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64061
Latest: Julidio
New This Month: 4154
New This Week: 120
New Today: 27
Stats
Total Posts: 73874
Total Topics: 20753
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 840
Total: 853

Author Topic: My suggestion for the body flicker, tree jumping, shadow clones & more  (Read 5368 times)

Offline Sjones

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sjones has no influence.
  • KATON!!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Honō Clan

I know these 3 topics were done already but they are very old and I found some videos that can help the devs understand how they can work in game.

Body flicker technique - This video explains the Body flicker technique with some detail on how it works in the Narutoverse, I think that it makes sense and would work great in the game. Let me explain how.
(video explaining the body flicker technique)

If you watch the video it's said that the technique is mostly used for traveling and rarely in combat besides a few ninja, the most you can use it in combat for is the, "chakra dash" like in naruto games. But back to the use for traveling, let's say you are running and you wanna get like 200 meters ahead quickly, I think you should be able to hold a key with a short chargeup while running or idle (like 1-2 seconds) and then you click where you want to travel to (top of a building, land, etc).

The upside will be you get there faster, downside you loss some chakra. In combat you can just do chakra dash and something like substitution (as an ability)

Tree jumping - Ok, so today I was looking around for other games like this on Youtube. I found a few small ones, some dead, some alive but all of them have some nice features. I saw this video This is a pretty old fan made game but his ideas are not bad, the tree jumping he did is a good idea, just need some cleaning up. Other than that,  his movements are nice also. Wish I can get contact with him....

But on to explaining how it can work, basically the same as in the video but with of course better animations, icons, etc.
The travel speed will be slow-ish like in Naruto but still fast enough that it isn't annoying. Tree jumping vs ground running should have it's pro and cons.

Ground level = faster, more exposed and less noisy
Tree level = Slower (by about 10-20%), more hidden, more noisy

Let me know what you think about that.

Shadow clones - I think the shadow clones would be a good idea but this how it can work and how to balance it.
How it will work? Simple, AI. Since AI isn't near in the making of this game, this one can just be put in the files for now but I will still explain my thoughts. I found this video of this fan made Naruto game

He has shadow clones in the game so this can give us an idea on how they can work in SLO, hopefully they are FPS friendly haha. But the point is AI, once AI is in, shadow clones are possible with some good code.

When added how would they work? I think that can be activated with a "Special jutsu key" (Will explain in a seperate topic). The maximum number of clones should be 2-3 and the longer you hold the "Special jutsu key" every second a clone will be spawned, with the downside of needing to be idle.

Once spawned, each clone will take a small percentage of your chakra and they will only be alive for 15 seconds or when when killed (duh)

These are my thoughts on these topics and I want to hear what everyone thinks about it.

Thank you.

• Character Name: Akai hono

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

shadow clones have bin largly regected by the devs thus far. but AI is not the way to go with them if there added.
I want full control over the attacks they perform. i think a better way to do them is to put UI interfaces for each clone you summon up to 3 and for the attacks to hit you have to be lookin or tarteting the opponent. then hit hot keys to attack with pre practiced attacks.

Offline Sjones

• Academy Student Poster
  • KATON!!
    • View Profile

I've played this game and there is a hotkey to make them attack but they just follow you around if they don't have a target or if you don't give them a command. It's all AI, just NPCs in your control.

Offline Sjones

• Academy Student Poster
  • KATON!!
    • View Profile

@NinjaMirage Another way you can do is like in ARMA 3, in ARMA you can select which unit you want or all under your command and you can tell them what to do like, move, fire, regroup, etc

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

It would be way too complicated to do.. but I would rather you have to train your cloneswith spacific attack patters and jutsu combinations, so that when you use it in battle they performed the trained attack sequence set to a Ui command. For example
If you want to have a clone kick them in to the air, you have to (in training) Manuelly move them through the attack agenst your bass character blocking!! It could take several try's  to connect through your defense, but ones done it will connect on a character with less defense then yours!! Then you can attack them in the air with your main character.  But this assumes a lot about stats , targeting and how in depth jutsu skills will be!!

@Sjones that works for FPS but for a 3rd person arpg it would be problematic.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 13:45:42 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Togopun

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Togopun has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
You could train the clones to know different attack patterns depending on the combo or attack you want to do,for example you want to include a clone in a raikiri combo,so you do it over and over and over until it learns when to attack and how.and for the amount of clones it could also be trained,for example at the start you can barely make 2 and go up to 8 or 9,some people with rarieties could go to 12 or 14.
  • Character Name: Broken

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

I think 3 should be the most clones anyone could use at one time. Because of the abuility for these clones to use jutsu you train, and the chakra coast of using these clones. If you make more then 3 you would likely forfeit any jutsu and  use them to multiply your Taijutsu damage. These would be jutsu like the uzamaki berage and the 2k punch and kick combo. make the clones use pre programed attack animations. Doing multiplayer damage of bass attacks!!