Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64464
Latest: mozgyou
New This Month: 333
New This Week: 10
New Today: 10
Stats
Total Posts: 76702
Total Topics: 22246
Most Online Today: 1181
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1008
Total: 1017

Author Topic: Achievements  (Read 7733 times)

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: Achievements
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 21:28:34 »
Pretty sure something like this has already been planned, but nevertheless a good idea once the site gets updated.

Though perhaps like up to 3 badges you can show up on a message and a message stating below how many badges the player has.
Profile pic shows full badge case.

Badge categories I'd personally want to see are "Age", "Rep", "Helpfulness" (or rep) and "Events" (i.e. Freeze Tag/Kage Tests participant or other future events).

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 00:13:57 »
Don't get me wrong I like the idea of achievements but posts and rep count should not be Among them.
The achievements should be for being active and loyal to SLO.
Years on slo
Most hours a week
Game player was a good one
Make a new/best suggestion for the year- awarded by vreg
Debugger- find and report a bug in game

Well you get the idea!!
Eh, a lot of the ones you've mentioned are general statistics.
I can agree with "years on SLO" and "Top player" which will be judged upon the top 10 ranking list (every user who is on the top 10 list for power/skill will have the badge "Top player"). The "best suggestion" achievement is kinda weird so I'm not sure how that's going to work or why it should even exist.

Great idea. Snoopy our shikamru :P
Thank you! And I'm probably half Shikamaru, since I would consider myself wise (not intelligent) and really lazy.

Pretty sure something like this has already been planned, but nevertheless a good idea once the site gets updated.

Though perhaps like up to 3 badges you can show up on a message and a message stating below how many badges the player has.
Profile pic shows full badge case.

Badge categories I'd personally want to see are "Age", "Rep", "Helpfulness" (or rep) and "Events" (i.e. Freeze Tag/Kage Tests participant or other future events).
Yeah, 3-4 badges sounds good, it'll take up quite some space under the user's avatar. I've already talked about an in-depth description of the badge when someone hovers their mouse over it, so don't worry about that :). And yeah, a "badge showcase" would be nice for each user to have where they can show-off the achievements they've accumulated. The categories you've listed can be tweaked a bit. Possibly "Age", and instead of "Helpfulness" I think it sounds better to have "Forum reputation"...because you know... it makes sense for reputable users to be helpful around the forum.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 02:42:41 »
Shinobi of the Year Ranks
- Nicest member, funniest member etc
Players vote on certain categories for players e.g funniest member, nicest member

How about SLO Excellence awards? (for the best guys)
and a SLO Razzies :3 (for the worst guys)

We can host it in the forums or even take it to the arena!
(I guess that's too far fetched)

I hosted awards like that last year but forgot to count the totals rip.
Will do another one this year tho
:O :D
yes!!
I love online award shows!
Do tell me if you ever need help with the awards ^_^

Spoiler: show

I fucking wish I had found this forum earlier! X(
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:47:51 by Toratsume Nyshn »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 11:02:49 »
@Snoopy

The idea behind suggestions is to get people to think about the game as it is now and what they would like it to be. All ideas generate discussion- so good for the forum, and good ideas give the developers new ideas they may not have thought of... this should be awarded as an achievement.

The post count is a good way to gauge activity but can also be abused.. the rep system  I think is already kind of an achievement thing. But needs to be regulated better in my opinion.

Anyway for those reasons they should be excluded. We should look for other ways to award achievements. Either with actual achievements in game or on the forum, or for loyalty to slo.

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 11:22:34 »
Great idea. Snoopy our shikamru :P
Snoopy is a character in Movie and also a user on this forum,both are far from shikamru status.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:47:27 by Sanji »
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai

Offline Manuster

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 12:19:36 »
Don't get me wrong I like the idea of achievements but posts and rep count should not be Among them.
The achievements should be for being active and loyal to SLO.
Years on slo
Most hours a week
Game player was a good one
Make a new/best suggestion for the year- awarded by vreg
Debugger- find and report a bug in game

Well you get the idea!!

I do think these ideas are great and are being rather understated. Ofc Mars' had good points as well but these ideas would encourage and reward someone for being more helpful too. Especially having some being selected by Vreg/a mod.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 12:31:27 »
Yeah I repped cm for that post.

I also like the most hours spent online a week thing but I guess that would probably lead people to cheating their online time..

like some people already do >.>
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 18:23:07 »
Yeah I repped cm for that post.

I also like the most hours spent online a week thing but I guess that would probably lead people to cheating their online time..

like some people already do >.>
I'm not entirely sure how the online-time system works but I've been told by someone (can't remember who) that you have to be actively browsing the forum (posting, looking at threads, commenting etc) in order to gain online time. Not sure how you would cheat that.

@Snoopy

The idea behind suggestions is to get people to think about the game as it is now and what they would like it to be. All ideas generate discussion- so good for the forum, and good ideas give the developers new ideas they may not have thought of... this should be awarded as an achievement.

The post count is a good way to gauge activity but can also be abused.. the rep system  I think is already kind of an achievement thing. But needs to be regulated better in my opinion.

Anyway for those reasons they should be excluded. We should look for other ways to award achievements. Either with actual achievements in game or on the forum, or for loyalty to slo.
Eh, I guess I can understand your point about suggestions.

The post count is also a good way to gain activity, but like you said; it's easy to abuse and we've already witnessed it a few times. Maybe if the site manager(s) place a system in action that restricts posting (Having to wait a certain amount of time before you can post again, having to write a minimum of 10 words in your posts before you can send...etc) we could make this a more reasonable challenge, but that spot has already been claimed by Mars with almost 2.5k posts and the closest to him being Remi with 1.8k.. so I doubt we'll have that achievement since it'll be essentially impossible for someone other than Mars to claim #1 unless they postwhore or Mars goes inactive for a year.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you