Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64464
Latest: mozgyou
New This Month: 333
New This Week: 9
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76774
Total Topics: 22318
Most Online Today: 1164
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 1107
Total: 1122

Author Topic: 2 Suggestions!!Acadamy's Test & Voice when called Jutsu  (Read 12278 times)

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
1st!! ACADEMY TEST! time to study guys, at the academy side of the game I say, Genins should reach certain requirements and!! take a test about the anime/manga, but, well now that re-think it, this game is not really stick to Naruto so, I'm not sure. :/

2nd!! I say, when I activate a jutsu for example..... Fire Style Great FireBall Technique, I hear a voice calling out the jutsu like Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu!!
But obviously, something like it would take a while.

Thank you!

• Character Name: rayzote

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Suggestions!!Acadamy's Test & Voice when called Jutsu
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 22:25:43 »
These are good suggestions however i dislike the first one.
Like you already said this game isn't sticking to naruto.

HOWEVER your second suggestion!
I think it would be great to see it later in the game with different voices...
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 22:38:16 »
There will be an academy test in the game for which you have to pass to reach genin rank. There will be a library where you can learn about the Shinobi Life Online Universe for that test.

Calling out jutsu names is a great suggestion, although not something you'll see anytime soon.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline The Seanson

• Academy Student Poster
  • The Seanson has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 22:41:24 »
There will be an academy test in the game for which you have to pass to reach genin rank. There will be a library where you can learn about the Shinobi Life Online Universe for that test.

Calling out jutsu names is a great suggestion, although not something you'll see anytime soon.
I'm sure you could find some use of this if you hadn't already seen it (https://code.google.com/p/sharp-voice/)
[Genuine Signature]

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 22:50:55 »

I'm sure you could find some use of this if you hadn't already seen it (https://code.google.com/p/sharp-voice/)
That's a port of the Google Voice API, which is something used for calling.

You're probably referring to a TTS-engine. TTS wouldn't work for yelling jutsu in Japanese.

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 01:03:44 »
Alright I like it, I guess you have already planned something different for the Chunnin Exam, since it has 3 different  parts, the test, the team matches and the individual matches. right?

Well yeah it's understandable since I don't think it'd be that easy.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:09:16 by rayzote »

Offline The Seanson

• Academy Student Poster
  • The Seanson has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 06:10:33 »

That's a port of the Google Voice API, which is something used for calling.

You're probably referring to a TTS-engine. TTS wouldn't work for yelling jutsu in Japanese.
I barely looked at the link lol, sorry.  I met a guy who used it for a grammar program for children.  You're right.  I linked the wrong one.
Why wouldn't it work anyways?  I thought it was multilingual
[Genuine Signature]

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 03:55:14 »

Have you come to a conclusion on how you're going to insert these exams, and by that I mean, have you figured out what they are going to be like and how they are going to work? Come to think of it, in order to come up with an exam that fits all together, you have a large amount of stuff done before you can think of that, but know that I am not you so I don't know everything you've done/are planning with it!

I kinda strayed from my question-- What are the exams going to be like? Will there be the same amount of exams as there were in the Naruto series and will the exams follow closely to the one in Naruto?
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 07:45:23 »
I suggest you just have to go to the academy go to the classroom, sit, and take the test, like a little window throwing you questions with multiple answers choices.
Also somebody said, and I agree with it, The Kage should choose when will the Chunnin Test be in the game, like what time or something. Not whenever the character wants to.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 15:36:58 »
Academy exams will be held in an examination room where you will get random questions about the Shinobi Life Online Universe that will have to be answered in a short time window. There will be a minimum grade that you need to get to pass the exam and get Genin rank.

Chunin exams will be held in the form of a tournament. Every exam will take 10-20 participants and to pass the exam and get Chunin rank you will have to win that tournament.

Jonin rank will automatically be appointed after a certain level of skill and expertise.

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 20:29:38 »
Wow 10-20 people and just becomes the one that won? Haha :/

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 20:40:18 »
Wow 10-20 people and just becomes the one that won? Haha :/
i think it would be cool if it puts you in a group with 2 other ppl (for the chunin exams)
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline thevegetor

• Academy Student Poster
  • thevegetor has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 03:00:22 »
I was just talking to my friend about how awesome it would be to have the jutsu names called out as they were used. I was thinking (this is way into future development) perhaps the player could be allowed to record their own voice clips to their jutsus (so when i use "Fire style: Fire ball Justsu" or whatever i could hear it being my voice, adding to the realism) perhaps another idea connecting to this is that the jutsu can't launch until the voice clip is complete allowing for two extremes. Those who are cocky drawing out their jutsu (such as doing the hand seals, my character inhaling and shouting "Fiiiiireeee Styleeee: Fireee baaaallll juuuustuuuu") and those who would abuse it (hand seals, inhale, "words", exhale fire) i do not know about my last idea with the jutsu not launching until the voice clip is complete, but I know I would love to hear my voice when my character does the jutsus as well as my friends when they do theirs. 
  • Character Name: Akemi Akane

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 16:10:53 »
I think that a quick fix for the jutsu calling until the team has the resources to actually put voice in, would be, have the jutsu name said in a chat bubble when you use it.
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode