Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64333
Latest: Monalddounc
New This Month: 202
New This Week: 38
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 75404
Total Topics: 21376
Most Online Today: 928
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 731
Total: 744
EdithSoure
Google (AdSense)
Google (10)
Baidu

Author Topic: General discussion  (Read 521260 times)

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: General disscusion
« Reply #720 on: June 18, 2016, 05:09:15 »
"In ancient Sparta, arguments were decided by who shouted the loudest."

http://giphy.com/gifs/mxQUQbIjXMSwo

I've grown accustomed to nothing less these days.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:15:16 by dragon6624 »
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #721 on: June 18, 2016, 08:53:19 »
@dragon6624  no one likes you. Stop being so negative towards everything.
If you don't like how the community feels fuck off. If you don't like me, fuck off.
How about you just fuck off lol you're annoying as fuck.

And this whole shit about my posts being meaningless is invalid considering I have the most rep from a non staff member on the forum and all your rep came from one +rep coming from Vreg's way.
But how about you run for kage, we'll see how you fair.
I can tell you're going to fail on:
Popularity - Need I say more
Theoretical - ...
in-game physical - Chidori is 398, that might help you.

Shots fired to the Max! How dafuq do I miss these things XD XD XD XD
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #722 on: June 18, 2016, 09:05:44 »
AHHHHHHHH DOUBLE POST NOVA HELPS ME!!!
CALL THE POLICE

@json243 @Whatasnipe
If the person double posted within a short amount of time after posting their previous post then it's not allowed as only a few/none have seen their post. If the person double posted after most people have seen their previous post then it's alright.

Thank you guys for trying to help, but I had already seen that 'double' post and it didn't quite matter.
The time in between was long enough (judged by me)  to be allowed.

1 single comment was enough to point that out though, no need to shit post further on someone else thread, if you feel the need to contact a mod simply address them or send them a private message.

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #723 on: June 18, 2016, 13:02:45 »
If you don't like how the community feels fuck off. If you don't like me, fuck off.

And this whole shit about my posts being meaningless is invalid considering I have the most rep from a non staff member on the forum and all your rep came from one +rep coming from Vreg's way.
Theoretical - ...

I don't need to tussle in order to beat your rage-filled spam-sessions Mars -- but I'll do you the courtesy and give you enough rope to hang yourself by if you want to keep this up.

[Edit] A certain part of me thought to be more considerate and ask you this first: "Is it the hot flashes?"
@dragon6624 this comeback, though filled with excellent grammar, was weak as fuck.
You should just quit before you embarrass yourself further, Dragon.
Just because you can type with perfection, doesn't make you a better person around here... It's how hard you can roast someone.

P.S. It is "nonstaff" not "non staff". You'd think someone with perfect grammar would try not to slip up like that.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 13:04:34 by Leebz »
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #724 on: June 18, 2016, 13:07:31 »

Theoretical - ...

I don't need to tussle in order to beat your rage-filled spam-sessions Mars -- but I'll do you the courtesy and give you enough rope to hang yourself by if you want to keep this up.

[Edit] A certain part of me thought to be more considerate and ask you this first: "Is it the hot flashes?"
@dragon6624 this comeback, though filled with excellent grammar, was weak as fuck.
Just because you can type with perfection, doesn't make you a better person around here... It's how hard you can roast someone.

P.S. It is "nonstaff" not "non staff". You'd think someone with perfect grammar would try not to slip up like that.
He aims! He shoots! He scores! Lol he's got a point if you dunno how to handle yourself in kitchen then don't go to it lol there's a reason why Mars Has a Ramen Stall XD
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 18, 2016, 14:41:48 »

You should consider waking up before you lumber in as a support Leebz -- otherwise you might just end up hitting your own teammates. Please refer this spelling-error to the person who *wrote it*.

When I put that sparta comment up there, it was to signify exactly the response all of you subsequently gave; please think about that, if nothing else in your lives.

4 Steps To A Roast:

1. Think about why I got that +rep from the *Game Developer* instead of a *Non-Staff Member* (btw, that's how you spell non-staff member, Leebz+Mars; the least I can do is offer you both some decent grammar for a change hmm? It'll at least make you 'seem' more competent than you actually are.)

2. Take a look at the 2nd Mizukage, now back to me, now back to Gengetsu Hōzuki, now back to me; now look me in the eyes and *honestly convince me* that popularity had anything to do with his standing. Naruto has friends, yes, just as Mars does, but I'm noticing a reoccurring pattern in which both of these characters have to get their friends to do all the hard-work for them. I'd imagine that's probably why we're on here instead of settling this through private messages.

3. I'm interested in knowing what you intended to put into the theoretical category...or perhaps you just couldn't think up to that point. But hey, who am I to judge on that, right? It's far easier to leave a quiz bubble open and shirk the points than to do any semblance of *using your brain*.

4. Congratulations! You know how to parrot a statistics number! Come back to me when you learn how to construct an insult out of more than empty threats and vulgarity (none of which was used creatively, how disappointing).

P.S. A goodbye kiss from this gladiatorial arena to the lot of you dogs, since you seem to think an 'argument' is cast by whoever can sling the most curse-words. Please instruct your parents to cover your eyes and ears, I know the majority of you haven't evolved past your Tween-Stages:

"Cock-Sucking-Quadrupedal-Whores! Pocket-Pussy-Fuckers! Putrid Sons-Of-Bitches! Raging Pestilent Diseased Peters!"

A final note here:

Stop using the member-tag for this pathetic tripe; if you want to use that, use it on a topic you believe should be discussed *Civilly* and *For the betterment of the game* -- otherwise you're just wasting my time.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 16:40:10 by Nova »

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #726 on: June 18, 2016, 15:18:15 »
You'd think a person who can type up all that would know not to double post, however, seems like all the typing made your brain fry, as is clearly the case seeing the last bit of your "comeback".

Just think about it, no one is wasting your time making an official kage election, and nothing will happen to your life if people get the kage rank. Yes, the ones who get elected won't be kage, but it is to generate activity, ever thought of that? Or did that never cross your mind?

Why is it official though? Mainly because of a thing called the reward system, if it were unofficial (which is how it started) people wouldn't get a kage rank, and it wouldn't create as much activity.

Also, it helps to single out the best candidates for Kage for when the game does come out, now, I know that there will be thousands of "Good Enough" people for kage by then, but it never hurts to know who your best and worst candidates are.

I don't see you getting constant +reps oh wait, you have to actually participate in the community for that, oh and if people actually took the time out of their lives to use the rep function, pretty sure many people would have already surpassed you, since all you got was one +rep from Vreg.

I get your point, you don't constantly post messages, nor post on the shoutbox, nor participate in any forum games, but you're still active on the forums! No you're not, all you do is keep up.

Tbh anyone with a decent amount of knowledge and intelligence can pass the theoretical test, if it's as easy as the last one, that wasn't really hard, just time consuming.

Also, I don't see the point in the aggressiveness of either of your replies to each other, the first ones ofc, cause after that it all just rolled into a massive snowball of hate.

All in all, you can give your opinion about anything you want, just don't expect us to actually take it into consideration @Mars your reply was kind of unnecessarily hateful towards him, he doesn't participate on the forum, yes but that doesn't mean he cannot point out what he thinks is wrong, however

you cannot just come here and tell someone that what they're doing is unnecessary if it promotes the kind of Roleplay we're working for here while promoting activity among members, I can say that it has encouraged me to become more active.

Tl;dr both of you, stop acting like little children and actually take the time to understand each others' arguments.

• Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 18, 2016, 15:34:31 »
This argument gave me braindamage...
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline waly206

« Reply #728 on: June 18, 2016, 15:44:02 »

It gave cancer and braindamage
  • Character Name: Toichi Tsukegami

Offline Kings_Head

« Reply #729 on: June 18, 2016, 15:49:10 »
Shivs post cured my cancer
Nobleblood Leader for the Great Kirishima Clan
"Why should I apologize for being a monster? Has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one?"

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 18, 2016, 18:15:46 »
You'd think a person who can type up all that would know not to double post, however, seems like all the typing made your brain fry, as is clearly the case seeing the last bit of your "comeback".

Just think about it, no one is wasting your time making an official kage election, and nothing will happen to your life if people get the kage rank. Yes, the ones who get elected won't be kage, but it is to generate activity, ever thought of that? Or did that never cross your mind?

Why is it official though? Mainly because of a thing called the reward system, if it were unofficial (which is how it started) people wouldn't get a kage rank, and it wouldn't create as much activity.

Also, it helps to single out the best candidates for Kage for when the game does come out, now, I know that there will be thousands of "Good Enough" people for kage by then, but it never hurts to know who your best and worst candidates are.

I don't see you getting constant +reps oh wait, you have to actually participate in the community for that, oh and if people actually took the time out of their lives to use the rep function, pretty sure many people would have already surpassed you, since all you got was one +rep from Vreg.

I get your point, you don't constantly post messages, nor post on the shoutbox, nor participate in any forum games, but you're still active on the forums! No you're not, all you do is keep up.

Tbh anyone with a decent amount of knowledge and intelligence can pass the theoretical test, if it's as easy as the last one, that wasn't really hard, just time consuming.

Also, I don't see the point in the aggressiveness of either of your replies to each other, the first ones ofc, cause after that it all just rolled into a massive snowball of hate.

All in all, you can give your opinion about anything you want, just don't expect us to actually take it into consideration @Mars your reply was kind of unnecessarily hateful towards him, he doesn't participate on the forum, yes but that doesn't mean he cannot point out what he thinks is wrong, however

you cannot just come here and tell someone that what they're doing is unnecessary if it promotes the kind of Roleplay we're working for here while promoting activity among members, I can say that it has encouraged me to become more active.

Tl;dr both of you, stop acting like little children and actually take the time to understand each others' arguments.

To be fair, half of your own 'counter' wasn't needed, you'd know that if you'd read up on the New Kage Election thread; and I even find it a bit hypocritical of you --the supposed diplomat-- to go about (accurately) accusing us of hostility towards one another, only to then practically apply the same methods in your own formula.

No, I didn't think about it generating activity -- because there were already a plethora of other topics and threads doing that; however, again, you'd have understood the argument better *if* you had fully read and understood the New Kage Election posts...yes, *All* of them. No I don't speak in the chatbox too much, to be honest I'm simply disinterested in talking about things I don't care about, or posting memes, and I have yet to come across any serious problems in-game that would require the assistance of a moderator/developer. No, I don't choose to participate in forum games that I don't have any interest in, though I *did* when I *had* interest in a few of them, though sadly those appear to have long since died off and I don't care much for many of the newer ones.

HOWEVER -- you, Mars, and the rest of the main-streamers on here seem to disregard the FACT that I DO choose to participate in the 'less-popular' (aka far more important) side of the forums. I like to read, discuss, and occasionally start up new topics in the Questions and Suggestions sections of the forums, because that's where I hold the most interest; so you'll have to excuse me if I choose *not* to frolic about the daisy-filled plains with you all. That does NOT, however, by any stretch of the term make me *inactive*; I will participate where I fucking well please, and if I choose not to piss my name into every post or talk about meme-topics that interest other people, then so-sorry if you're offended.

That bit about "don't expect us to take it into consideration", *that* is why I get angry; that's why my posts are heavy-handed and pretty damned brutal at times. I care to give an honest, thought-out opinion on the matters of importance, and instead of discussions, all I end up hearing is ignorance (cmsurfer appears to have had this problem with a few respondents to some of his well-detailed discussions, he just happens to be far more forgiving of intentional-ignorance). Very well then, if you don't want to hear it, and you certainly don't want to try and think on those topics -- don't listen to them, don't respond to them, ignore them at your leisure...

...this is exactly what Mars should have done in the first place, actually.

Stop thinking solely about "the +rep, the +rep". The "+rep" couldn't mean less in many cases; many times it's merely given out because people think an argument *sounds* smart, even when it clearly has little to no solid foundation, and is often reputed almost immediately. To be entirely honest in that regard, the +rep system is broken because the people using it aren't very thoughtful about many things. "+rep" doesn't always mean "+support-for-intelligence", at times it merely refers to someone's attachment to a person they are associated with, or at times just to the general popularity of that member -- and as such these +reps are in fact based less (note it well, not *entirely*) upon advancement of intellectual discussion, and more on member-fandom.

You have understood none of my arguments --including the ones on here-- because you haven't taken the time to *think* about them. Take the time to understand the *Full* arguments, or quite simply, don't make a half-assed response.  :-X

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #731 on: June 18, 2016, 18:21:32 »
This has been going on for far too long, I highly suggest all of you drop this.
If you feel the need/urge to continue, do so in private, don't spam the forums with it.

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #732 on: June 18, 2016, 18:25:00 »
ngl the rep system is garbage, thats why no one uses it except the very few
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #733 on: June 18, 2016, 18:32:23 »
This has been going on for far too long, I highly suggest all of you drop this.
If you feel the need/urge to continue, do so in private, don't spam the forums with it.
Alright, will do that.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Manuster

« Reply #734 on: June 18, 2016, 19:19:03 »
Jeez I go for one day....one bloody day and shit hits the fan

This forum needs to be renamed 'Bully SirTroll Online'
xDDDD we may be divided on many things, but the forum unites to Troll SirTroll

Because he doesn't want you in it. Simple, can you not even understand that much?

Fkin rip

Lol yeah Mars wassssssuuup dawg XD
that's Manuster XD @Yamasukage

xDDDD I was so confused when I saw the post and no need to appologise, it's fine xD I recently called TrueSage, ToadSage rip

Theoretical - ...

Ik it's late but damn xDDD you guys are rood >.>

Im sorry but this might just be the DUMBEST but funniest jutsu ever. It should be in the genjutsu they see naked images of @Mars and @Shivraj dancing around and feeding them celery sticks. I mean common, thats terrifying

So much rep, such annoying cooldowns...

Shivs post cured my cancer

Ima just add this here

"Mars  You went a little overboard on dragon6624 there, I know he doesn't post as much as you do, but whenever he does it's always a quality post. I don't think he was trying to put people down, rather he was criticizing the Kage elections which I can agree with to a certain extent.

dragon6624 As you may or may not know, a lot of role-play goes on in our forum with all the clans and organisations, and sometimes this transcends into the game. Think of these Kage elections as the same thing, it's more of a role-play forum based community event rather than actual Kage elections as they will be in future SLO. These forum Kages won't have the same functions as later SLO Kages either, and most likely by the time we can call SLO an MMO various Kage re-elections will have taken place. Basically our current Kage elections are more about becoming part of the Hidden Village Kage group (not title, although each Hidden Village Kage will also get their respective village's title)."

-Vreg

ngl the rep system is garbage, thats why no one uses it except the very few

The cooldowns are too long. Not the one rep and hour but the fact I need to rep 3 other people before repping someone else. If someone makes 2 good posts in a day, I have to choose one to rep and the other goes unrepped.

It should be changed so that it's not possible to rep one person 3 times in a row.

Edit by Nova: Also made sure you didn't quote 20 quotes in quotes, to make the scrolling time less long for other members.
Simply quoting what you want to reply to is good enough, the extra stuff is just extra luggage.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 19:28:03 by Nova »
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun