Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64069
Latest: Michailvdx
New This Month: 4162
New This Week: 128
New Today: 22
Stats
Total Posts: 73920
Total Topics: 20768
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 866
Total: 874
Michailvdx
Google (7)

Author Topic: Technologies  (Read 5266 times)

Offline Gustavolegend

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Gustavolegend has no influence.
  • I'll fight to protect everyone on my side.
    • View Profile
    • FAQ
  • Clan: Nakai
  • Organization: Hyakki
Technologies
« on: February 18, 2017, 21:40:59 »
The game will always be in the time of naruto with traditional things and without much technology, or will have things more technologically advanced as in boruto?

• Character Name: Rito Nakai

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Re: Technologies
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 21:47:14 »
The game will always be in the time of naruto with traditional things and without much technology, or will have things more technologically advanced as in boruto?
Nobody knows for certain, but from what we've seen so far; standard Naruto technology, but who knows, maybe there will be future advancements.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline taigakun

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 06:41:31 »
If it is as technologically advanced as boruto it takes away the shinobi feeling imo

Offline hellaseb

• Genin Poster
  • hellaseb has no influence.
  • Fvck Average. You can have that
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Clan: Shizue
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 08:56:17 »
What technology differences are there in boruto? I haven't seen it and probably wont
  • Character Name: Hanzo Shizue

Offline taigakun

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 09:27:29 »
fucking skyscrapers and shit with televisions, blimps, computers, sending emails

Shit like that

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 15:36:22 »
I think we should keep it naruto level of technology. The reason baruto is set in a more technically advanced Shinobi system is because the economics of the world has shifted from wars to industry. This was possible because of the peace naruto helped forge. This game seams to be based on fighting and combate so there should not be to much focuse on advancing technology to keep a naruto universe feel to the game.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 19:49:43 »
I think we should keep it naruto level of technology. The reason baruto is set in a more technically advanced Shinobi system is because the economics of the world has shifted from wars to industry. This was possible because of the peace naruto helped forge. This game seams to be based on fighting and combate so there should not be to much focuse on advancing technology to keep a naruto universe feel to the game.

Aye that's a nice insight.

Maybe after release, several years into the games we can have technological advancements in all combat, construction and medical terms. However I would like to reiterate that chakra and shinobi skill should be able to trump the most superior of any technological advances
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 21:06:06 »
Personally a balance of technology is key.
In naruto there was surprisingly advanced technology like small wireless radios. However
Somthing I was always confused about in naruto was the satellite dishes on top of buildings, in a Society with no obvious space program. This kind of  continuity error should try and be avoided. Video cameras, computers,
And other modern technology's is fine. But I think they should be more cosmetic then functional. Especially sence puppets are not going to be a thing. It would not make sence to have a video camera, and not have a Jutsu to use it for gathering information on other villages and players.

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 03:21:49 »
Hmmm... I've been getting more of a vibe that SLO was going to slightly have less advanced technology than in Naruto, especially electronic. I'm saying this from what I've felt when seeing artwork and concept art from the SLO Facebook and Dev Blogs etc

Maybe thats just me ?
Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness

Offline Sokka Tongsi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Sokka Tongsi has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 07:06:52 »
I feel like SLO is more into the life of a ninja based on first gen naruto... Lookin at how the devs want the gameplay to be its really focused on the player and the players skill. Other aspects wouldn't be bad to have... Like if you think about certain tech has to be allowed but only to a certain extent.
  • Character Name: Sokka Tongsi

Offline Manuster

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 09:42:56 »
Personally a balance of technology is key.
In naruto there was surprisingly advanced technology like small wireless radios. However
Somthing I was always confused about in naruto was the satellite dishes on top of buildings, in a Society with no obvious space program. This kind of  continuity error should try and be avoided. Video cameras, computers,
And other modern technology's is fine. But I think they should be more cosmetic then functional. Especially sence puppets are not going to be a thing. It would not make sence to have a video camera, and not have a Jutsu to use it for gathering information on other villages and players.

Let's basically imagine a world without the involvement of Alan Turing sooo nothing that in anyway involves a computer. So while camera's may exist, no security cameras would as those are useless without computers. (Which kinda makes cameras useless)

This kinda makes it easier to draw a line at what should exist and what shouldn't.

Hmmm... I've been getting more of a vibe that SLO was going to slightly have less advanced technology than in Naruto, especially electronic. I'm saying this from what I've felt when seeing artwork and concept art from the SLO Facebook and Dev Blogs etc

Maybe thats just me ?

True, but we've only mostly seen exteriors of buildings, we don't know what's inside. And we've seen literally no items/gear besides swords
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Ratiustar

• Academy Student Poster
  • Ratiustar has no influence.
  • Thunder roars the loudest...
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Ennia
  • Organization: Heathen
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 10:20:57 »

Let's basically imagine a world without the involvement of Alan Turing sooo nothing that in anyway involves a computer. So while camera's may exist, no security cameras would as those are useless without computers. (Which kinda makes cameras useless)

This kinda makes it easier to draw a line at what should exist and what shouldn't.

Well, changing history will have an affect on the present, so taking out Alan Turing to remove 'computers', would not necessary result in the way you think. All that it means is that things won't be the way they are at present.

Remove Turing? Maybe someone else figures out something completely different, but that still performs the functions you would imagine a computer can do. So- maybe no CCTV cameras, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be something else that serves the same function.

What im trying to get at is- We should be thinking in what era (or time/year, whichever word you prefer) the game is in, not what technological advancements should be allowed or not. When you have your time frame set, the technology follows automatically to fit that.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 14:00:49 »
Looking at the game as it's part of Our real timeline is a mistake. Think of the game more like it is a parallel universe to ours. Where the Shinobi way of life was adopted by other countries and developed jutsu instead of technology for war. This would not eliminate the need for computers. But things like Gps gidence systems, nuclear weapons, aircraft, would all involve chakra system and jutsu instead of computer programs. But I think we should keep it pre nuclear in that universe.