Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64077
Latest: Julissm
New This Month: 4170
New This Week: 136
New Today: 23
Stats
Total Posts: 73945
Total Topics: 20793
Most Online Today: 1225
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1222
Total: 1228
Julissm
Marinafyx
Google (3)
Baidu

Author Topic: Buildings usage,Rank system & Exams  (Read 13366 times)

Offline Charlie

Re: Buildings usage,Rank system & Exams
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 16:07:57 »
I'm just saying that it's the only way ELO could be implemented into the game.
  • Character Name: BDU Kirishima

Offline Manuster

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 00:13:07 »
Exactly, that's why I'm suggesting taking that out. Only change ELO rank for official combat in an arena or for rouge ninja something like the Coliseum where there are no other variables than the players themselves. There is no system currently in existence that will be able to rank players in an open world based on their random interactions with other players in that world. 

I like Charlie's idea. I think you misread it Ninja, he isn't saying that all fights should be 1v1 and regulated, he's only saying that those fights will be the only ones that count towards your ELO.

Yes, it will mean that some powerful players who don't spar won't have an ELO reflective of their skill, but that is their choice and can even be used as a tactic.

Yes, it's true that 1v1 battles vary greatly from 2v1 or 3v5 but I think that's also part of the fun.

It also doesn't cover support ninja, but in all truthfullness, maybe they should be an unknown quantity. And nothing's particularly stopping them from learning offensive jutsu simultaneously.

Ideally, there shouldn't be any method of looking at a player and instantly judging his ability. Part of the fun is fighting someone and having no idea how good they are. It will make every single battle tense, as you have no idea if you're fighting a Genin or a masquerading Sage.

And besides, the names of the very best will spread anyway.

P.S. Just another reason that information will be a vital, constant and thriving source of money and interest.

*self promoting cough at mods*

Oh look...

https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=498.msg35206#msg35206

I agree completely it's one reason I think it's a waste of time to put this kind of scoreing system in this kind of game. I would prefer a jutsu that lets you... sence... the skill of an opponent essentially giving you a win/ lose record and the number of skills they have learned something like 100/115/27.
Then display character age/(or hours played)
With this info you can get an idea not only of the style of play but the skill of that style.

For instance the above example abviusly has nearly a 50% win rate. And is moderately skilled- there  posabley a supporting character but But if the time is low hours Then there likely
More on the combat side
However
Some one with a score of 50/75/50
Would more then likely be a support type character
But if they have long hours it could mean they were focusing on training before becoming more involved with combat.

It give you just enough info to deside if you want to ingage them with out giving away there actual abuility at the game.

this is just one way... there are others too but ELO I think should be readdress. I know it's one of the things that is carved in stone with the devs I just think it's a mistake.

The jutsu you suggested sounds good, but also raises some questions.  What exactly constitutes as a win? Someone could give up a fight without being defeated in a death zone. And what if you kill 4 people then end up dying?  Is that a loss? Or 4 wins and a loss?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 00:21:02 by Manuster »
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2017, 01:41:41 »
@Manuster
Any fight you walk away from is a win in a game like this. If you end up in the hospital it's a loss. If damage is received or dished out the encounter is logged. With this view it doesn't matter how many attackers there are or how many you have with you. A tactical retreat will still take skill and therefore should count as a win. The missions and benefits of looting will be the incentives to fight.

There's no reason to complicate the process by trying to force somthing that won't work for every situation.

Offline el polako

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • el polako has no influence.
  • E L # P O L A K O
    • View Profile
    • Check My Song's on Soundcloud !
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 15:35:58 »
The Style , i agree with your plan ! YESSS
  • Character Name: el polako

Offline Manuster

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2017, 02:00:43 »
@Manuster
Any fight you walk away from is a win in a game like this. If you end up in the hospital it's a loss. If damage is received or dished out the encounter is logged. With this view it doesn't matter how many attackers there are or how many you have with you. A tactical retreat will still take skill and therefore should count as a win. The missions and benefits of looting will be the incentives to fight.

There's no reason to complicate the process by trying to force somthing that won't work for every situation.

Okay that seems fine, but couldn't someone hit the Number 1 player, leg it and get a fair amount of ELO?
I'd be fine with your description, if the ENTIRE game was a death zone, but it's not, I do feel as though a bit of finality is required, at least in the safe areas. You could technically just run from fights and because your opponents are high enough, your ELO is above average.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2017, 13:05:41 »
Exactly why this can't work with ELO. ELO is not designed to monitor a game like this. It will never provide an accurate number for a players skill at the game. There are too many ways to cheet the numbers. Keeping track of the number of battles and there outcome is easy. Let the players make there own  assessment of that information. Don't try to force a number system on them that won't be accurate. It's just a wast of time.