Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64363
Latest: Keithecowl
New This Month: 232
New This Week: 68
New Today: 17
Stats
Total Posts: 75648
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1332
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1124
Total: 1140

Author Topic: Special Hand Seals  (Read 5730 times)

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
Special Hand Seals
« on: October 05, 2016, 13:05:24 »
  • 0-9 and  (-/_) and (=/+) keys are used to perform the 12 basic hand seals to activate usual ninjutsu.
    How about special hand seals which can be used to activate secret jutsus? Like Haku used one hand to weave the special hand seals to activate her his 1000 needles of death.
    In our SLO universe, For eg. The Kamikiri's (as of now) Blood bind or suppose the dojutsu I had suggested a while ago may be activated by the special hand seals.
  • They can also be used to quickly activate some ninjutsu which requires a lot of hand seals. Like the water dragon. It requires 40+ hand seals to activate (Okay we might not have a jutsu with 40+ hand seals :P) but Tobirama can activate it with just two special hand seals.
    So suppose we have an awesome jutsu which requires around 7 hand seals to activate (6-2-8-2-9-7-1), with improve in chakra stats over the time, the player can earn or get a special one time command which once entered, will assign the player just one or two number/s (suppose 7 or 7-2) to activate that specefic jutsu. In this way, the players who have trained and have experience with that jutsu can always have battle advantage.

Also if you note.... along with increase in exp and training, a shinobi requires lesser hand seals to weave to activate the jutsu to a point where the jutsu can be activated without hand seals.
    The best example is the chidori.
    It requires either Ox → Rabbit → Monkey to activate or Monkey → Dragon → Rat → Bird → Ox → Snake → Dog → Tiger → Monkey[/i]
    But both kakashi and sasuke later master it to such a level where they don't require the hand seals.

Such a system can help a shinobi to fight more efficiently.
    :) thanks for the read

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: Special Hand Seals
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 14:55:46 »

Efficiently, or cheese their way up the ELO levels?

In the case of hand seal mastery being a perk you can invest into, it would just be easy to farm xp, then invest a lot of points into hand seal mastery so later on you can cheese the "high hand seal" jutsus with just one or two hand seals.

Another way this idea doesn't work well imo is that obviously the use of the extended combination makes it a lot harder for people to master the jutsu in one go.
I get your point in trying to create a 'shortcut' to make the jutsu casting easier, but do realize that after using the jutsu you're trying to master for so long makes the seal combination engraved in your muscle memory.

As you use the jutsu more and more over an extended period of time it becomes much easier for someone to cast it.

As for your point in Haku's one handed seals, it is not a special seal but a high-level of mastery in both hand seals and chakra control. He still uses normal hand seals, but with one hand.

Plz no h8 </3

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Sage32801

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 20:45:22 »

Efficiently, or cheese their way up the ELO levels?

In the case of hand seal mastery being a perk you can invest into, it would just be easy to farm xp, then invest a lot of points into hand seal mastery so later on you can cheese the "high hand seal" jutsus with just one or two hand seals.

Another way this idea doesn't work well imo is that obviously the use of the extended combination makes it a lot harder for people to master the jutsu in one go.
I get your point in trying to create a 'shortcut' to make the jutsu casting easier, but do realize that after using the jutsu you're trying to master for so long makes the seal combination engraved in your muscle memory.

As you use the jutsu more and more over an extended period of time it becomes much easier for someone to cast it.

As for your point in Haku's one handed seals, it is not a special seal but a high-level of mastery in both hand seals and chakra control. He still uses normal hand seals, but with one hand.

Plz no h8 </3
@DarthTyrael is right, this game will be based of of the skill of the player and for one to use the jutsu they must actually learn it but if there was a shortcut there should be a cool off time.
This can date back to the famous GLT that required 11 hand seals to cast.must of the elite players, @Mars for example, was able to do it in under 1 second. I myself could only do it in under 2-3 seconds even when I memorized it by heart.
  • Character Name: Tai Tsukegami

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 00:27:40 »
Okay got it :)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 08:08:54 »
This can date back to the famous GLT that required 11 hand seals to cast.must of the elite players, @Mars for example, was able to do it in under 1 second. I myself could only do it in under 2-3 seconds even when I memorized it by heart.

Flattered you'd call me elite, but yeah.
After practicing it was possible to perform that extremely long jutsu in short periods of time.

GLT was 11 seals and I timed myself just now and I did it in 1.5 seconds.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 08:11:04 »
GLT = ?

11 Handsigns?
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 16:46:31 »
GLT = ?

11 Handsigns?

God's Left Testicle (I'm not joking)

A special jutsu made for sennin donators that dealt a ton of damage.

The seals were the date of an update, which is why there were so many seals, and any pleb could use it if they figured them out.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 16:49:32 by Kai »

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 19:45:33 »
It got leaked after a while and everybody used it.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 22:39:26 »
I want GLT to be added again but Vreg tell not Sennin but those who contribute.
Those people who support the project should be told and stern words should be spoken so it isn't leaked

Pretty sure a lot of us know who leaked it

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 04:00:56 »
Those people who support the project should be told and stern words should be spoken so it isn't leaked

I thought that one of the main ideals/values of this game was that people who payed/contributed real money had only cosmetic benefits and no skills/ingame benefits, and from
 what I understand, this GLT jutsu is very powerful, so that would go against the "no pay to win" principle. How about something like  the Sennin Donators having special jutsu skins or running/jumping animations, that Give them an ingame reward for helping the devs and somewhat sets them apart, but without giving them a battle advantage...

I'm still pretty new, sp I don't know much of the history of this game, and these are just questions and
suggestions I'm posting.  I'm probably all wrong topkek pls don't h8 and judge
cheers m8s
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:04:10 by Diamond Lee »
Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 07:27:03 »

I thought that one of the main ideals/values of this game was that people who payed/contributed real money had only cosmetic benefits and no skills/ingame benefits, and from
 what I understand, this GLT jutsu is very powerful, so that would go against the "no pay to win" principle. How about something like  the Sennin Donators having special jutsu skins or running/jumping animations, that Give them an ingame reward for helping the devs and somewhat sets them apart, but without giving them a battle advantage...

I'm still pretty new, sp I don't know much of the history of this game, and these are just questions and
cheers m8s

It was only given to 2 people.
One of them leaked it.

Regardless, I'm saying it should now only be given to those who have done a lot for the community. Donor or not.

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 11:13:14 »

cheers m8s
You make a point though, we do not want this game to ever become Pay to win.
Only cosmetic benefits was agreed upon.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 12:33:42 »

cheers m8s
You make a point though, we do not want this game to ever become Pay to win.
Only cosmetic benefits was agreed upon.

This. Maybe GLT will become one of the "rare jutsu scrolls" that only a handful can acquire by randomly finding it throughout the world in the Final Release...

Either way I'm pretty sure that GLT won't be the only "most awesome" jutsu that we'll be seeing in this project ^^

But we're drifting off of the topic at hand here, let's keep it to "special hand seals" in here.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:36:27 by DarthTyrael »

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!