Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64472
Latest: best tadalafil prices
New This Month: 341
New This Week: 17
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76983
Total Topics: 22498
Most Online Today: 1099
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 961
Total: 967
Google (6)

Author Topic: UI Menu's Etc  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Rileyesco

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rileyesco has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
UI Menu's Etc
« on: October 01, 2015, 22:51:05 »
So the core game is pretty decent, but honestly the UI is horrible, ESC should bring up the menu as with EVERY other game on the pc, you should be able to change all your keys and map things out the way you feel most comfortable while in game, as well as adjust graphics and the like, the whole having to press successive keys to attack and use jutsu is going to be very overwhelming for most gamers considering the majority of them are very casual even huge fans of anime are going to get fed up with how this combat system works. you have to think big picture and not small groups of people, truth be told this game wont do very well unless you aim for the broader market, meaning of course the casual gamer. the UI is very clunky and not user friendly at all, the combat system is very clunky and off balance there is 0 character customization and you can bet almost 100% that these things will keep 90% of players away from this game. hopefully you take these things into consideration while going further, i understand this is pre-alpha, but the UI and combat should be a top priority at this point because they need tons of work.

• Character Name: Luffy D Monkey

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
Re: UI Menu's Etc
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 23:50:26 »
I agree with most of this. But bare in mind that this is pre alpha, and with every update will come many improvements. I agree with your points about being able to change your keys to how it fits your playing style. Also the graphics part.
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 00:01:13 »
So the core game is pretty decent, but honestly the UI is horrible, ESC should bring up the menu as with EVERY other game on the pc, you should be able to change all your keys and map things out the way you feel most comfortable while in game, as well as adjust graphics and the like, the whole having to press successive keys to attack and use jutsu is going to be very overwhelming for most gamers considering the majority of them are very casual even huge fans of anime are going to get fed up with how this combat system works. you have to think big picture and not small groups of people, truth be told this game wont do very well unless you aim for the broader market, meaning of course the casual gamer. the UI is very clunky and not user friendly at all, the combat system is very clunky and off balance there is 0 character customization and you can bet almost 100% that these things will keep 90% of players away from this game. hopefully you take these things into consideration while going further, i understand this is pre-alpha, but the UI and combat should be a top priority at this point because they need tons of work.
What you were allowed to test is the goodwill of us developers allowing you to ride a very early pre-alpha build of the project that in no way represents what will be the final as clearly stated in the game, which you've obviously missed judging from how you've formulated this suggestion. SLO is far from complete and you're making it sound like we're shipping next month.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Rileyesco

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 03:02:34 »
oh dont get me wrong VREG i didnt make this post to sound like a douche bag, or to rip on you guys at all, i think the CORE of the game is amazing, and your doing a fantastic job all in all, but again thats what the "suggestion" forum is for, correct? to point out things that need to be worked on lol. like i said the base of the game you have is amazing, you have the core concept down thats for damn sure, but the MENU thing is a must, thats usually the very first thing EVERY person does when they go into a new game, is bring up the menu to change things around you get what i mean? and the jutsu thing is killer for alot of ppl, you have to think about it this way, if im trying to lets say, level up my guy i want to be able to grab big packs of mobs and tear them down, how can i do that if i have to hit, 1. then 0 3 9 8 etc etc, by the time i get a jutsu off, ill either be dead, or beat up pretty bad you know what i mean?  again not trying to sound like a dick or be over critical, just throwing things out there for you to consider bro, but all in all i think your doing a great job so i hope you dont take it the wrong way at all.

Offline joca94

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • joca94 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 03:49:55 »
Uh, mobs? I dont recall there was any talk about monsters being present in game, correct me if im wrong
  • Character Name: Bloodpanda
I am missing you only when i am breathing said a guy with a sniper

Offline Rileyesco

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 04:27:40 »
it was an example, hence me saying "for example"

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 04:28:49 »
lol. This mmo has combat beyond any of your casual ones. If you come here to "pull mobs and lvl up" you might as well play a different game.

The goal of SLO is to simulate life as a shinobi, in a naruto type universe....
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 04:29:45 »
Uh, mobs? I dont recall there was any talk about monsters being present in game, correct me if im wrong

When it comes to "monsters", no, there won't really be anything of the sorts. If you consider animals, like bears and what not, to be considered "mobs" then yea. You could argue that there will in fact be mobs in the game.

oh dont get me wrong VREG i didnt make this post to sound like a douche bag, or to rip on you guys at all, i think the CORE of the game is amazing, and your doing a fantastic job all in all, but again thats what the "suggestion" forum is for, correct? to point out things that need to be worked on lol. like i said the base of the game you have is amazing, you have the core concept down thats for damn sure, but the MENU thing is a must, thats usually the very first thing EVERY person does when they go into a new game, is bring up the menu to change things around you get what i mean? and the jutsu thing is killer for alot of ppl, you have to think about it this way, if im trying to lets say, level up my guy i want to be able to grab big packs of mobs and tear them down, how can i do that if i have to hit, 1. then 0 3 9 8 etc etc, by the time i get a jutsu off, ill either be dead, or beat up pretty bad you know what i mean?  again not trying to sound like a dick or be over critical, just throwing things out there for you to consider bro, but all in all i think your doing a great job so i hope you dont take it the wrong way at all.

Alright. First off, the way to go about "trying not to sound like a dick" is by not putting an over-abundance of condescending, dickness in your posts. The way you say and "suggest" things can easily be misinterpreted, like before. Simplest fix is simply by toning down what you're saying so you don't come off as a patronizer.

Secondly. When it comes down to it, the game is not even close to being done. You talked about the core of the game being amazing, but it's no where near finished. Pre-alpha is pre-alpha. Testing, if you will. We put it out there for the members to mess around on, enjoy themselves when they want to. It helps find bugs and keeps those who play it entertained, if only for a moment. At the end of the day, it's just a pre-alpha. It's nothing close to how the end game will be, let alone the deathmatch. The UI is subject to change, although I personally love it. The character model, I'm sure will end up getting redone because Lumen is a perfectionist.
Lastly, you talked about the Jutsu. Well, let me just tell you this. The jutsu are done in a way to make the game challenging. Pressing 1 to use a spell, 2 for a different one -- this shit isn't WoW or Guild Wars. It's different... Unique. Yea, it's frustrating, but whenever something is frustrating, it's equally satisfying once you get it down. When you can unconsciously press 10 numbers in a swift sequence and wreck some face, you're ganna be so happy. But it's hard. It's a challenge. It takes time. There'll be a learning curve. It's how the game was imagined, and it's most likely how the game will turn out.

Either way, we appreciate your suggestions and feedback, and I do want to reassure you that in the future, the UI will be more advanced, and user friendly, and the game will be more optimized. Until then, bear with the pre-alpha, because after all. It's pre-alpha.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 18:38:56 »
 Personally I think using different keystrokes to symbolize hand signs is a stroke of genius !!!

That being said getting back to the user interface

Are  character menus going to be laid out in categories

Equipment
Kenjutsu
Taijustu
Ninjutsu
Genjutsu
 Items
Team
 Missions

Or

Will you only get Like 2 or 3 jutsu types... Like Taijustu ninjutsu and kenjutsu but no genjutsu??? What are your thoughts??

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 18:47:55 by cmsurfer »

Offline EternalEyes

• Concept Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • EternalEyes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 19:56:55 »

No way are we removing that. We want to create a realistic mmo, as if u were living in the world of shinobi yourself, not some super casual game like most mmo's out there. Through having this feature it means the game has some actual SKILL involved, rather than it being based on grinding to gain levels. If a player is actually skilled, then he can beat a jonin with a genin level player using movement/jutsu speed something which is impossible to achieve if the skill of the game is spamming a 'jutsu button'.
  • Character Name: EternalEyes