Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64083
Latest: Vikitjv
New This Month: 4176
New This Week: 142
New Today: 22
Stats
Total Posts: 73946
Total Topics: 20794
Most Online Today: 1675
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1183
Total: 1192
JustinzeRok
Google (7)
Baidu

Author Topic: Chakra=skills, stamina=stats system  (Read 11196 times)

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
Re: Chakra=skills, stamina=stats system
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 17:28:22 »
I didn't read through all that, but if you're proposing that some jutsu being stronger than the other, it's not something that's realistic.

But first I'd like to address everything you've said with the handsigns, I do like what you mean with each element starting with their own number(example: wind jutsus = 2109) to give the handsigns a 'background' of some sort that's actually enough. But all the other stuff about strength is just way too complicated, it's as if you're proposing to make an EV system like in Pokemon.

Second. Jutsus are abilities you learn, by practice. And like any other ability you're able to learn more by practice. I really don't want people being stronger than me because they have a more rare jutsu than I have, it's just utter bull. Like any other abilities it needs to be perfected, abilities are never-ending you can keep on becoming stronger. And that's the way Jutsus should be.

• Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 17:37:55 »
the idea is not so much that the Jutsu is stronger merely  that you have to train to that point to use the Jutsu.

so you need to train your focuse to
6 to use any Jutsu with a focuse requirement of 6 witch is the number used to cast it.

And it's not the hand sign that identifies the nature rather the order focuse, power,effect,nature, and combined nature are activated in.

And Jutsu will need some kind of EV system to be able to get the kind of collision and reaction that vreg has imagined and discribed in the FAQ. @Tsunayoshi

If the hand signs are used like this then
A if than system would be easier to set up to make the ev system.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 19:08:51 by cmsurfer »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 18:53:24 »
Senjutsu

So senjutsu in this system will need to end up being the final Feat listed under chakra control.
And it could have several effects. However they would need to be balanced out so that it dose not be come naruto senjutsu. Because that is just OP.

So what I was thinking to start is that senjutsu would be trainable to Several levels.
It would start by increasing the total amount of chakra you can use. Not as far as double but maybe add 1/3 of max to your total. If that's all it did it might be enuph but I would like to see small buffs to chakra based jutsu as well.

Offline CADAEMOS

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • CADAEMOS has no influence.
  • ''I never give up, thats my way of the ninja..."
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList - CADAEMOS
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: =-Juu Buso Ninja-=
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 20:46:56 »
Senjutsu

So senjutsu in this system will need to end up being the final Feat listed under chakra control.
And it could have several effects. However they would need to be balanced out so that it dose not be come naruto senjutsu. Because that is just OP.

So what I was thinking to start is that senjutsu would be trainable to Several levels.
It would start by increasing the total amount of chakra you can use. Not as far as double but maybe add 1/3 of max to your total. If that's all it did it might be enuph but I would like to see small buffs to chakra based jutsu as well.

I love ur idea!!! and your signature is sick!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 13:56:16 by CADAEMOS »
''I never give up and I never go back on my word, that's my way of the ninja...''

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 03:53:15 »
Thanks.. this is a lot simpler suggestion then my first. But my first one was far more accurate to the naruto chakra and stamina system. It was based on physical and spiritual energys instead of chakra and stamina. But the end result is almost the same.

If your interested in my other suggestion here is a link to it. Start on page 2 because a lot was reworked from the initial post.

https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2033.0
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:04:49 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 02:12:06 »
EV system

Chidori senbon deactivate earth style explosives.

fire and wind style jutsu combine to brake throw a water wall jutsu

And rasangon (form change) vs chidori( nature & form change)

These examamples from naruto are some of the most exiting and innovative uses of jutsu used in the anima. It has bin a long time goal of SLO to emulate these kinds of interaction of jutsu.

But How do we do it?

2 ways come to mind.
1st) Create the first 125 jutsu( 5 natures x 25 jutsu each) and organize them in tears of difficulty (5 jutsu with 5 tears) from beginner to master.  And line them up in order in a list like this:
Brakethrw     Jutsu.            Complement
Tear 1 fire.    T1 water.        T1 lightning

Only jutsu on the same tear will create a new T2 level jutsu in this case storm style.

The combined natures will brake threw master tear jutsu of a single nature.

This is the simple way to do it that dose not address the strangth of change in form.

However I think change in form and nature are necessary skills for exicuting jutsu so if we have to use them I think we should USE them.

So let's start with defining each.

Chang in form=(Naruto universe) any change to the natural flow of chakra in your body.( makeing it a necessary part of chakra control) The change in form has a dramatic effect on the damage a jutsu can do. This is because there are 3 factors that make up this skill. Focus needed, power/intensity of the chakra, discharge rate.
                       (SLO) for the perpose of this game we can just say that it's required for any jutsu that moves chakra out of/or to a spacific part of the body. Still necessary to perform nearly all Jutsu(with the exception of most Taijutsu) For SLO I think the above mentioned factors should work the same.
And give us 3 more things to train. Focuse,power, and discharge rate.

Change of nature= (naruto universe) wether in the body or in combination with change In form- nature change is the manipulation of the nature of your chakra to one of the 5 chakra natures. From what I understand this is the same in SLO.

Example of in body change in nature is sengetsu. He changes the chakra in his body to water nature saturating his sells with water chakra and controls the cohesion of them in a fluid like manner.

Examples of change in nature and form is everyone's favorite Chidori.

So for a ev system to be naruto accurate
There are 5 things that factor in to outcome of a jutsu clash.
The Form

Power of the chakra
The focuse form requires
The discharge rate
------------------------------
These totals make up the damage the jutsu can cause on hit

The Nature
The 5 natures will cancel out and amplify 1 of the other natures

And the amplified nature will cancel out 1 other amplified nature and brake threw all but 1 normal nature.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 16:40:08 by NinjaMirage »