Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64070
Latest: Mike MacAlister
New This Month: 4163
New This Week: 129
New Today: 19
Stats
Total Posts: 73937
Total Topics: 20785
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 747
Total: 757
Mike MacAlister
Google (9)

Author Topic: Is God real  (Read 40173 times)

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Blazefp has no influence.
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
Re: Is God real
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2017, 01:10:23 »
@NinjaMirage As a CEO I'd have to review the entire manual and then sign it. I don't remember any signature in the bible from any deity. All I see is people writing that god spoke to them this or that way and their interpretation of it. Don't even know who chose those writers anyway.
I don't think god would be so careful to make sure his writers would get the bible correct across the ages and across languages but then only publish it a couple of thousands of years ago when we exist for millennia before that. Or that he'd overlook countless examples of misuse of religion and power across time. Or that I can remember a thousand different better ways of making a more obvious and objective standpoint so people could choose to follow that doctrine instead of leaving it not only to the interpretations of the writers but also to the interpretation of the translators, language itself and the readers. Or that there's literally hundreds of other religions with very similar layout and also a sacred book with rules and doctrines. What makes this one so special?

If he exists it wouldn't be any different than our relationship with sims on a much more massive scale. But whether that's the case or not I can disagree with him and if he doesn't accept that then he's only proving that he's not all forgiving after all.

And good men die and are forgotten in time. Just like evil men and questionable men do. Cunning men on the other hand seem to have more chances to be remembered though. In fact I could argue that there's way more evil men remembered through history than righteous men. But again you can understand "live forever on it [the earth]" in a lot of different ways so really everyone is right and therefore the premise is wrong...
Also not very keen to accept promises from books that present 0 rational/scientific evidences whatsoever.
  • Character Name: Blazefp

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2017, 01:56:17 »
So if you can see spacific examples of scientific truth that people in the time the Bible was written could not possible know, would that count as a signature?? Also he made sure his name was in it. How many signatures do you need? As for the time before the book was written. No one knows how long Adam lived before eve was created. But I find that most people that aren't open to the possibility of a god are people that don't want the responsibility of haveing to deal this what that might meen for them.

Also he isn't not ALL forgiving!!!  He is all loving and dose not want anyone to die. But the Bible talks about unforgettable sins. HIs justice won't allow these sins to go unpunished. However death is the wages of all sin so you could say we are all on death row. The good news is someone  bailed us out and all they ask is we get to know them and believe in that gift.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:28:12 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2017, 15:24:51 »
This really gets cancerous.

@NinjaMirage As a CEO I'd have to review the entire manual and then sign it. I don't remember any signature in the bible from any deity. All I see is people writing that god spoke to them this or that way and their interpretation of it. Don't even know who chose those writers anyway.
I don't think god would be so careful to make sure his writers would get the bible correct across the ages and across languages but then only publish it a couple of thousands of years ago when we exist for millennia before that. Or that he'd overlook countless examples of misuse of religion and power across time. Or that I can remember a thousand different better ways of making a more obvious and objective standpoint so people could choose to follow that doctrine instead of leaving it not only to the interpretations of the writers but also to the interpretation of the translators, language itself and the readers. Or that there's literally hundreds of other religions with very similar layout and also a sacred book with rules and doctrines. What makes this one so special?

Yet another person speaking without background knowledge...

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2017, 17:52:43 »
@NinjaMirage Given your age (I'll assume you're being honest) and your knowledge on biblical passages I'd say you're pretty much set on your beliefs, so I won't push this much further.

So if you can see spacific examples of scientific truth that people in the time the Bible was written could not possible know, would that count as a signature??

No, Nostradamus did that, got somethings right other wrong but he used to write in such vague terms that really it wouldn't be hard to fit some actual events to his predictions. Same goes with the bible.
Plus just because we don't know how they could have known that doesn't mean it was god that told them that. Really if an almighty being wants to say something why would he use one chosen individual at a time to pass on his message into a book?

Adam and Eve never lived btw, I hope you're not taking that story literally.

Also he isn't not ALL forgiving!!!  He is all loving and dose not want anyone to die. But the Bible talks about unforgettable sins. HIs justice won't allow these sins to go unpunished. However death is the wages of all sin so you could say we are all on death row. The good news is someone  bailed us out and all they ask is we get to know them and believe in that gift.

I honestly don't even know where to start...

@Konohuro Shhh mate I was winning that argument! I do have background knowledge but there's no way anyone can prove or disprove any of this because we're all pixels in our screens. I honestly have though. Keep in mind things might be different for smaller or bigger companies and across countries but generally speaking the CEO has to authorize most of the paperwork, sometimes via other people but at least the most important documents get his signature.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2017, 23:14:59 »
You can look in my profile for my age but I'm 34 years old. As for why a book?? Have ever played a game of telephone?? If you think the odds of  translations being wrong now  imagine if it wasn't even written down!!

As for empirical proof - your absolutely right I can't give you something solid to hold in your hand and see. But I can't do that for gravity  either. There's math that proves gravity exists, and I believe there's math that proves god exists.

There is nothing in my life that has not bin improved by fallowing what the Bible says. And every time I have ignored a  warning spelled out in that book I have suffered for it.
This combined with certain scientifically proven scriptures is enough of an effect that I can see to equal the effect of gravity I can see.

This is gods signature on the Bible. But you have to Read trough and apply it to your life to see it.

As for comparing Nostradamus to the Bible... that just shows how little you really know. The Bible's prophecys have listed people and events by name!!! Not at all  General. Others are but there is more then enuph information for any reasonable person to say ok the Bible might be from god. And it's out right unreasonable to say that god cannot and dose not exist... the Bible calls such ones fools!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 00:57:33 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2017, 00:26:07 »
As for why a book?? Have ever played a game of telephone?? If you think the odds of  translations being wrong now  imagine if it wasn't even written down!!

That'd be fun hehe but I was saying he could have written it down himself or showed up and actually do stuff, instead of giving vague signals to prophets and appearing in dreams or asking people to sacrifice their children and chicken out at the last minute.

There's math that proves gravity exists, and I believe there's math that proves god exists.

Never heard of math that proves god exists. One of the cool things about science is that something only gets proven if you can test it irl, for instance by using the maths F=G*(m1*m2)/r^2 I can prove that the earth will be back at the current position in relation to the sun exactly 1 year from now. I don't see how you can use an equation and test it to prove god exists... Never heard of it before but if you know something about it, by all means show it, I'll change my mind if there's actual evidence to support it.

There is nothing in my life that has not bin improved by fallowing what the Bible says. And every time I have ignored a  warning spelled out in that book I have suffered for it.

Sure, every person that drinks water eventually dies therefore water kills... There's absolutely no causality in your argument and wouldn't explain the ~50% of non-christians/islamics around the world that are doing just fine. Me included.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2017, 02:21:24 »
The equation for gravitys effect on are planet is great but all it really proves is that the planet travels around the sun. It dose not prove that gravity exist. For example I could say( because I have an imagination) that gravity is an  illusion. At a quantum level all mater is  tethered to each other by strings and what we preserve as gravity is the fixed movements of mater in the universe. The size of the matter dictates the strain on thes strings giving it a fixed speed. This is obviously crap!!
But it explains the same thing as that equation with the same evedince.

The point is you can't see gravity because it's a force. I put to youbthe posabley that god is not a physical material being. But instead a mix of energy and force but intelligent with feelings.
The spiritual realm that god lives in commonly referred to as heaven can be in my opinion sumwhat proven by super string theory.

But you have not said yet if you believe in a god!!! Do you?? Because there's no point in trying to explain anything to a fool.

Offline M

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • M has no influence.
  • yes i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2017, 03:38:52 »
god is real he blesses me with every breath i take i love god and i love jesus my mommy says that ONE DAY I i will  grow up and die and when i die i see jesus yes and he says wow you have been a goooood boy so u are Not TO Going  to hell dont tell my mom i said hell i was just saying that i won't go there forgive me lord I'm sorry for saying that word thank you
  • Character Name: ℳ

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2017, 10:40:05 »
@NinjaMirage aaaand we're sliding. *Sigh* this discussion was going surprisiny well. What if I'm a "fool"? Is it gonna change my arguments?

I don't know if god is real or not. And I'm saying god as in the creator of the universe. Right now I've got more reasons to believe he is, just not how religion pictures it. But no theory I've heard of or thought of yet explains everything so I'm not ready to answer that question yet. I just don't know

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2017, 11:35:09 »
Then let's keep going. Admitting you don't know is the first step. What do you consider is the biggest reason that god dose not exist?

To continue with the math.
The abuility to pull energy from mater is sold science. So with enough energy it should be posable to create mater from energy.
E=mc2 m=E/c2

That is a lot of energy to produce a single atom of mater.  So where did the energy for the Big Bang come from?

In the Bible god is discredited as " abundant in dynamic energy" in other words energy in  Motion.  Isaiah 40:20  This was long long long before  Einstein ever conceived the idea.

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2017, 12:21:07 »
What do you consider is the biggest reason that god dose not exist?

Dozens of theories, hundreds of answers. I could literally write a book on this question alone.

To continue with the math.
The abuility to pull energy from mater is sold science. So with enough energy it should be posable to create mater from energy.
E=mc2 m=E/c2

That is a lot of energy to produce a single atom of mater.  So where did the energy for the Big Bang come from?

In the Bible god is discredited as " abundant in dynamic energy" in other words energy in  Motion.  Isaiah 40:20  This was long long long before  Einstein ever conceived the idea.

Let's not dwell on fields neither of us is comfortable in. The special relativity theory goes way beyond that equation, that is in fact only the tiny tip of the massive iceberg that is the theory. And the big bang is still just a theory, hence the show's name as well. Explains a lot of things but is missing on a lot of questions as well.
Don't pull stuff you don't fully understand to the table.

But answering your question, if you could answer scientifically how and why the big bang happened you'd probably win the nobel in physics.

Also don't pull vague badly translated verses written by men. That was 3 arguments in a sentence, I didn't think I would ever get this far.
I've done some digging and it appears the most commonly accepted translations of the word in question are "might, power, strength, vigor, glory", that one only appeared after 1958. But even ignoring the obvious translation problem, it's still super vague and written by a man that thought there was nothing above the sky and the sun went around the earth. You're telling me god gave him the answer to nuclear weapons before telling him earth was actually round?

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2017, 12:51:18 »
you didn't awnser my question about what is the main reason you don't believe he exist?
Is it anger
Or
Selfishness?

Anger I can work with.
Selfishness I might as well stop now.
You refuse to see that regardless of what you think of the transformation problems. The fact is it was written down long before anyone could have known anything about an atom.  You must be one of the above.

You can't be angry at someone that dose not exist because you don't seem crazy to me. So if your anger you do think god exist. I can awnser any questions about god that make most atheists crazy. But you have to except the Bible is from m god. I was angry too. But to get rid of the anger you have to deside on where to look.

I have given enuph evidence by now to prove the Bible has information that was written century's before anyone could have posable known.

If it's selfishness and you don't want to except a god as existing because you don't want to feel small and week. That is something you have to deal with yourself.
To help I suggest you research just how massive the universe is. If you don't feel small then you have not gone far enough.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 13:33:44 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2017, 15:47:51 »
@NinjaMirage I've answered you. I don't know how else i can explain either but as i said before i wasn't expecting to change your mind anyway. Your argument is severely flawed, you didn't show how mine was flawed and then you say you showed evidence... End of discussion. At least on my part.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 01:33:51 by Blazefp »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2017, 16:00:23 »
You say you have shown how mine is flawed but all  you say is that it's flawed with no proof to back it up.  The hole point to this is if you don't want to except that he is real, I can't convince you. I have already bin convinced and nothing short of God showing and saying I'm not real will convince me otherwise.

I have shared why I believe in god. You have not shared why you don't. You have not said anything that I have not had a reasonable awnser for. So your right end of discussion.

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2017, 22:03:27 »
You can't solve this riddle of truth.
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo